Blue Bombers Forum
November 29, 2021, 04:51:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 291502 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #645 on: June 10, 2018, 03:23:46 PM »

And your roster has about 30 players on it and still couldn't resolve all the imports. Go figure.

home schooled, for sure... did you not read that my roster includes 21 nationals, 20 imports, 3 QBs, and 2 reserve players... plus 5 on the IR and 8 on the PR... I listed my starters and other roster designations, an intelligent person would know that the balance of my roster is made up of those not cut as noted above in prior comments... I'll draw you a picture if that will help...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #646 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »

Could use Jake Thomas as a starting DT and rotate him with Poop.
If you have to maintain the ratio in game, Poop comes in Corney comes in Roh goes out?

That assumes Poop is a DI. You can't add another import to the grand total. In theory Roh is already a DI on the DL.

Do you really want Thomas as a nearly full time starter in order to get Bond back at LG? What about the SMS that was expected and the domino impact on the OL? Neufeld back to # 6 and Couture as # 7, Spooner # 8?

We were already struggling with our 7 Canadian starters and you're effectively suggesting benching one in favour of Bond.

Those are the reasons we let him go in free agency. No room at the inn unfortunately.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
NewBlue

« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »

OK, let me take a stab at it (my first time, so be gentle!)

Nationals:  
Harris, Augustine, Miller, Petermann, Simonese, Wolitarsky, Neuf, Goosen, Chungh, Couture
JT, Corney, Briggs, Miles, Gauthier, Renaud, Morgan, Loffler, Jones, Rempel, FMB

Internationals:
Adams, Bowman, Dress, Lankford, Thompkins, Byrant
OKP, Roh, Nevis, CJ, Bryant, JC, JSK, Bighill, Fenner, Alexander, Fogg, Gaitor, Randle, Medlock

Reserve:  Foketi, Spooner

IR:  
Lafrance when healthy gets cut or pushes Augustine to PR
Demski slots back in at WR and pushes Woli to PR
Hardrick....does Bryant get dropped?
Flanders   cut him or one of Lang/Thomp
Leggett when healthy pushes Alexander to PR?
Wild when healthy is there still a spot for him?
Blue In BC

« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2018, 03:36:37 PM »

home schooled, for sure... did you not read that my roster includes 21 nationals, 20 imports, 3 QBs, and 2 reserve players... plus 5 on the IR and 8 on the PR... I listed my starters and other roster designations, an intelligent person would know that the balance of my roster is made up of those not cut as noted above in prior comments... I'll draw you a picture if that will help...

Sure I read that but your analysis of starters, reserve, IR suggestions didn't take into account key issues.

The number of imports still on the roster and where they go. Opinion is one thing and you could have suggested Foketi and B. Bryant going to IR and that would have been closer to an opinion.

Having a Canadian as a DI would mess up even that as pure ratio math though. So it's not the opinion I'm challenging, it's the understanding of the accounting aspect of the ratio I challenged.

To that end I did clarify some of the likely possibilities.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #649 on: June 10, 2018, 03:42:16 PM »

OK, let me take a stab at it (my first time, so be gentle!)

Nationals:  
Harris, Augustine, Miller, Petermann, Simonese, Wolitarsky, Neuf, Goosen, Chungh, Couture
JT, Corney, Briggs, Miles, Gauthier, Renaud, Morgan, Loffler, Jones, Rempel, FMB

Internationals:
Adams, Bowman, Dress, Lankford, Thompkins, Byrant
OKP, Roh, Nevis, CJ, Bryant, JC, JSK, Bighill, Fenner, Alexander, Fogg, Gaitor, Randle, Medlock

Reserve:  Foketi, Spooner

IR:  
Lafrance when healthy gets cut or pushes Augustine to PR
Demski slots back in at WR and pushes Woli to PR
Hardrick....does Bryant get dropped?
Flanders   cut him or one of Lang/Thomp
Leggett when healthy pushes Alexander to PR?
Wild when healthy is there still a spot for him?

Are Demski and Hardrick actually injured and headed to IR? If so wouldn't Foketi be moved to AR?

Until we see the IR list on Wednesday it's difficult to account for all the moving pieces.

I'm a little surprised that Renaud and Morgan are still on the roster but possibly better than other choices available.  Releasing Ekakitie opened up a roster spot. I was hoping Branning would make an impression and stick.  FMB was released though so not sure who gets added or not moved to IR?

When Leggett returns he might push Alexander to elsewhere on the roster. Maybe 1 game IR. OTOH the DI's can change week to week depending on who is injured and best combination.

I'm not even sure that Flanders isn't released yet. As much as I like him I'm not sure if their is a role he can fill within the ratio that makes sense. Could be a short term question after we see what Augustine and LaFrance when healthy bring to the table.

Wild is the big question. What the heck is his injury and why aren't we using an import LB as a DI even if not Wild?

I think I WAS gentle with you wasn't I?

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:03:12 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #650 on: June 10, 2018, 03:45:09 PM »

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:37:24 PM by 66 Chevelle » Logged

66 Chevelle

« Reply #651 on: June 10, 2018, 03:51:35 PM »

Blue in BC: I would have deleted that idiotic reply too if I would have been you, lol...

NewBlue

« Reply #652 on: June 10, 2018, 03:52:02 PM »

Do we know for sure FMB was released with no PR?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #653 on: June 10, 2018, 03:52:15 PM »

you can't have people thinking you made a mistake, lol...

Blue In BC

« Reply #654 on: June 10, 2018, 03:55:07 PM »

Oh so close. Renaud is a Canadian and you still missed B Bryant. Other than that looks pretty good.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
NewBlue

« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »

you can't have people thinking you made a mistake, lol...

Chevy...I count 21 Internaionals on your AR?
Blue In BC

« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »

Do we know for sure FMB was released with no PR?

Don't know. It was just a comment in another string made by gbill IIRC. He might be headed to PR.

EDIT: He does now show as released over on CFL.CA
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:05:50 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #657 on: June 10, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »

Chevy...I count 21 Internaionals on your AR?

22 if you count Renaud but we'll have at least one on the 2 man DR so that would be correct.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
RebusRankin

« Reply #658 on: June 10, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »

Teams don't use a DI spot on OL which I believe Chevelle has done with Foketti. Pretty good otherwise though.
kkc60

« Reply #659 on: June 10, 2018, 04:01:28 PM »

Foketi isnt going to be a DI. I think we did that with Devin Tyler years ago but its really the worst way to use a DI spot
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: