Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2021, 08:02:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292131 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #555 on: June 01, 2018, 09:41:31 PM »

Russ Hobson   @russ_sportsguy  2 hours ago
#Bombers make 3 changes to final roster adding three @WinnipegRifles...Rec. Brendan Naujoks, DL Hayden Ellis, and DB Andrew Ricard. Roster now stands at 73 players.

Were these guys in TC and just getting a chance to play in a CFL game? Not quite sure of why the late add though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 11:53:47 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
towelie

« Reply #556 on: June 02, 2018, 07:07:26 AM »

this I don't get....why....never gonna make it, and just takes valuable reps away from someone who could do something that makes a difference in being cut, or making it in some regard...

PR has to be worth something, in terms of "recruiting home grown talent" and growing the younger uni followers. But still I agree with your point.

PS: Sad to miss camp this year Booch. Your reports have been much appreciated. Hopefully i'll be back out there again next year
NewBlue

« Reply #557 on: June 02, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »

Haven't seen anyone talking about the young Canadian kicker (Felix Menard Briere).  I remember he did real well in camp last year to the point we kept him for a bit before he went back to college.  I also remember other teams sniffing around trying to aquire him.  Yesterday on the radio the guys were saying he even had an NFL guy looking at him.  Punting is his strength, but he's doing good so far on PK too.  If we need to cut salary, or replace an injured Canadian starter does FMB play over Medlock??  Crazy to think, but can we PR him without losing him?  Can he go back to college?
Blue In BC

« Reply #558 on: June 02, 2018, 01:46:43 PM »

Haven't seen anyone talking about the young Canadian kicker (Felix Menard Briere).  I remember he did real well in camp last year to the point we kept him for a bit before he went back to college.  I also remember other teams sniffing around trying to aquire him.  Yesterday on the radio the guys were saying he even had an NFL guy looking at him.  Punting is his strength, but he's doing good so far on PK too.  If we need to cut salary, or replace an injured Canadian starter does FMB play over Medlock??  Crazy to think, but can we PR him without losing him?  Can he go back to college?

If he can't go back to school maybe they 1 game IR him with his ELC. He may be the longer term future for the team.

Do we end up putting him on the 44 AR as the punter potentially. He seems to have a very strong leg. Is he a good directional kicker?

Keeping him on the PR might be a bit risky and he might not even accept a PR.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:07:35 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Nic16

« Reply #559 on: June 02, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »

Paying FMB his full ?AR? salary while on the PR to keep him around Medlock all year would be money very well spent!
Blue In BC

« Reply #560 on: June 02, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »

Paying FMB his full ?AR? salary while on the PR to keep him around Medlock all year would be money very well spent!

Then you may as well put him on the 1 game IR. He can practice and he remains a Bomber. No need to PR him then.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Tiger

« Reply #561 on: June 02, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »

Medlock will retire soon - we need to keep the kid if he is good.  I?m not sure one way or the other.  I?ll leave that to the coaches.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Pigskin

« Reply #562 on: June 02, 2018, 03:25:06 PM »

Our young National kicker has a little work to do but could come in if needed. If he sticks with the bombers he will probably start next year.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Jesse

« Reply #563 on: June 02, 2018, 03:30:59 PM »

Our young National kicker has a little work to do but could come in if needed. If he sticks with the bombers he will probably start next year.

I wasn?t too impressed with him, but it?d be nice to keep him around Medlock for a year and see what happens.

My wife is amazing!
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #564 on: June 02, 2018, 04:08:51 PM »

Medlock will retire soon - we need to keep the kid if he is good.  I?m not sure one way or the other.  I?ll leave that to the coaches.
random stat, Medlock has attempted  138 FG's in 2 years as a Bomber kicker, the previous 3 years of his CFL career he attempted 152.

Some kickers are capable of playing till they are 40+ yrs old. Medlock will be 35 before the end of the season and has hinted at retirement after each of the last 2 seasons. That may only be because the seasons didn't have the outcome he expected. We could potentially have him for 1 last season or up to 5 more seasons, I pray he wants to play up to 5 more years as long as he can kick at the 80-89% range he should play as long as he can.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
dd

« Reply #565 on: June 02, 2018, 04:16:31 PM »

Agree, age sn't as important a number as productivity, couldn't care how old our kicker is as long as he's making he s making his kicks
Blue In BC

« Reply #566 on: June 02, 2018, 05:10:17 PM »

random stat, Medlock has attempted  138 FG's in 2 years as a Bomber kicker, the previous 3 years of his CFL career he attempted 152.

Some kickers are capable of playing till they are 40+ yrs old. Medlock will be 35 before the end of the season and has hinted at retirement after each of the last 2 seasons. That may only be because the seasons didn't have the outcome he expected. We could potentially have him for 1 last season or up to 5 more seasons, I pray he wants to play up to 5 more years as long as he can kick at the 80-89% range he should play as long as he can.

It's more to do with the SMS hit, the ratio and whether Medlock actually wishes to continue playing. IIRC he gave some thought to retiring this off season. He's also on a 1 year deal isn't he? So nothing is guaranteed. Doesn't hurt to have a plan B on the roster when you can.

Some posters suggested this may have been a negotiating tactic but he is well paid so I'm not sure that's the case.

In any case we'll see what happens with the youngster regardless of whether Medlock plays 1 year or 5.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Horseman

« Reply #567 on: June 02, 2018, 05:18:07 PM »

Were these guys in TC and just getting a chance to play in a CFL game? Not quite sure of why the late add though.

Junior players are exempt and have been at TC from the start. They are there for the experience and will be sent back to junior. Getting to play in a CFL game is basically their 15 minutes of fame.
theaardvark

« Reply #568 on: June 02, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »

FMB should stick with the team as P this year, and let Medlock concentrate on K...  will take a load off Medlock, and get FMB some needed mentoring / seasoning time...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #569 on: June 02, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »

FMB should stick with the team as P this year, and let Medlock concentrate on K...  will take a load off Medlock, and get FMB some needed mentoring / seasoning time...

Are you going to claw back some of Medlock's salary if he isn't punting? I say let Medlock do everything as rostering FMB would mean removing a receiver,7th olineman or linebacker type special teamer.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: