Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2021, 03:50:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 280338 times)
floyd

« Reply #510 on: May 30, 2018, 02:50:12 PM »

I actually think we are really strong on the Oline.

Where is weak is back up QB right now!

I'm an Alex Ross fan...  feel like we're in a better position without Durant tbh

Only teams 'set' with QB tandems are Edm and Toronto - everyone else has big question marks either about their backup or their starter
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

I'm an Alex Ross fan...  feel like we're in a better position without Durant tbh

Only teams 'set' with QB tandems are Edm and Toronto - everyone else has big question marks either about their backup or their starter

Very true and I hope your right for Ross. I hope he is a capable ?manager? at the least.

Secondary as a whole is unproven. Strong talent on paper though.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »

I'm actually excited to see if we can develop Streveler!

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
booch

« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

I think Streveler is in a perfect spot to develop...He isn't/doesn't need to be pressed into 2nd string duty before he is ready as I am more than comfortable with Ross there for an in game option, or possibly a start...and Streveler can run the 3rd down gamle stuff and learn as he goes and push for 2nd string next year, then in yr 3 maybe push Nichols for number 1
theaardvark

« Reply #514 on: May 30, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »

We may have "unproven" QB depth, but there is no doubt that we have talent there.  Whether they develop, who knows.  But the potential is definitely there. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gbill2004

« Reply #515 on: May 30, 2018, 04:05:01 PM »

Based on what I've seen in camp, I think Ross is a guy we could win some games with if Nichols were to go down.  I've observed Ross progressing as camp moves along.  The biggest thing I like about him is he seems to have a good understating of the offense and makes good, quick decisions.  Now doing that in a game is another story...
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #516 on: May 30, 2018, 04:07:27 PM »

We may have "unproven" QB depth, but there is no doubt that we have talent there.  Whether they develop, who knows.  But the potential is definitely there. 

That is true for every QB prospect we've ever brought in for as long as I can remember. Depth is really only depth if the person coming in can deliver. If they can't, you don't have depth you just have ineffective backups. I am not trying to criticize Walters or anyone else for the situation we're in at QB, but the reality is if our "unproven QB depth" has to play a lot of football this year, we are probably screwed and definitely hoping for a miracle that probably won't materialize.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #517 on: May 30, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

Based on what I've seen in camp, I think Ross is a guy we could win some games with if Nichols were to go down.  I've observed Ross progressing as camp moves along.  The biggest thing I like about him is he seems to have a good understating of the offense and makes good, quick decisions.  Now doing that in a game is another story...
I'm more interested in the return of Bennett, he's had a couple of years, a couple of training camps and plenty of time off to advance his understanding of the CFL game, hopefully he's healthy enough to participate in the exhibition games.
gbill2004

« Reply #518 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »

I'm more interested in the return of Bennett, he's had a couple of years, a couple of training camps and plenty of time off to advance his understanding of the CFL game, hopefully he's healthy enough to participate in the exhibition games.
I doubt it.  Every practice I've gone to, he is there, but not even wearing a jersey. 
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #519 on: May 30, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »

DD is loser and we found that out for free.  Development of QBs is always better than caring for the old and fragile vets.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
kkc60

« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2018, 08:55:20 PM »

DD is loser and we found that out for free.  Development of QBs is always better than caring for the old and fragile vets.
That's if the QBs develop of course
Tehedra

« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2018, 09:15:20 PM »

That is true for every QB prospect we've ever brought in for as long as I can remember. Depth is really only depth if the person coming in can deliver. If they can't, you don't have depth you just have ineffective backups. I am not trying to criticize Walters or anyone else for the situation we're in at QB, but the reality is if our "unproven QB depth" has to play a lot of football this year, we are probably screwed and definitely hoping for a miracle that probably won't materialize.

I mean, most teams if they had to rely on their QB backup for a period of time are going to be just hoping for a wish and a prayer.  Fortunately, you only need to not get last place in the east to move on to the playoffs; or not get second last place in the west.  So I'd say as long as we only have injuries during the season and not during playoff time we should be okay
theaardvark

« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »

You mean we found that out for $70k... Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #523 on: May 31, 2018, 05:35:24 AM »

Yeah durantnis such a loser, he's. Got no money.  If he took it and gave it toa charity, then he could use the argument players are denied signing bonuses all the time.  So this was a revenge move against the establishment.  But we never did anything to him. ....Even threw him a golden opportunity to pretend he still could play QB and he does that!   Dip stick!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #524 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:53 PM »

Yeah durantnis such a loser, he's. Got no money.  If he took it and gave it toa charity, then he could use the argument players are denied signing bonuses all the time.  So this was a revenge move against the establishment.  But we never did anything to him. ....Even threw him a golden opportunity to pretend he still could play QB and he does that!   Dip stick!

He probably realized he is a fat pig and was out of shape so he just retired.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: