Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2021, 02:11:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 280222 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #705 on: June 12, 2018, 02:50:09 AM »

ROSTER                         11-Jun-18
WPG ADD FROM INJURED VETERAN INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

Yeah I don't get this. O'Shea said he needed time to get up to speed so I would have expected him to be on the IR. Now we're taking him off IR?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #706 on: June 12, 2018, 05:46:27 AM »

WPG ADD FROM INJURED VETERAN INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State

Yeah I don't get this. O'Shea said he needed time to get up to speed so I would have expected him to be on the IR. Now we're taking him off IR?

Very curious... instantly contradicts what he said on coach's show?  Is this purely a player-reward issue?  Put him on AR and then healthy-scratch him on Thurs, does that mean Mo still gets a game day cheque??  And now who's bumped to make space?

For those curious, maybe discuss on the coach's show thread?  I just posted there that Mo will be a DB...

Never go full Rider!
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #707 on: June 12, 2018, 06:05:11 AM »

I think all this is showing is he's coming off the pre-season IR. On Weds they will announce their injury list for the coming week. Leggett will either be on the injury list or 2 man reserve.

NewBlue

« Reply #708 on: June 12, 2018, 11:44:20 AM »

So I just counted 52 on the roster, does that mean 6 are still injured?  Leggett must be one of those 6.

With Demski back, also don't know how we keep 4 National WR & 5 Int.  Who from that group is injured?  Thompkins got a little banged up in the game, but came back.  Do they put him on IR?
the paw

« Reply #709 on: June 12, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »

I think all this is showing is he's coming off the pre-season IR. On Weds they will announce their injury list for the coming week. Leggett will either be on the injury list or 2 man reserve.

I think this is correct.  It appears injured veteran is a status that you can use during camp to open up a slot for someone else. 

I notice there are still 2 vacant PR spots, so they will use those, the IR, and the 2man reserve to get everyone sorted. Pesrsonally, I suspect Moe is more than one week away.

grab grass 'n growl
NewBlue

« Reply #710 on: June 12, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »

So I just counted 52 on the roster, does that mean 6 are still injured?  Leggett must be one of those 6.

With Demski back, also don't know how we keep 4 National WR & 5 Int.  Who from that group is injured?  Thompkins got a little banged up in the game, but came back.  Do they put him on IR?

I'm guessing Nichols, Lafrance, Thompkins, Wild, Leggett & Flanders on IR
Blue In BC

« Reply #711 on: June 12, 2018, 01:27:27 PM »

Very curious... instantly contradicts what he said on coach's show?  Is this purely a player-reward issue?  Put him on AR and then healthy-scratch him on Thurs, does that mean Mo still gets a game day cheque??  And now who's bumped to make space?

For those curious, maybe discuss on the coach's show thread?  I just posted there that Mo will be a DB...

He gets paid either way. So that doesn't explain the game check idea. Other teams added veteran players to IR during TC and haven't made similar moves that I noticed.

It doesn't appear he'll play this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #712 on: June 12, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »

He gets paid either way. So that doesn't explain the game check idea. Other teams added veteran players to IR during TC and haven't made similar moves that I noticed.

It doesn't appear he'll play this week.
The CFL transactions page during pre-season is not 100% accurate. A lot of moves haven't been reported.

Blue In BC

« Reply #713 on: June 12, 2018, 04:00:11 PM »

The CFL transactions page during pre-season is not 100% accurate. A lot of moves haven't been reported.

That may be true but the transaction regarding Leggett was reported on June 11th.

I'm not sure players currently on the AR are subject to be moving to the PR in week 1. I mean isn't that the point of declaring the 46 man roster and cuts? Otherwise we could have kept the 8 current PR guys and declared the PR and IR on Wednesday.

I don't recall teams having more than 46 AR going into week 1. I thought IR's got declared at the same time as the cuts in past seasons.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gbill2004

« Reply #714 on: June 12, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »

That may be true but the transaction regarding Leggett was reported on June 11th.

I'm not sure players currently on the AR are subject to be moving to the PR in week 1. I mean isn't that the point of declaring the 46 man roster and cuts? Otherwise we could have kept the 8 current PR guys and declared the PR and IR on Wednesday.

I don't recall teams having more than 46 AR going into week 1. I thought IR's got declared at the same time as the cuts in past seasons.
Bombers said they will release their IR tomorrow, along with the depth chart. 
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #715 on: June 12, 2018, 04:07:58 PM »

O'Shea doesn't like to release roster info early to keep the other team guessing.

The team doesn't have to announce their IR list until Weds and as Gbill mentioned, that is when they will announce it.

Blue In BC

« Reply #716 on: June 12, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »

O'Shea doesn't like to release roster info early to keep the other team guessing.

The team doesn't have to announce their IR list until Weds and as Gbill mentioned, that is when they will announce it.

I don't think keeping a few depth players / rookies keeps other teams guessing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #717 on: June 12, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »

Why did we activate Leggett? Because it's the only way he's allowed to practice. Pretty simple really. He may not be ready this week or next, but the Bombers want to give him ample time to gradually work up to game speed.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #718 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

Why did we activate Leggett? Because it's the only way he's allowed to practice. Pretty simple really. He may not be ready this week or next, but the Bombers want to give him ample time to gradually work up to game speed.

I don't believe that is true. You can practice while on the 1 game IR as far as I know.  If that's not true then none of extra 5 or 6 players on today's AR shouldn't be practicing if they are going to end up on the IR tomorrow.

1 game IR is often an extended PR where players get full pay.

Players can practice in week 5 while on the 6 game IR.

So why didn't we have to declare on Sunday? Seems like a loophole. Unless the league has been advised and the team is just not announcing those decisions.

Just as I mentioned I don't think players on today's AR can be moved to the PR this week. Players on the PR could be moved up but not the other way around for week 1.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 05:14:29 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #719 on: June 13, 2018, 07:35:57 AM »

Is that true?  Game check goes to everyone on AR and IR???  I thought it was only those who dressed + healthy scratches?  Admittedly, I know absolutely nothing about this side of things, that's why I'm curious.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: