Blue Bombers Forum
November 29, 2021, 03:49:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 291444 times)
GCn19

« Reply #420 on: May 15, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »

He'd be a monumental addition on defense.

With the remainder of Durant's salary off the books now we may be able to squeeze him in. That would sure shut the Rider fans up...lol

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »

I don't believe you can use a traded pick for the supplemental draft. It works in reverse order of the draft and the highest bid takes the player. We can bid our #1 pick and the teams below us in this years draft bid after us so their first rounders are worth more than ours. I don't think we have much of a chance as a NI tackle with NFL experience will be on most teams wish list.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:55 PM »

I don't believe you can use a traded pick for the supplemental draft. It works in reverse order of the draft and the highest bid takes the player. We can bid our #1 pick and the teams below us in this years draft bid after us so their first rounders are worth more than ours. I don't think we have much of a chance as a NI tackle with NFL experience will be on most teams wish list.

Bid our 1st rounder and watch if the other teams picking after us will top our bid.

If they don't, we get the guy.
If one of them do, chances are one (if not two) of our picks will move 1 slot up on next years draft.
GCn19

« Reply #423 on: May 15, 2018, 01:45:30 PM »

Bauming has tweeted that the Bombers have been told they cannot bid the BC pick. Almost a no brainer that we will bid our pick....likely won't be enough depending on how gunshy teams are of the supplemental.

Blue In BC

« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2018, 02:09:58 PM »

Bauming has tweeted that the Bombers have been told they cannot bid the BC pick. Almost a no brainer that we will bid our pick....likely won't be enough depending on how gunshy teams are of the supplemental.

Nobody knows where their # 1 pick will land for 2019? We look to be set for having a great year but at this point our actual pick could land anywhere from # 1 to # 9. That could be better or worse than the Lions pick.

The key issue is that we actually have 2 1st round picks. In that sense it's a lesser gamble than other teams giving up a 1st rounder.

Not sure why we can't bid the Lions pick if we wanted too but I guess that's the rule regarding supplemental draft.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 02:13:03 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Jesse

« Reply #425 on: May 15, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »

That doesn't make any sense to me, but oh well.

My wife is amazing!
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #426 on: May 15, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »

I think we're likely to pass without making a serious bid anyway. If we were comfortable enough with our Canadian depth to trade out of the first round this year, it's not likely that much has changed in two weeks. There will also be OL blue-chip prospects available in next year's draft too. More tempting to use that money on an import even if we have to wait until NFL camp cut downs in September.
GCn19

« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

I think we're likely to pass without making a serious bid anyway. If we were comfortable enough with our Canadian depth to trade out of the first round this year, it's not likely that much has changed in two weeks. There will also be OL blue-chip prospects available in next year's draft too. More tempting to use that money on an import even if we have to wait until NFL camp cut downs in September.

Sometimes a player becomes available that's too good to not take a shot at. Don't know if Johnstone is that guy but I wouldn't rule us out of having interest. He wasn't available when we traded down.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2018, 02:31:39 PM »

Sometimes a player becomes available that's too good to not take a shot at. Don't know if Johnstone is that guy but I wouldn't rule us out of having interest. He wasn't available when we traded down.

I wouldn't rule it out but without knowing him personally I would say it's unlikely for the reasons I stated earlier. If he is a 'can't-miss guy' then we don't have the cards to make that work anyway.
Blue In BC

« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2018, 02:34:45 PM »

I wouldn't rule it out but without knowing him personally I would say it's unlikely for the reasons I stated earlier. If he is a 'can't-miss guy' then we don't have the cards to make that work anyway.

Not sure how many of the OL in the 2018 draft were potential OT's. However the point made is a reasonable one. We drafted other OL this draft and already had Spooner and Speller to contend with on the roster.

Essentially the decision has been made to go with 3 Canadian OL, not 4 for 2018.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #430 on: May 15, 2018, 02:38:04 PM »

Worth considering is, if Gray suddenly becomes available. If the Bombers brass thinks that's a strong possibility, maybe they have allocated a budget for him already. And as Walters mentioned on his last presser, he will not come in cheap.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »

Among 2018 Bombers draft class, only Gendron-Demouchel is not currently signed.
booch

« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »

Doubt we will pass on making a legit effort to draft him.
theaardvark

« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »

Doesn't matter whose pick we bid, Montreal is bidding their #1 overall pick/spot.  We will bid ours, for sure, just to make sure they expend theirs.  Next conversation.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #434 on: May 15, 2018, 03:43:47 PM »

Doesn't matter whose pick we bid, Montreal is bidding their #1 overall pick/spot.  We will bid ours, for sure, just to make sure they expend theirs.  Next conversation.

Whose to say who will bid what? I would think we will big something, whether we are outbid remains to be seen. I would imagine no one expects to have the number one pick next year and will all bid assuming that it will be a late first rounder they are giving up. If that is the case then Montreal, IF they want him, will win the bidding. We won't know until we place our bid.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: