Blue Bombers Forum
December 08, 2021, 07:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 294370 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #780 on: July 09, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »

I hate crap like that. He will tweet his way off the team if he isn't careful.

He probably looks at it like he's buried behind several players. Lankford got more looks during the pre-season and Kenbrell Thompkins is pretty good too.
gbill2004

« Reply #781 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »

Corey Washington Jr.@HeDoubleTrouble

Ready to play some football again!!
But mostly I?m ready to see my daughter in a few weeks 😊🙌🏾

So was the previous tweet in reference to his new daughter? 
Blue In BC

« Reply #782 on: July 09, 2018, 06:38:06 PM »

Maybe he meant next year he'll be a family man and out of football as a result. That's fine as a life decision. OTOH keep it to yourself if you're being retained to develop and you won't be around for the team to benefit.

It may have been more of an assessment that it's not easy to rise up the depth chart and he may see greater talents above him. He may be or feel he's # 3 on the PR depth chart.

I haven't seen him in practice to know how he looks compared to Thompkins or Lankford.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #783 on: July 09, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »

I've seen enough to know Lankford ranks dead last in terms of receiver talent and upside on the roster, and is only here for return reasons..and really those as well can be easily replaced..
Knocker42

« Reply #784 on: July 09, 2018, 06:47:19 PM »

I have watched him in practice and he has made some excellent plays.  He and Thompkins certainly have the talent to play in this league and both show a lot more desire than Bowman.  Neither player would let the team down in pass catching and route running, if practice is anything to judge by.
I cannot make any comment about their blocking.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #785 on: July 09, 2018, 06:49:57 PM »

Who would have thought Bowman would become public enemy number 1 by week 4? Holy.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #786 on: July 09, 2018, 06:51:41 PM »

Maybe he meant next year he'll be a family man and out of football as a result. That's fine as a life decision. OTOH keep it to yourself if you're being retained to develop and you won't be around for the team to benefit.

It may have been more of an assessment that it's not easy to rise up the depth chart and he may see greater talents above him. He may be or feel he's # 3 on the PR depth chart.

I haven't seen him in practice to know how he looks compared to Thompkins or Lankford.

I think it's a tough go for anybody sitting on the P.R., not much of a life and slim hope of getting an opportunity to earn a spot while earning a little more than spending money.  Ego and how they deal with it probably plays a huge role in the players the Bombers keep and who they let go. Throwing distant children and family into the mix adds to their dissatisfaction and impatience to get on with things.
Knocker42

« Reply #787 on: July 09, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »

I'm thinking he has a bit to do to take the "Public Enemy" title from Ritchie Hall.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #788 on: July 09, 2018, 06:53:09 PM »

Who would have thought Bowman would become public enemy number 1 by week 4? Holy.

It's just ridiculous.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
NewBlue

« Reply #789 on: July 09, 2018, 07:56:36 PM »

If that tweet is in reference to not getting game time, then ya that doesn't look good and could get him cut.
But many things it could have meant......Maybe he's been told he's in for this week?
BIGBLUE204

« Reply #790 on: July 09, 2018, 08:19:40 PM »

If that tweet is in reference to not getting game time, then ya that doesn't look good and could get him cut.
But many things it could have meant......Maybe he's been told he's in for this week?

I'm leaning towards it being about football. There are a few tweets of his that all are complaining about lack of playing/development opportunities. I for one wouldn't mind him getting an opportunity. Bowman has left me a bit sour.

GO BLUE! everyone else CAN EAT IT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #791 on: July 09, 2018, 09:18:33 PM »

Actually it wouldn't hurt to give one of the receivers on the PR a shot. The Lions are in the weaker team category so what better time to see what a new receiver can do.

The team will have more insight on Bowman. Is he hurt. Is he running routes called full out. Is he taking plays off. Don't know the answer. So on one hand want to see what he does now that Nichols is back. On the other hand wouldn't be the worst thing seeing a PR receiver in real game time.

Practice players looking good don't always look good in games. I haven't even seen them in practice but the coaches need to decide when is the right time.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gbill2004

« Reply #792 on: July 09, 2018, 09:25:17 PM »

In reading through Washington's Twitter timeline over the last week, it's clear he's unhappy and is complaining about a lack of playing time.
Blue In BC

« Reply #793 on: July 09, 2018, 09:44:20 PM »

In reading through Washington's Twitter timeline over the last week, it's clear he's unhappy and is complaining about a lack of playing time.

Then he's going to lose his PR opportunity shortly. O'Shea shouldn't stand for that and needs to have a talk with him. If he doesn't want to be here then he should be gone.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gbill2004

« Reply #794 on: July 09, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »

Then he's going to lose his PR opportunity shortly. O'Shea shouldn't stand for that and needs to have a talk with him. If he doesn't want to be here then he should be gone.
They're somewhat cryptic tweets, but there's a number of them and knowing the context of his situation, I think it's clear he's unhappy.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: