Blue Bombers Forum
November 29, 2021, 04:33:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 291487 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #960 on: September 03, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »

I wouldn't say we developed Adams rather we identified a promising WR not getting a chance at full time work in Toronto. Randle was a quality player before he came here, just got caught in the numbers game in Calgary. Leggett was good from day 1 and had some solid NFL years before arriving, we did not develop him. Denny was in year 4 when this regime came in, bs that they developed him.

1. Adams: is identifying a guy and giving him a chance to grow and shine not "developing"?
2. Randle: is taking a guy thought expendable in another team and giving him a prominent role to grow and shine not "developing"?
3. Leggett: so anyone with any NFL experience is precluded from being "developed" by a CFL team?  All ex-NFL'ers are just automatically good with no room for improvement?
4. Denny: thought the question was "who has WPG developed" not "who has Walters/MOS developed".

Instead of shooting down my choices, why don't you come up with some of your own?

Never go full Rider!
RebusRankin

« Reply #961 on: September 03, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

1. Adams: is identifying a guy and giving him a chance to grow and shine not "developing"?
2. Randle: is taking a guy thought expendable in another team and giving him a prominent role to grow and shine not "developing"?
3. Leggett: so anyone with any NFL experience is precluded from being "developed" by a CFL team?  All ex-NFL'ers are just automatically good with no room for improvement?
4. Denny: thought the question was "who has WPG developed" not "who has Walters/MOS developed".

Instead of shooting down my choices, why don't you come up with some of your own?

I will give you Adams.
Randle started and played well in Calgary (go look up his resume) and was a free agent to be that Walters made a shrewd deal for. We did not develop him.
Leggett had two excellent seasons playing for Kansas City before his career got derailed due to injury. He entered the CFL and played at a high level right away. We did not develop him.
I believe the question was who Walters/MOS developed but if you want to credit Denny go ahead.

If you bothered to go back and look I mentioned Jeffcoat, JSK, Alexander, Wolitarsky, Chungh and Goossen as players the club brought in and developed under Walters and MOS.

I'll still point out that Calgary and Edmonton both do a better job in this area than us.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #962 on: September 03, 2018, 08:31:13 PM »

I will give you Adams.
Randle started and played well in Calgary (go look up his resume) and was a free agent to be that Walters made a shrewd deal for. We did not develop him.
Leggett had two excellent seasons playing for Kansas City before his career got derailed due to injury. He entered the CFL and played at a high level right away. We did not develop him.
I believe the question was who Walters/MOS developed but if you want to credit Denny go ahead.

If you bothered to go back and look I mentioned Jeffcoat, JSK, Alexander, Wolitarsky, Chungh and Goossen as players the club brought in and developed under Walters and MOS.

I'll still point out that Calgary and Edmonton both do a better job in this area than us.

Fair points, I'll agree with you on much of it, but I still think we get credit for Randle.  Who here knew Randle by name and position more than just in passing when he was in CGY?  Not me.  I didn't even know he was in CGY.  That means he was not prominent in CGY.  The fact that WPG turned him into a near-household name in the CFL (as much as can exist in the CFL), seems to me to be an example of WPGs successful "development" (or successful something anyhow!).

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #963 on: September 03, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »

I don't care if we rent them, buy them, or develop them... let's just put talent on the field...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
RebusRankin

« Reply #964 on: September 03, 2018, 09:16:09 PM »

Just as a point of comparison, Calgary has brought in Don Jackson, Tre Roberson, Jameer Thurman, Terry Williams, Patrick Levels, Alex Singleton, Ja'Gared Davis, Devaris Daniels, Marken Michel, James Vaughters and Ucambre Williams in the past three years. That is crazy good scouting and development and that was to a team that already had a ton of talent.
DM83

« Reply #965 on: September 03, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »

Stop. This again is too depressing.

Bigger question ...

Where have the new players been in the last two or three months.
Did the Bombers rid themselves of McManus and friends?
We have virtually not brought in anyone?

Different note.  Why won't they play Flanders like they did last year.?   The dregs they put into that one position, are sub par players, Comlared to Flanders, who even as a running back playing slot is a better total,football player.

This coaching staff is very good.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #966 on: September 03, 2018, 10:16:33 PM »

The point I was making with my question (and I appreciate the discussion it generated) was that we don't seem to have a lot of players who are getting better under the current coaches. They were either good when they got here or they are plateaued.

I certainly agree with many of the comments here. There's also an onus on our international scouting. Just not getting it done. Where are the Chris Matthews, Clarence Denmark, Brandon Zylstra (just to name one position)?

Is development limited because of coaching? Because players have limited ceilings? Because of the players around them?

I really don't know.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #967 on: September 03, 2018, 10:19:36 PM »

The point I was making with my question (and I appreciate the discussion it generated) was that we don't seem to have a lot of players who are getting better under the current coaches. They were either good when they got here or they are plateaued.

I certainly agree with many of the comments here. There's also an onus on our international scouting. Just not getting it done. Where are the Chris Matthews, Clarence Denmark, Brandon Zylstra (just to name one position)?

Is development limited because of coaching? Because players have limited ceilings? Because of the players around them?

I really don't know.
I could not agree more.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2018, 10:48:58 PM »

If you are asking, if someone works with them individually?   No.  They take part in group,work and may run scout team.  That's generally how it works on any team regarding backups.  In practice many of the  Pr players, look like the staters in many cases.  To be elevated game day a player has to have stood out and earned the opportunity.  In some cases. Injuries give  opportunity.

That's common in most of football.  Obviously in the NFL where they have sometimes 20'coaches, to The CFL ten.

In the  states there are many semi pro leagues, indoor leagues and of course the new AFL will see increased opportunity. Many times university Grad aged players just need a year or two to polish what needs polishing.( USFL, WFL)!
Ridermania

« Reply #969 on: September 05, 2018, 12:19:16 PM »

If Foketi is injured for the Banjo Bowl, does Spooner finally get on the roster?

Like to see him get a chance to play, good upside on this kid.
GCn19

« Reply #970 on: September 05, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »

If Foketi is injured for the Banjo Bowl, does Spooner finally get on the roster?

Doubt it.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #971 on: September 05, 2018, 02:57:23 PM »

Who else do they have?? They have no other American OL's on the PR. So it only be Spooner or Speller.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
GCn19

« Reply #972 on: September 05, 2018, 03:38:24 PM »

Who else do they have?? They have no other American OL's on the PR. So it only be Spooner or Speller.

Yes, I thought Ridermania had asked if Spooner would play. I see now that he was asking about being on the roster.

GCn19

« Reply #973 on: September 05, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »

Yes. However, some are saying Foketi will be good to go.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #974 on: September 06, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

Transactions Sept 5th:

WPG ADD FROM INJURED INT Jermarcus HARDRICK (OL)    Nebraska - Removed from 6-game injured list

WPG TRF TO INJURED INT Manase FOKETI (OL)    West Texas A&M - to Nov-02^^ (14-Oct)

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: