Blue Bombers Forum
October 25, 2021, 02:54:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 281997 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #660 on: June 10, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »

Roster has been updated. 52 players in total on the AR. 29 imports and 23 Canadians.

So, many changes yet to come, mostly on the import side.

If Spooner goes to 2 man reserve:  LaFrance to IR that resolves the Canadian roster.

If Foketi goes to 2 man reserve: Nichols, Flanders, B. Bryant, Thompkins, Lankford Leggett and Wild are candidates to resolve the Import roster.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:24:24 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #661 on: June 10, 2018, 05:26:22 PM »

I missed B. Bryant because evidently the CFL site doesn't list him on our roster as I cut and pasted my starting point from there. The Bomber site would have been more correct, I'm sure, but, the CFL site doesn't include pictures of the players and makes it a ton easier to import. Sure didn't want to have to type all of that. I crossed checked it with the Bomber site but didn't catch that as I probably saw "Bryant" and assumed Stanley... my bad for being in a hurry... but duly noted... hence my reason by ignoring BIBC comment related to Bryant, lol..

As for the other oversights, it was originally meant to be a conversation starter and a starting point to make corrections to based upon related conversation. I've only been here 10 months and would never claim to think I know the in's and out's of the theory behind who you DI or put on a Reserve Roster. I learn by the critique provided by the members here to gather a more 'informed' opinion of who goes where and why. Heck, I'm still baffled as why there is a need for DI or RR to be quite honest, or than having a roster that appears to have more national positions than import. It would seem a lot less complicated without them because now it's more of a 'wink and a nod' in my opinion.

So, with all of that, I do appreciate the feedback.. thx!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #662 on: June 10, 2018, 05:29:50 PM »

my spreadsheet is missing... is it gone for everyone else too? that's odd, I know in the past other had issues seeing images I posted from time to time but this is the first time that I couldn't see them as well, especially when I could see it to begin with...hmmm... oh well, I'll relocate it and post again... sorry about that...

swansong

« Reply #663 on: June 10, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »

being wrong from time to time is part of the learning process... I have absolutely no problem with that or putting myself out there...

"A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value."

- Isaac Asimov
gbill2004

« Reply #664 on: June 10, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »

Why do so many people think Demski is injured?  As far as I know he is expected to start week 1. 
DarkDays

« Reply #665 on: June 10, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »

Sorry to drop an idea 2 pages ago and run. life happens.

if the price is right, putting travis bond at guard, and going with thomas on the d line would be worth it.

The o-line solidified when we got bond.  It allows you a good spot to target when running between tackles.  He?s agile, mobile and hostile on running plays.  He changed the range of play calling with his presence.

On D, Bighill gives you the kind of pursuit and intelligence at linebacker  that allows you to ?go canuck? on the line.

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #666 on: June 10, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »

Why do so many people think Demski is injured?  As far as I know he is expected to start week 1. 

He is good to go!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #667 on: June 10, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »

updated spreadsheet...

moves have the player number 'yellow'... in order to make it work, I had to bring back Spooner from the PR in order to get my ratio correct and placed 2 imports on the IR...

with the info provided on cuts and availability of players based upon nationality, there is much room for change other than moving 1 player on and off the AR to IR of the same nationality, basically...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:03:37 AM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

66 Chevelle

« Reply #668 on: June 10, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »

"A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value."

- Isaac Asimov

and this is why you and I are friends!  Grin

I'm in the middle of emailing you between post, while my internet is still working anyway...

kkc60

« Reply #669 on: June 10, 2018, 06:46:32 PM »

updated spreadsheet...

moves have the player number 'yellow'... in order to make it work, I had to bring back Spooner from the PR in order to get my ratio correct and placed 2 imports on the IR...

with the info provided on cuts and availability of players based upon nationality, there is much room for change other than moving 1 player on and off the AR to IR of the same nationality, basically...

Nice list but Speller is on the PR and LaFrance is definitely headed to the injured list
66 Chevelle

« Reply #670 on: June 10, 2018, 07:16:00 PM »

Nice list but Speller is on the PR and LaFrance is definitely headed to the injured list

I know that the team placed Speller on the PR, but these are the moves I had to make with the players available to make the ratio work...  I had to bump two imports back to a different roster... it was either bring Speller back over or go with a 45 man roster...

gbill2004

« Reply #671 on: June 10, 2018, 07:43:17 PM »

updated spreadsheet...

Spreadsheet doesn?t show on my iPhone.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #672 on: June 10, 2018, 08:42:56 PM »

Spreadsheet doesn?t show on my iPhone.

just because it's you I'll relocate the image and fix it for ya!

gbill2004

« Reply #673 on: June 10, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »

just because it's you I'll relocate the image and fix it for ya!
Thank you!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #674 on: June 11, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »

sorry for the delay, dang internet went bye bye for a while again... but everyone should be able to see the last chart now...

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: