Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2021, 05:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 281374 times)
Jesse

« Reply #630 on: June 10, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »

All of our new starters are FA acquisitions. Scouting? We don't need no stinkin' scouting.  Wink

Without looking at this years acquisitions, look at how many of our starters are through our own scouting. You don?t want rookies in your line up. That?s a bad thing.

Alexander, Jeffcoat, Santos-Knox, Johnson, Fogg, etc. We?ve brought them in and have them time on the PR and as back ups and are earning their way into the lineup.

My wife is amazing!
66 Chevelle

« Reply #631 on: June 10, 2018, 02:19:32 PM »

they can't all be superstars, league structure doesn't allow for it... free agency, 1 year contracts, SMS cap, ratio, national pay... you can't keep all of the good ones anyway, it's a revolving door, and has to be in order to stay under cap... only exception are 1st time contract guys and you'll only keep them the 2 yrs before you have to cut them or someone else in order to be able to afford them...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #632 on: June 10, 2018, 02:46:16 PM »

never said it was 'right', just 'mine'... much easier to complete a roster with your style of commitment...

Even yours should have the understanding of player's nationality. You didn't take into account all of the players still on the roster or the cumulative ratio.

So everyone is entitled to their own opinion of how that breaks down but you still have to account with ratio and players remaining. Some understanding of the DR and how teams assemble rosters is useful.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:50:09 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #633 on: June 10, 2018, 02:51:45 PM »

Without looking at this years acquisitions, look at how many of our starters are through our own scouting. You don?t want rookies in your line up. That?s a bad thing.

Alexander, Jeffcoat, Santos-Knox, Johnson, Fogg, etc. We?ve brought them in and have them time on the PR and as back ups and are earning their way into the lineup.

I would have expected 2 import rookies to win roster spots on the 44 AR in a given season.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #634 on: June 10, 2018, 02:59:15 PM »

Even yours should have the understanding of player's nationality. You didn't take into account all of the players still on the roster or the cumulative ratio.

So everyone is entitled to their own opinion of how that breaks down but you still have to account with ratio and players remaining. Some understanding of the DR and how teams assemble rosters is useful.

I have 21 nationals, 20 imports, 3 QBs, 4 on the DI, and 2 on reserve, less than 11 on the PR, and 6 on the IR... and yes I made a mistake on one of my DI positions... sue me.. at least I'm making an effort to contribute content other than 'you're wrong'...  and like I said, it's a lot easier to complete when your vision only includes maybes, would, could, should have, etc...

and, being wrong from time to time is part of the learning process... I have absolutely no problem with that or putting myself out there...

Blue In BC

« Reply #635 on: June 10, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »

Injuries: Ok we're speculating which players are going onto IR based on best reports available. It seems we're on the same page for most of the walking wounded.

Waiting to see whether some like Neufeld and Hardrick practice this week or are 1 game IR candidates? If so that shifts the DR guys back on the AR ( Spooner and Foketi ) as the guesses.

Really disappointed that Leggett appears headed to the IR and concerned it might be a 6 game IR.

Can't understand the Wild situation at all. What was his injury in TC and how long will he be gone?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #636 on: June 10, 2018, 03:04:02 PM »

Won't work with the ratio. Where would you start another Canadian to get him on the roster starting?
Could use Jake Thomas as a starting DT and rotate him with Poop.
If you have to maintain the ratio in game, Poop comes in Corney comes in Roh goes out?

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Blue In BC

« Reply #637 on: June 10, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »

I have 21 nationals, 20 imports, 3 QBs, 4 on the DI, and 2 on reserve, less than 11 on the PR, and 6 on the IR... and yes I made a mistake on one of my DI positions... sue me.. at least I'm making an effort to contribute content other than 'you're wrong'...  and like I said, it's a lot easier to complete when your vision only includes maybes, would, could, should have, etc...

and, being wrong from time to time is part of the learning process... I have absolutely no problem with that or putting myself out there...

You didn't account for Foketi except mentioning he'd be standing on the sidelines. He's an import that needed to be accounted for and you failed to actually do so. Either he's on the 46 AR, IR or released.

You've called Bighill, Baghill a couple of times now IIRC.

You didn't account for B. Bryant in any way.

So learning curve aside you we're wrong oh sensitive one.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:08:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #638 on: June 10, 2018, 03:08:43 PM »

I have defensive starters as: Loeffler, Fogg, Alexander, Randel, Fenner, Gaitor, Santos-Knox, Baghill, Jeffcoat, Opo, Nevis, Johnson

offensive starters: Ross, Bryant, Neufield, Gossssen, Chungh, Hardrick, Adams, Dressler, Bowman, Demski, Petermann, Harris

DI: Medlock, Rempel, Roh, Lankford, Foketi

Reserve: Thompkins, Renaud

Injured: Nichols, Leggett, Flanders, Menard-Briere, Wild, LaFrance

To maintain ratio this is about all I could see happening. Besides QBs the only other I have zero imports standing on the sidelines will be Foketi

National players in bold...

fixed it...

disclaimer: it may, and probably is, still wrong

66 Chevelle

« Reply #639 on: June 10, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »

You didn't account for Foketi except mentioning he'd be standing on the sidelines. He's an import that needed to be accounted for and you failed to actually do so. Either he's on the 46 AR, IR or released.

You've called Bighill, Baghill a couple of times now IIRC.

You didn't account for B. Bryant in any way.

So learning curve aside you we're wrong oh sensitive one.

mine looks a lot more correct than your submission...oh that's right, you didn't put one out there...

Jesse

« Reply #640 on: June 10, 2018, 03:12:47 PM »

I would have expected 2 import rookies to win roster spots on the 44 AR in a given season.

We?ll see how it shakes out, but right now don?t we have Bryant, Streveler, and Thompkins on the AR?

My wife is amazing!
Blue In BC

« Reply #641 on: June 10, 2018, 03:12:59 PM »

fixed it...

disclaimer: it may, and probably is, still wrong

Yep. Still wrong. Foketi is the least likely to be a DI. Poor use of the DI position for an import OL. Not what we've used a DI for that I can ever recall.

If Lankford is a DI than I think B. Bryant a most probable player. After cutting Ekakitie we might want another DT for the rotation and injury.

All of this assumes we don't re-add a DB or LB from the PR this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #642 on: June 10, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »

Yep. Still wrong. Foketi is the least likely to be a DI. Poor use of the DI position for an import OL. Not what we've used a DI for that I can ever recall.

If Lankford is a DI than I think B. Bryant a most probable player. After cutting Ekakitie we might want another DT for the rotation and injury.

All of this assumes we don't re-add a DB or LB from the PR this week.

like I said, more correct than your submission... still got that toaster oven over in the corner for ya if you're interested, lol...

Blue In BC

« Reply #643 on: June 10, 2018, 03:17:49 PM »

We?ll see how it shakes out, but right now don?t we have Bryant, Streveler, and Thompkins on the AR?

Yes but we also have 7 extra players right now. QB's are sort of a revolving door for the past few years. Streveler is certainly a rookie but we cut all our back ups. In a sense he didn't beat out a veteran and I'm not sure if he's # 1 or # 3 at the moment.  I was referring more to starters having beaten out veterans.

B.Bryant might actually make the 44 AR partially due to cutting Ekakitie and needing more depth at DT. OTOH that would give us 2 DI's on the DL and none at DB and LB.

That's where I'm struggling trying to figure out what happens this week as players are shuffled to IR or PR and back to AR possibilities.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:21:26 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #644 on: June 10, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »

mine looks a lot more correct than your submission...oh that's right, you didn't put one out there...

And your roster has 30 players on it and still couldn't resolve all the imports. Go figure. I clarified what was wrong with that list of 30. In case you forgot the entire AR is 46 players. The IR is limitless.

I've got a toaster oven. So another error. Make that an espresso machine please.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:25:36 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: