Blue Bombers Forum
December 08, 2021, 08:59:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 294398 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #855 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »

he could also be on the PR pulling in his game day money like he would if on the IR or the 46...a guy on the PR can make whatever a team wants to pay him, not just the minimum PR amount.

I wouldn't read too much into it, and highly doubt he would jump ship...but then again u never know eh?

That's true in theory but if that was really the case there would be no disadvantage to putting him on the 1 game IR. He could still practice and be activate during the week of any game.

Keeping him on the 1 game IR secures his contract with him and protects him as an asset. PR to a much smaller degree. He could choose to leave tomorrow if he wanted.

Spooner choose to stay on the PR as many rookie players do but Flanders has been in the CFL since 2015? Actually I'm not really sure if Spooner was on the PR last year of on the 2 man DR ( where I thought ).

So I'd be surprised is Flanders was getting anything near a full game check. Why would he?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #856 on: July 27, 2018, 01:13:10 PM »

Depending on the money, is it worth to keep Flanders around with the depth we have at RB. It also opens up a PR spot.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #857 on: July 27, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »

Depending on the money, is it worth to keep Flanders around with the depth we have at RB. It also opens up a PR spot.

If it wasn't for the ratio aspect then yes. Unfortunately this is something that's been discussed since TC.

No room at the inn for Flanders. He's versatile but not versatile enough IMO. He won't be a starting receiver or returner. Ratio and Canadian depth at RB eliminate that as well from the looks of it.

Again. Too bad nice kid. Wrong passport.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Ridermania

« Reply #858 on: July 27, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »

I think if a team gets an injury at RB the next week or so, they may snag Flanders off the practice roster.

Assume he wants to play, not sit around and make $500 a week practicing.

Not sure who is looking for a RB?
GCn19

« Reply #859 on: July 27, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »

I think if a team gets an injury at RB the next week or so, they may snag Flanders off the practice roster.

Flanders has not been on the PR and has been getting his full game cheques.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #860 on: July 27, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »

First, he has to want to leave...  players on PR can be offered contracts, they don't have to accept them.

Second, I highly doubt he's making $500 a week on the PR:

The CFL Practice Agreement (see Appendix I of the CBA) allows the team and player to agree to a weekly salary (not tied to games). The Section 17.02 of the 2014 CBA sets minimum practice roster agreement compensation at $750/week ($15,000 over twenty weeks of regular season) plus housing or housing allowance. Housing or housing allowance is not counted against the salary cap, but practice roster salaries are.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #861 on: July 27, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »

I can't think of a team without a good primary back right now but opportunities should present themselves shortly as RB's are a very high injury group.  For O'Shea to move Flanders to the P.R. says a lot, despite the kind words and accolades for his dedication he really doesn't have a use or a plan for him.  The writing is clearly on the wall, it's past time for Flanders to break rank, stand up for his own interest and pursue opportunity elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:19:00 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Blue In BC

« Reply #862 on: July 27, 2018, 06:27:06 PM »

Lions just lost Rutley to the 6 game IR so there might be an opportunity for him there. He started 1 game in Vancouver before coming to Winnipeg.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
bowlerdude

« Reply #863 on: July 27, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »

BC is pretty beat up at RB right now, yeah.

I can't see a ton of interest in plucking an import RB off of someone's practice roster. But if an opportunity is out there for Flanders I certainly wouldn't hold anything against him for taking it.
Pigskin

« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »

I could see Flanders in BC.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
gbill2004

« Reply #865 on: July 27, 2018, 08:10:20 PM »

Lions just lost Rutley to the 6 game IR so there might be an opportunity for him there. He started 1 game in Vancouver before coming to Winnipeg.
That does make some sense.  All depends on how much confidence they have in their backups. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #866 on: July 27, 2018, 08:30:24 PM »

Flanders has not been on the PR and has been getting his full game cheques.

Sure on the 6 game IR. I don't think they can or would want to release a vet injured during TC. Would be bad PR.

Now is a different question and I don't know the answer. Doesn't hurt to keep him on the PR aside from a PR spot for another player they might want to look at.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
bowlerdude

« Reply #867 on: July 27, 2018, 08:33:29 PM »

That does make some sense.  All depends on how much confidence they have in their backups. 

I mean, Rutley was already their 3rd stringer. They don't even have a healthy RB on their roster OR practice roster right now. Rainey might be able to play anyway, but he's nicked. So it could happen if they'd rather go that route than try to find a new guy.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #868 on: July 31, 2018, 07:07:02 AM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers   Jul 27
Today's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #21 Brendan Morgan, #57 Manase Foketi

Mike Hogan   @MikeHoganArgos  Jul 27
#Argos scratches tonight are Brandon Burks and DJ Sackey. Wilder is dressed. #CFL

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #869 on: August 07, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »

Transactions Aug 6th:

WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Shayne GAUTHIER (LB)    Laval - Removed from 6-game injured list
WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Frederic PLESIUS (LB)    Laval - to Sep-28^^ (09-Sep)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: