Blue Bombers Forum
December 04, 2021, 04:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292928 times)
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #495 on: May 28, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »

Is B. Blazko no longer on the team?

No place for him here.

We got lots of NAT receivers in camp - Demski, Wolitarsky, Simonise, Petermann, Henry, Thera-Plamondon - in all accounts these group is good.
And we may cut 1 or 2 of them.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #496 on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:28 AM »

May 28th:
Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming   23 hours ago

#Bombers have released International running back Jhurell Pressley.
https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/1001098111576489984

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #497 on: May 29, 2018, 11:41:12 AM »

In what may be just a paper move, the CFL transaction page shows Mohammed Seisay was transferred to retired on May 26th.

May 26   WPG TRF TO  RETIRED INT Mohammed SEISAY (DB)    Nebraska

BomberPride

« Reply #498 on: May 29, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »

In what may be just a paper move, the CFL transaction page shows Mohammed Seisay was transferred to retired on May 26th.

May 26   WPG TRF TO  RETIRED INT Mohammed SEISAY (DB)    Nebraska

Really??

Wasn't he impressing in TC?

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #499 on: May 29, 2018, 12:03:45 PM »

Really??

Wasn't he impressing in TC?
You may be thinking of Sayles. But I believe Seisay is still at camp but was injured for a few days.

Blue In BC

« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2018, 04:58:54 PM »

May 26   WPG TRF TO  RETIRED INT Mohammed SEISAY (DB)    Nebraska

Has to more than a paper move because he can't practice if he's retired. Might be a nick that prevents him from practicing. If it takes too long to recover chances are his chances of making the roster evaporate.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #501 on: May 29, 2018, 05:20:53 PM »

he got hurt on the blocking drill to the bag....kick cover blocking...I seen it happen and looked to be a knee..or hip...at first thought I thought he may have blown out his knee, and too bad as he was impressive
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #502 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:15 PM »

Has to more than a paper move because he can't practice if he's retired. Might be a nick that prevents him from practicing. If it takes too long to recover chances are his chances of making the roster evaporate.

Sounds like a permanent parting to me, whoever came back from the Retired List?  if they just wanted to shuffle him for the short-term I think they would have used the Suspended List first.
Blue In BC

« Reply #503 on: May 30, 2018, 01:03:27 AM »

Sounds like a permanent parting to me, whoever came back from the Retired List?  if they just wanted to shuffle him for the short-term I think they would have used the Suspended List first.

Why wouldn't they just release him outright then? They retain his rights on the retired list but that removes him off the current roster. Once you arrive at TC can they suspend you for an injury? That may be the difference.

No idea what the injury was or whether he'll be back. Can't recall so many players " retiring " during TC!!!

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #504 on: May 30, 2018, 05:30:48 AM »

Why wouldn't they just release him outright then? They retain his rights on the retired list but that removes him off the current roster. Once you arrive at TC can they suspend you for an injury? That may be the difference.

No idea what the injury was or whether he'll be back. Can't recall so many players " retiring " during TC!!!

Yah, I have no clue why all the machinations this year, maybe O'Shea spent the off-season scouring the rule book for roster loopholes.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #505 on: May 30, 2018, 11:47:33 AM »

Yah, I have no clue why all the machinations this year, maybe O'Shea spent the off-season scouring the rule book for roster loopholes.

This "retirement" fad is not exclusive to the Bombers though, it's CFL-wide.
Blue In BC

« Reply #506 on: May 30, 2018, 01:55:38 PM »

This "retirement" fad is not exclusive to the Bombers though, it's CFL-wide.

Except that the Bombers seem to be having rookies retiring while other teams have veterans retiring. That's the unusual part. OTOH none of those Bombers that have retired have returned.

So again. Zero idea why this is happening. Not concerned just curious if any eventually return after recovering from some injury.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
floyd

« Reply #507 on: May 30, 2018, 02:25:03 PM »

So good to see the depth at linebacker this year...  even before Bighill was signed

Can receiver looks good too... everything looks good

Nice to have Thomas/Ekakitie if we need to flip the ratio due to injuries

Weakest spot is maybe OL - only because Couture and Spooner are not 'clearly' proven but sounds like either of them can step up if we need
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #508 on: May 30, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »

So good to see the depth at linebacker this year...  even before Bighill was signed

Can receiver looks good too... everything looks good

Nice to have Thomas/Ekakitie if we need to flip the ratio due to injuries

Weakest spot is maybe OL - only because Couture and Spooner are not 'clearly' proven but sounds like either of them can step up if we need

I actually think we are really strong on the Oline.

Where is weak is back up QB right now!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #509 on: May 30, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »

I actually think we are really strong on the Oline.

Where is weak is back up QB right now!

I love the fact that our "weakness" is in a position that hopefully never gets a chance to see the field....

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: