Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2021, 09:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292206 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #690 on: June 11, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »

Here's how I see it being our best line-up

Bryant...Neufeld...Goosen..Chungh...Hardrick (Couture)
Adams..Demski..Bowman..Dressler....Wolytowski  (Simonese..Peterman..Tompkins-DI)
Strevler (Ross...Bennett)
Harris (Augustine)

Jeffcoat..Nevis..Poop..Opo (Corney/Thomas/Roh-DI)
Randle...Fogg...Loffler..Gaitor..Alexander (Jones..Morgan)
JSK..Biggie..Fenner (Briggs..Miles..Gauthier Wilson-DI)

Medlock DI..Rempel...Miller..( now depending on injuries and if we dress 7 olineman like last year then it's either Spooner or Lafrance)

2 Reserves (Larfance/Spooner and Foketti/Flanders...whichever one isn't on 1 game)

I'm thinking we will roll with just Morgan and Jones as back-up DB's and be better suited with Wilson as a DI at linebacker.

Now if Leggett is actually gonna play I guess he goes to SAM and Fenner most likely to HB and one of Fogg/Alexander come off

Looks pretty good. I think that's only 43 players. Renaud is missing but if Spooner is active that could flip where they land.

Wilson makes sense if Wild can't play.

Thompkins is an interesting DI choice. It's either him or Lankford if they can and choose an offensive guy as a DI.

Not sounding like Leggett makes game 1. Wild maybe. Not sure what Jones injury is or what that domino might be.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »

yeah 43...then one of Spooner or Lafrance...we dressed 7 olineman last year...so n ot sure if that a plan again this year
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2018, 06:23:47 PM »

Ted Wyman  @Ted_Wyman  7 minutes ago
Mike O'Shea says Maurice Leggett will not play this week as he needs a full week of practice before there's a chance of him being ready. Leggett still recovering from torn Achilles, suffered last season. Was a partial participant in practice Monday. #Bombers #CFL

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers    June 10
The team has released kicker F?lix M?nard-Bri?re.

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton  June 10
For those curious as to why K Felix Menard-Briere was released today and not yesterday when the team released it's long list of cuts, it was because he was given the night to decide whether he wanted a PR spot. He declined the #Bombers offer today and was then issued his release.

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming  June 11
The #RedBlacks have announced the addition of K/P Felix M?nard-Bri?re to their practice roster.

BOMBER REPORT - JUNE 11

NOTABLE:
Former Bombers kicking prospect F?lix M?nard-Bri?re accepted a practice roster agreement with the Ottawa REDBLACKS on Monday - after turning down a similar opportunity here on the weekend. M?nard-Bri?re was a perfect 4-for-4 in field goal attempts over two pre-season games, but was listed behind veteran Justin Medlock on the depth chart here, while Ottawa will likely go with two kickers to start the season in Canadian Lewis Ward for placekicking and import Richie Leone for punts and kickoffs.

"I really appreciate Felix and the work he did," said O'Shea. "He went out on the field in B.C. and banged a 52 yarder and punted well. He's going to be a successful kicker. But, as I spoke to him, you look at the B.C. situation with Lui Passaglia... there's a couple hall of famers who had been cut because he had a job for 24 years or whatever it is. It takes so long for kickers to break in. They just have to have the right opportunity. Hopefully, Felix gets an opportunity to get on the field. It would be unfortunate it's not with us, but we've got Justin Medlock and I would say he's the best kicker in the league and maybe the best ever."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/06/11/bomber-report-june-11/

Practice roster June 10th:
WPG ADD  INT Tyneil COOPER (DB)    Dixie State
WPG ADD  NAT Tylor HENRY (N/C*) (WR)    Alberta
WPG ADD  INT Robert PRIESTER (DB)    Wyoming
WPG ADD  NAT John RUSH (LB)    Guelph
WPG ADD  INT Marcus SAYLES (DB)    West Georgia
WPG ADD  NAT Cody SPELLER (N/C) (OL)    McMaster
WPG ADD  INT Corey WASHINGTON (WR)    Newberry College
WPG ADD  INT Kyrie WILSON (LB)    Fresno State
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:00:09 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »

Nah....Fogg is a much better punt returner...and Demski can do it as well...We can also use  Demski and Augustine on kick offs too.

But sadly I have a feeling the team will roster Lankford...Which I think is a waste of a spot

Lankford is a good KR. Demski is nicked, and that's why I put Lankford ahead of Tompkins. Definitely not for Lankford's receiving ability. lol

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2018, 06:26:14 PM »

yeah 43...then one of Spooner or Lafrance...we dressed 7 olineman last year...so n ot sure if that a plan again this year

It's an interesting question though. Last year we had Bond with Neufeld and Couture in reserve. That's changed this year with one less body but obviously Spooner could be that guy.

We dropped Rush as FB to the PR. That might be a reason to add the extra OL so that we can use them in TE options occasionally that we used last year.

Does Thompkins have any return experience? They like him so he could be a guy they take a look at in game 1 to see what he brings to the table. An extended audition in live fire. They already know what Lankford can do.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #695 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »

Demski I hear is fine and good to go.

I don't think Lankford is that great...He is fast and there is a seam or hole there he is ok...but he can't make anything happen on his own...has no moves at all to make anyone miss and I don't think is physical enough...

GCn19

« Reply #696 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »

It's an interesting question though. Last year we had Bond with Neufeld and Couture in reserve. That's changed this year with one less body but obviously Spooner could be that guy.

We dropped Rush as FB to the PR. That might be a reason to add the extra OL so that we can use them in TE options occasionally that we used last year.

Does Thompkins have any return experience? They like him so he could be a guy they take a look at in game 1 to see what he brings to the table. An extended audition in live fire. They already know what Lankford can do.

They kept Lankford on the AR for a reason. Doubt it's for his receiving skills.

Blue In BC

« Reply #697 on: June 11, 2018, 06:28:37 PM »

Lankford is a good KR. Demski is nicked, and that's why I put Lankford ahead of Tompkins. Definitely not for Lankford's receiving ability. lol

The downside is that we don't want to be receiving K/O's. That will mean the Esks are scoring!! If that's the case and we're playing catch up, then that's not a good situation with young QB's.

aarrgghhh!

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #698 on: June 11, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

but oh so exciting! the season is upon us!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #699 on: June 11, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »

They kept Lankford on the AR for a reason. Doubt it's for his receiving skills.

They also kept Flanders, B.Bryant, Wild, Leggett and Thompkins on the AR at the moment.

The bigger question is why did we keep Flanders at all? I like him but having to add him to the AR is not going to be an easy decision.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #700 on: June 11, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »

well he can return kicks as well...play receiver better than Lankford...play running back...play teams too as a coverage guy...Crossing my fingers he goes on the 44 before Lankford to see how he does as the kick return guy

He offers a heck of a lot more value as the DI as Lankford does
GCn19

« Reply #701 on: June 11, 2018, 06:36:54 PM »

well he can return kicks as well...play receiver better than Lankford...play running back...play teams too as a coverage guy...Crossing my fingers he goes on the 44 before Lankford to see how he does as the kick return guy

He offers a heck of a lot more value as the DI as Lankford does

No question about that...but isn't he injured?

booch

« Reply #702 on: June 11, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »

i think so...not sure extent of it tho
GCn19

« Reply #703 on: June 11, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »

i think so...not sure extent of it tho

I don't think there was any possibility of having him Thursday.

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #704 on: June 12, 2018, 02:33:50 AM »

ROSTER                          11-Jun-18
WPG ADD FROM INJURED VETERAN INT Maurice LEGGETT (DB)    Valdosta State

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: