Blue Bombers Forum
December 04, 2021, 04:08:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292915 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #825 on: July 24, 2018, 03:12:28 PM »

BOMBERS ADD TWO TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., July 24, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed national linebacker Frederic Plesius to the active roster, and international receiver Brisly Estime to the practice roster

Plesius (6'1, 245, Laval University, February 10, 1988 in Laval, QC.) has spent five seasons in the CFL, playing in a combined 73 games for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Montreal Alouettes, making 90 total tackles, one sack and one interception. In 2016, Plesius recorded 26 total tackles, including 23 tackles on special teams. Plesius spent his four-year college career with the Laval Rouge et Or, recording 123.5 tackles and winning two Vanier Cup Championships.

Estime (5'9, 185, Syracuse University, December, 1992 in Delray Beach, FL.) played four seasons with the Syracuse Orange, catching 103 passes for 1,208 yards and 7 touchdowns. Estime is the ACC record-holder with a career average of 18 yards per punt return. In 2017, Estime signed with the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/07/24/bombers-add-two-roster-4/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #826 on: July 24, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »

I thought Estime's name sounded familiar. He was signed on May 16th but failed his physical so he was released the same day.

gbill2004

« Reply #827 on: July 24, 2018, 03:36:50 PM »

According to Bauming, Frank Renaud had season ending surgery. 
booch

« Reply #828 on: July 24, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »

which makes sense why we signed Plesius..equal trade off there and probably a bit of a bonus as Plesius could step in and take some LB reps
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #829 on: July 24, 2018, 03:43:07 PM »

which makes sense why we signed Plesius..equal trade off there and probably a bit of a bonus as Plesius could step in and take some LB reps
That bonus might have contributed to the Bowman trade as I'm sure Plesius would be making more than Renaud.

GCn19

« Reply #830 on: July 24, 2018, 03:45:17 PM »

That bonus might have contributed to the Bowman trade as I'm sure Plesius would be making more than Renaud.

Not much more. He was on the scrap heap.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #831 on: July 24, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »

According to Bauming, Frank Renaud had season ending surgery. 

Yeah, that's what I thought unfortunately. Tough luck for the young guy.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #832 on: July 25, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »

How are all these NAT STers getting dinged?  I'm not seeing it in the games.  What's up with that?  They are only playing like 10 plays a game.

Maybe after each loss (which can be attributed in part to bad ST play) MOS is pushing the STers hard to be more physical.  Maybe they're taking it too far?  A shut-down ST is great, but not if your NATs are dropping like flies.

Very weird overall.  At least the league seems to have a lot of spare NAT STers around for us to pick up.  And it's not like they cost much.

BTW, best of luck in their recovery to our injured NATs, especially the longtime Bombers.  Those guys play hard every week and are more important than most know.  (At least Miller isn't hurt.)

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #833 on: July 25, 2018, 02:56:45 AM »

How are all these NAT STers getting dinged?  I'm not seeing it in the games.  What's up with that?  They are only playing like 10 plays a game.

Maybe after each loss (which can be attributed in part to bad ST play) MOS is pushing the STers hard to be more physical.  Maybe they're taking it too far?  A shut-down ST is great, but not if your NATs are dropping like flies.

Very weird overall.  At least the league seems to have a lot of spare NAT STers around for us to pick up.  And it's not like they cost much.

BTW, best of luck in their recovery to our injured NATs, especially the longtime Bombers.  Those guys play hard every week and are more important than most know.  (At least Miller isn't hurt.)

we want all our players to play hard and injuries happen, not a big deal and we have got some replacments

while I'm not happy to see a number of guys lost for the season, it's next up and a fact of life in pro ball

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pigskin

« Reply #834 on: July 25, 2018, 03:21:53 AM »

A lot of stuff happens on ST's that people never see on TV.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Doublezero

« Reply #835 on: July 25, 2018, 12:31:49 PM »

A lot of stuff happens on ST's that people never see on TV.
True! Shayne Gauthier flat out violated Esks Jordan Beaulieu on punt cover in that first home game. I have a lot more respect for Gauthier after witnessing that. Guy is a freaking baller.

Just gimme the rock.
Blue In BC

« Reply #836 on: July 25, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »

True! Shayne Gauthier flat out violated Esks Jordan Beaulieu on punt cover in that first home game. I have a lot more respect for Gauthier after witnessing that. Guy is a freaking baller.

Don't remember that play but really liked Gauthier and how he was playing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Doublezero

« Reply #837 on: July 25, 2018, 12:40:21 PM »

Don't remember that play but really liked Gauthier and how he was playing.
Me too. Thought at first he should've given up jersey #44 to Bighill but now I'm glad he didn't. Gauthier is a violent (controlled violence within the rules mostly) ST player and glad he's on our team. Smiley

Just gimme the rock.
Blue In BC

« Reply #838 on: July 25, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »

Not much more. He was on the scrap heap.

That's true but he's a longer term CFL veteran and that raises the salary accordingly in the CFLPA. Renaud is still on an ELC as far as I know.

Might be a $10K pro rated difference.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #839 on: July 25, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

That's true but he's a longer term CFL veteran and that raises the salary accordingly in the CFLPA. Renaud is still on an ELC as far as I know.

Might be a $10K pro rated difference.

Long term veterans get protected in terms of the date their salaries are guaranteed, but it doesn't entitle them to a higher minimum salary.

Plesius was a high second rounder, so his entry level contract might have been somewhat higher than the minimum, and he may have gotten a raise when he was extended by Hamilton (who thought they were going to have him play a larger role). But once he was released by Montreal and sat on the shelf all the way through training camp and the first 5 games of the season, there is no telling what he signed for. He may very well be below $60k.

grab grass 'n growl
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: