Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2021, 09:36:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292226 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #945 on: August 30, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »

and there is no "L", just AAF...  Alliance of America Football...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #946 on: August 30, 2018, 10:44:13 PM »

and there is no "L", just AAF...  Alliance of America Football...
You missed the The. It's The Alliance of American Football, like The Ohio State Bucheyes.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming Sep 1
Team-issued depth/rosters for the #LabourDayClassic - #Bombers vs #Riders. Dressler and Leggett remain game-time decisions. Jeffcoat to 6-Game Injured List. Poop Johnson to 1-Game. Gaitor activated off the 6-Game.

Pregame/halftime/postgame kicks at noon on @TSN1290Radio.

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton  Sep 1
#Bombers HC Mike O'Shea said DB Maurice Leggett will not play in tomorrow's Labour Day Classic game, joining DE Jackson Jeffcoat and OL Jermarcus Hardrick as starters who are out. Weston Dressler remains a game-time decision. #wfp

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC  Sep 1
Three changes to the #Bombers 46-man roster: on are Washington, Gaitor and Rivers; off are Lankford, Johnson and Jeffcoat

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming Sep 2
#Bombers scratch Weston Dressler and Maurice Leggett - both are dealing with lower-body injuries. WR @HeDoubleTrouble (Corey Washington) makes his first @CFL start for Winnipeg.

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers  Sep 2
Today's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #7 Weston Dressler, #31 Maurice Leggett

Ian Hamilton   @IanHamilton45  Sep 2
The Roughriders' scratches today are Rob Bagg and Jovon Johnson. The Bombers' scratches are Weston Dressler and Moe Leggett.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:02:09 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #947 on: September 03, 2018, 01:24:12 AM »

even thought everyone on here has given up all hope, I would like to discuss the roster changes for next week.

Who will come back in?

Dressler likely
Moe?
Harrdrick?
Jeffcoat?

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
66 Chevelle

« Reply #948 on: September 03, 2018, 02:52:59 PM »

if anyone on this team has a brain it will be sit Nichols and start Streveler...

bigbuff33

« Reply #949 on: September 03, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »

Moe's best days are behind him...he even admitted how lousy he played in the Calgary game...

We are so lacking in talent, compared to other teams, it's scary.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #950 on: September 03, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »

if anyone on this team has a brain it will be sit Nichols and start Streveler...

Agree

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
DM83

« Reply #951 on: September 03, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

Agree Big Buff
dd

« Reply #952 on: September 03, 2018, 03:56:10 PM »

Well you know no one on this team has a brain, haven?t you been following them long enough?? We will never pull Nichols, and will ride him to oblivion. The upcoming game is our season on the line, lose it, and we lose the season series to the riders and will finish at best 4th in the west and not get the crossover
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #953 on: September 03, 2018, 04:12:13 PM »

agreeed 100%
Will not happen this week though. Pathetic!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #954 on: September 03, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »

I haven't reviewed all 64 pages of this thread, so my apologies if this has already been discussed...

When looking at the roster, who among that group has actually been developed? Who is better today than when they arrived in Winnipeg? Andrew Harris is the only name that comes immediately to mind, and he hasn't exactly been developed by the Bombers. So, who is that guy? Who among our players can we say has come from somewhere and has really advanced as a player under the tutelage of our coaching staff?

Jeffcoat?
Oline?

Any "skill" position players?

To me, this could be the biggest indictment of the coaching and GM/scouting.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
RebusRankin

« Reply #955 on: September 03, 2018, 06:09:13 PM »

Jeffcoat and JSK are the only two that stand out as players recruited by the club who worked their way into a starting spot and who seem to have developed into very good players. Alexander it can be argued is a decent DB. Streveler at QB. Chungh and Gossen on the OL. Wolitarsky at WR.
bowlerdude

« Reply #956 on: September 03, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »

I haven't reviewed all 64 pages of this thread, so my apologies if this has already been discussed...

When looking at the roster, who among that group has actually been developed? Who is better today than when they arrived in Winnipeg? Andrew Harris is the only name that comes immediately to mind, and he hasn't exactly been developed by the Bombers. So, who is that guy? Who among our players can we say has come from somewhere and has really advanced as a player under the tutelage of our coaching staff?

Jeffcoat?
Oline?

Any "skill" position players?

To me, this could be the biggest indictment of the coaching and GM/scouting.

interesting question.

I'd say Jeffcoat, probably Adams, every NI OL and Hardrick, Alexander, Santos-Knox, Loffler, Wolitarsky, maybe Sayles?, and there's NI talent on special teams that's gotten better at their roles but were probably never going to advance past ST players.

not sure how that would compare to taking a similar look at the other teams in the league... off the top of my head I'd probably peg it as middle of the pack. I don't think its that bad, but it could definitely be better

to be honest, Nichols was probably the most improved of all of them at one point, but... not so much anymore
TecnoGenius

« Reply #957 on: September 03, 2018, 07:26:47 PM »

When looking at the roster, who among that group has actually been developed? Who is better today than when they arrived in Winnipeg?

JFG was developed well, but then we canned him.  Randle is better.  Leggett got better over the years.  JSK/Jeffcoat.  Denmark developed well over many years, but he's now gone.  We develop OL well.

We seem to have the hardest time with INT receivers.  That's our bugbear.  Though, yes, we did develop Adams from near-nobody to near-star.  But one isn't enough.

Never go full Rider!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #958 on: September 03, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »

JFG was developed well, but then we canned him.  Randle is better.  Leggett got better over the years.  JSK/Jeffcoat.  Denmark developed well over many years, but he's now gone.  We develop OL well.

We seem to have the hardest time with INT receivers.  That's our bugbear.
  Though, yes, we did develop Adams from near-nobody to near-star.  But one isn't enough.

you say that, but watch the truly elite QBs of the league, watch how they throw their receivers open, back shoulder passes, etc., and, look at their ball placement on throws on covered receivers that turn into receptions. If you can catch the ball you can catch the ball, but you have to have a QB that will throw a ball that will allow to make a catch, instead of standing in the pocket and taking a sack because 'nobody is open'...

RebusRankin

« Reply #959 on: September 03, 2018, 07:37:01 PM »

I wouldn't say we developed Adams rather we identified a promising WR not getting a chance at full time work in Toronto. Randle was a quality player before he came here, just got caught in the numbers game in Calgary. Leggett was good from day 1 and had some solid NFL years before arriving, we did not develop him. Denny was in year 4 when this regime came in, bs that they developed him.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: