Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2021, 02:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 281258 times)
booch

« Reply #450 on: May 15, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »

it resets each round...so if you didn't win...you can use that pick on the next guy
theaardvark

« Reply #451 on: May 15, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »

but, if you don't win a player you don't lose the draft pick, you just can't use that same pick to bid on the next player, right... say the first guy comes up and I bid my 4th round pick, and lose... I keep my 4th round pick to use in the draft but I can't bid my 4th round pick again for guy #2, correct?

Yes, but if you had to submit sealed bids, you logically couldn't..  unless they did sealed bids on each player, one at a time... which then becomes logistically a nightmare...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #452 on: May 15, 2018, 07:30:11 PM »

You are taking the words sealed bid far too literally. It just means that you are not informed about what other teams have bid....and it is how it used to be done. I remember some gnashing of teeth by other GMs because a player went cheaper than they thought and if they had known they would have bid higher. Probably why they changed it.

Yup that's what I remember too. Bidding team doesn't know what the previous teams' bid.
theaardvark

« Reply #453 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »

https://www.cfl.ca/2015/05/19/prospects-up-for-grabs-in-cfl-supplemental-draft/

The guidelines for the supplemental draft are as follows:

Clubs who wish to participate in the Supplemental Draft will be contacted on an individual basis and will be asked to submit their draft selections by order of waiver priority (each Club will be advised of the preceding Club?s bid). For example, Calgary will start the draft with the chance to offer a seventh round pick in the 2016 CFL Draft and move upwards through waiver priority.

The team willing to forfeit the highest original pick in the 2016 draft will get the player, while the process will repeat for the second player in the draft.

Yup that's what I remember too. Bidding team doesn't know what the previous teams' bid.

This is from the noted CFL.CA article in 2015...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #454 on: May 16, 2018, 11:40:29 AM »

May 15, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the signing of International defensive back Chris Humes and International offensive lineman Na'Ty Rodgers.

The club has also released international defensive back Earl Wolff.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/15/bombers-add-two-release-one-2/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #455 on: May 16, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »

Ed Tait  @EdTaitWFC  17 hours ago

https://twitter.com/EdTaitWFC/status/996476281071038464

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #456 on: May 16, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming  20 hours ago
The #Bombers have released National receiver Brett Blaszko. This leaves seven Canadian pass-catchers to battle for a roster spot.

Absent from the #Bombers' camp roster is receiver Chris Givens. The former NFLer made four starts for Winnipeg last year, including the West Semifinal, but he failed to report to minicamp last month and is not expected to come back anytime soon.

It is likely the #Bombers will suspend Givens on Saturday when they are officially able to. We will see what Mike O'Shea has to say about it tomorrow.

GCn19

« Reply #457 on: May 16, 2018, 12:29:11 PM »

but, if you don't win a player you don't lose the draft pick, you just can't use that same pick to bid on the next player, right... say the first guy comes up and I bid my 4th round pick, and lose... I keep my 4th round pick to use in the draft but I can't bid my 4th round pick again for guy #2, correct?

You can bid it again.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #458 on: May 16, 2018, 12:30:34 PM »

Yes, but if you had to submit sealed bids, you logically couldn't..  unless they did sealed bids on each player, one at a time... which then becomes logistically a nightmare...

Sealed bids just means that you place your bid without knowing what other teams have bid. It's not a hand delivered envelope Aards. Good lord...it's the year 2018....you can have separate sealed bids within a matter of moments over the phone or internet.

GCn19

« Reply #459 on: May 16, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming  20 hours ago
The #Bombers have released National receiver Brett Blaszko. This leaves seven Canadian pass-catchers to battle for a roster spot.

Absent from the #Bombers' camp roster is receiver Chris Givens. The former NFLer made four starts for Winnipeg last year, including the West Semifinal, but he failed to report to minicamp last month and is not expected to come back anytime soon.

It is likely the #Bombers will suspend Givens on Saturday when they are officially able to. We will see what Mike O'Shea has to say about it tomorrow.

Kinda figured that Givens wouldn't be back. Thought we would release him actually, but this works out about the same.

Blue In BC

« Reply #460 on: May 16, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »

Kinda figured that Givens wouldn't be back. Thought we would release him actually, but this works out about the same.

No surprise about either particularly Givens. Still surprised Lankford is still here.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #461 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »

No surprise about either particularly Givens. Still surprised Lankford is still here.

Despite the abuse Lankford takes on these boards he is still one of the top kick returners in the league and one of it's fastest players.  He will be cut when another player surpasses him in ability, or he becomes a victim of ratio manipulation.
Blue In BC

« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2018, 02:43:53 PM »

Despite the abuse Lankford takes on these boards he is still one of the top kick returners in the league and one of it's fastest players.  He will be cut when another player surpasses him in ability, or he becomes a victim of ratio manipulation.

That's laughable. Aside from the big issue of ratio as it relates to our DI's  we've got an army of receivers and DB's that may take both his place and Fogg's.

Lankford will have to show giant progress as a receiver IMO to have any chance.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:48:04 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #463 on: May 16, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »

Two more DB's eliminated from contention, could it be they flunked their medical?

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming 14m14 minutes ago

Winnipeg has transferred International defensive back Travis Howard to the retired list and released International defensive back Ezra Robinson. #Bombers
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #464 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14:24 PM »

Interesting to see what Johnny Augustine can contribute, I think Wpg. is his third stop.

WPG Blue Bombers

@Wpg_BlueBombers

The team has added running back Jhurell Pressley, receiver Brisly Estime, defensive back Mohammed Seisay and national running back Johnny Augustine.
📝 | http://ow.ly/EuHL30k21J4
9:31 AM - May 16, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: