Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2021, 02:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 280221 times)
bowlerdude

« Reply #765 on: July 06, 2018, 08:58:21 PM »

I'm not sure there's any intention of having an import RB sticking around (Flanders is hurt and also started to move to more of an RB/SB hybrid role). I think Lafrance, Augustine, and Demski are here to remove the need for that position.
Blue In BC

« Reply #766 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51:29 PM »

I'm not sure there's any intention of having an import RB sticking around (Flanders is hurt and also started to move to more of an RB/SB hybrid role). I think Lafrance, Augustine, and Demski are here to remove the need for that position.

That's what I thought going into TC. However they kept Flanders and I don't know if that is a mandatory action due to vet status or what.

All that said I still think we need an upgrade on the returner situation. How we get one on the AR is another question. Regardless a PR guy could be part of the solution in 2019 for example. That's one reason we have a PR.

I don't believe Flanders when healthy will be the next receiver to make the AR when an injury occurs. I could be wrong but that's my guess. OTOH, we don't know what his injury is and whether he's even expected to be healthy this season.

IIRC I probably suggested neither Flanders or Lankford should be retained and both positions should have had competition for PR spots, not AR spots. I like Flanders but still feel that plus the ratio issue of even getting him on the AR when healthy.

May as well have intended to save a little SMS space and develop new players.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:54:43 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #767 on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:04 AM »

That's what I thought going into TC. However they kept Flanders and I don't know if that is a mandatory action due to vet status or what.

All that said I still think we need an upgrade on the returner situation. How we get one on the AR is another question. Regardless a PR guy could be part of the solution in 2019 for example. That's one reason we have a PR.

I don't believe Flanders when healthy will be the next receiver to make the AR when an injury occurs. I could be wrong but that's my guess. OTOH, we don't know what his injury is and whether he's even expected to be healthy this season.

IIRC I probably suggested neither Flanders or Lankford should be retained and both positions should have had competition for PR spots, not AR spots. I like Flanders but still feel that plus the ratio issue of even getting him on the AR when healthy.

May as well have intended to save a little SMS space and develop new players.

I love Flanders but I don't have a clue how they're going to deploy him.  If he's healthy after LD maybe they bring back the Harris/Flanders set and pull Dressler or Bowman on certain downs to mix things up.  I would like to see them develop Augustine as the RB of the future before they lose him, so I would honestly prefer they teach him all Flanders tricks so that they don't have to mess around with the ratio.
Blue In BC

« Reply #768 on: July 07, 2018, 01:36:37 PM »

I love Flanders but I don't have a clue how they're going to deploy him.  If he's healthy after LD maybe they bring back the Harris/Flanders set and pull Dressler or Bowman on certain downs to mix things up.  I would like to see them develop Augustine as the RB of the future before they lose him, so I would honestly prefer they teach him all Flanders tricks so that they don't have to mess around with the ratio.

Deploying him is not the issue. It's the ratio issue as you noted. We all like Flanders and he's not a bad player.

However he's not a great player. Let's use S. Logan as the example. A player that returns, receives and rushes at a very high level. That's the kind of versatility you need when ratio limits who you can get on the roster.

I hope we get some opportunity in games to see our other Canadian RB's. Just don't want it to happen due to an injury to Harris. Game situations where we have big leads should provide that as the season goes forward.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #769 on: July 07, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »

Rosters for game 4:

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
The #Bombers depth chart for tomorrow features two changes to the 46-man roster: QB Matt Nichols and DE Trent Corney are on; DB Derek Jones and QB Mitchell Gale are off. Tyneil Cooper will start at CB

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
The club has issued a correction to their Week 4 roster. LB Kyrie Wilson is on Winnipeg's active roster and not on their practice roster. He was previously listed on both.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:42:52 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #770 on: July 09, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Tonight's @RedRiverMutual starting lineup.
Inactives: #37 Brandon Alexander, #57 Manase Foketi.

Transactions July 6:

WPG ADD FROM INJURED NAT Trent CORNEY (DL)    Virginia
WPG EXT ON INJURED INT Ian WILD (LB)    Mercyhurst College - to Jul-13
WPG TRF TO INJURED NAT Derek JONES (DB)    Simon Fraser - to Aug-24^^ (11-Jul)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:18:16 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #771 on: July 09, 2018, 11:45:34 AM »

Steve Morley   @SteveMorley62 
My boy: special teams stud @JeffHecht24 has just signed with the @Wpg_BlueBombers . Does anyone have a room to rent out to him, please? #FortheW #bombers #cfl #winnipeg

Pigskin

« Reply #772 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:44 PM »

And that's the best we could do?? wow

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2018, 01:32:30 PM »

its not like he will be a starter on this team.
yes he was a starter in sask but he will be a depth guy and a st player nothing more.
Blue In BC

« Reply #774 on: July 09, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »

I suppose he's replacing Jones while injured. At least he's a veteran and known skill set. I would have thought Conteh or Branning would have been signed.

Morgan moves up the depth chart behind Loffler so they really just needed a # 3 depth guy and ST player.

So it does seem a bit of a surprise that neither of the other two are returning to an AR spot.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #775 on: July 09, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »

Corey Washington Jr.@HeDoubleTrouble

Next year decisions just keep getting easier  and easier for me!!

? ? ? ?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #776 on: July 09, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »

? ? ? ?
Interesting. Maybe he's tired of being on the PR while Bowman doesn't produce. Probably figures he deserves a shot.
theaardvark

« Reply #777 on: July 09, 2018, 06:04:49 PM »

Interesting. Maybe he's tired of being on the PR while Bowman doesn't produce. Probably figures he deserves a shot.

But he's on the PR... no need to wait until next year, if he thinks there is a better opportunity, he can walk now...  I get he may be frustrated, but this tweet is something that gets guys cut...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #778 on: July 09, 2018, 06:05:08 PM »

? ? ? ?

I hate crap like that. He will tweet his way off the team if he isn't careful.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #779 on: July 09, 2018, 06:09:14 PM »

Ready to play some football again!!
But mostly I?m ready to see my daughter in a few weeks 😊🙌🏾

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: