Blue Bombers Forum
October 23, 2021, 03:27:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 281284 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2018, 02:43:44 PM »

DRAFT                           04-May-18

WPG ADD  NAT Jacob FIRLOTTE (DB)    Queen's Round 7, Pick 7, Overall 58

WPG ADD  NAT Arnaud GENDRON-DUMOUCHEL (OL)    Montreal Round 4, Pick 7, Overall 33

WPG ADD  NAT Ben KOCZWARA (OL)    Waterloo Round 8, Pick 7, Overall 67

WPG ADD  NAT Matthew OUELLETTE DE CARLO (OL)    Bishop's Round 6, Pick 6, Overall 49

WPG ADD  NAT Daniel PETERMANN (WR)    McMaster Round 3, Pick 8, Overall 26

WPG ADD  NAT Tyrone PIERRE (WR)    Laval Round 5, Pick 6, Overall 41

WPG ADD  NAT Rashaun SIMONISE (WR)    Calgary Round 2, Pick 3, Overall 12

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

So, I guess they signed their entire draft class in one day... I wonder if any got above the minimum ELC, or signed for more than the 2 year min...  probably not.  None were first rounders or "sure thing" picks...  Simonise has to prove himself.  Petermann might have gotten a little bit extra, they might have given him a taste for a three year commitment...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2018, 03:20:34 PM »

So, I guess they signed their entire draft class in one day... I wonder if any got above the minimum ELC, or signed for more than the 2 year min...  probably not.  None were first rounders or "sure thing" picks...  Simonise has to prove himself.  Petermann might have gotten a little bit extra, they might have given him a taste for a three year commitment...

I think every player drafted across the CFL is shown as " added " over on CFL.CA. I think that's a misrepresentation of actual signings to date.

69 drafted players don't all sign on day 1. None are listed on our roster yet either. Regardless we'll get that handled as TC approaches.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:34:09 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2018, 03:27:10 PM »

I think very player drafted across the CFL is shown as " added " over on CFL.CA. I think that's a misrepresentation of actual signings to date.

69 drafted players don't all sign on day 1. None are listed on our roster yet either. Regardless we'll get that handled as TC approaches.

you're right, from what I've read anyway... all are 'added' and invited to camp, from there contracts will be determined and signed if applicable...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »

May 10, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have added international receiver international wide receiver Donteea Dye, International defensive lineman Brandin Bryant and 2018 CFL Draft picks Matthew Ouellet De Carlo (OL), Jacob Firlotte (DB) Ben Koczwara (OL).

The team has also released International quarterback Philip Nelson.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/10/bombers-add-five-release-one/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2018, 11:19:28 AM »

Darian Durant retires:

I Have Decided to Retire from Football
May 11, 2018

To the CFL, my former teammates, coaches, and to all the guys I;ve battled against over the past 12 years: I just want to say thank you.  Thank you for helping me develop into the man I am today. So many life lessons have been learnt throughout this football journey. With that being said, I have decided to retire from football.

I have some opportunities away from the field that will allow me to transition smoothly into the next stage of my life.  I also became a father earlier this year and I being able to see my daughter grow up day-by-day has played a big part in this decision.

Last but not least, to my fans in Ridernation:  If you cut me open, I am sure that I would bleed green.  Saskatchewan and Regina will always be home.  I always strived to be a Rider legend, and I am honoured to be spoken of in the company of George, Ron, Roger & Gene!   I named my daughter Amayah Taylor, after Taylor Field.  It meant so much to me to be able to play in the last game at old Mosaic Stadium.  It's also very fitting to me that I played the last game of career in Regina last fall, and was able to see and hear the fans one last time from the playing field. I look forward to one day showing my family around Regina, and showing my daughter where her father won a championship in front of Ridernation on Taylor Field.

I hope to return and visit Saskatchewan sometime soon, and am working on launching a foundation to help raise funds and give back to the community that has given me so much.

Love you always,
Darian

www.dariandurant.com

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Statement on Darian Durant

WINNIPEG, MB., May 11, 2018 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers General Manager Kyle Walters issues the following statement on Darian Durant:

We were informed prior to the start of our mini-camp that Darian Durant, along with his family, was reconsidering continuing his career. Given the magnitude of this decision, we asked him to take the time to thoroughly consider his options and inform us of his decision.

Ultimately, Darian has not informed the team of his decision, but we were notified through social media this morning that he has decided to retire from professional football. While we respect his decision, we are of course are extremely disappointed. Until recently, Darian had given us every indication that he was accepting of his role as a backup and prepared to help our offense in any capacity possible. We recognize this has been a challenging and difficult process for Darian, and the uncertainty has been challenging from our perspective as well. We will move forward with the quarterbacks we currently have on our roster.

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton   May 11
Dariant Durant received a $70K signing bonus. The #Bombers have asked for it back and Durant has said no. #wfp
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:31:22 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »

May 11, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed National quarterback Zack Mahoney, and the team's 12th overall selection in last week's CFL Draft, receiver Rashaun Simonise.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/11/bombers-sign-canadian-qb-12th-overall-selection/

Jeff Hamilton  @jeffkhamilton   May 11
The #Bombers have signed WR Rashaun Simonise, the 12th overall pick in the 2018 CFL Draft, to a three-year deal. #wfp

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »

May 11, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed National quarterback Zack Mahoney, and the team's 12th overall selection in last week's CFL Draft, receiver Rashaun Simonise.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/11/bombers-sign-canadian-qb-12th-overall-selection/

Jeff Hamilton  @jeffkhamilton   May 11
The #Bombers have signed WR Rashaun Simonise, the 12th overall pick in the 2018 CFL Draft, to a three-year deal. #wfp

Interesting, signing for 3 years he's showing some commitment to the CFL.
theaardvark

« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »

Interesting, signing for 3 years he's showing some commitment to the CFL.

3 years gives the team control, and usually they will give the player more money in consideration for that...

Win/win...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #413 on: May 15, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »

May 14, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed national receiver Tyrone Pierre and international defensive back Tharold Simon.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/14/bombers-add-two-roster-3/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #414 on: May 15, 2018, 11:15:04 AM »

May 14, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the signing of National kicker Felix Mernard-Briere and national receiver Daniel Petermann.

The club has also released national receiver Matt Coates.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/14/bombers-add-two/

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton    May 14
Looks like Matt Coates broken foot wasn't close to healing as the #Bombers have decided to release him. The #Bombers WR injured his foot during an off-season workout. He was expected to start this year as Winnipeg opts to go with 2 Canadian receivers. #wfp
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:58:49 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #415 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »

Adam Bighill has been released by the Saints. If he does not go to their PR and cannot find another NFL job he would look pretty good in Blue and Gold.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #416 on: May 15, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »

Tyler Johnston, a blue chip OT prospect has just been made available for a supplemental draft. Spent some time in the NFL and is a sure fire first rounder. I would not be opposed to Walters bidding one of our first rounders next year for him. Perhaps, this is why Walters traded down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:08:14 PM by GCn17 » Logged

kkc60

« Reply #417 on: May 15, 2018, 12:25:22 PM »

Tyler Johnston, a blue chip OT prospect has just been made available for a supplemental draft. Spent some time in the NFL and is a sure fire first rounder. I would not be opposed to Walters bidding one of our first rounders next year for him. Perhaps, this is why Walters traded down.
I am sure we throw a 1st into the ring. Sadly it has to be ours, not BC's I believe. I cant see a scenario where Hamilton or Sask doesn't throw their first rounder in too, both of which are ranked higher than our first
GCn19

« Reply #418 on: May 15, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »

I am sure we throw a 1st into the ring. Sadly it has to be ours, not BC's I believe. I cant see a scenario where Hamilton or Sask doesn't throw their first rounder in too, both of which are ranked higher than our first

If we own the pick, we can bid the pick. That being said, I would imagine that Montreal or Hamilton are likely to bid their picks. We didn't just buy BCs first round pick we also bought their first round supplemental rights.

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »

Adam Bighill has been released by the Saints. If he does not go to their PR and cannot find another NFL job he would look pretty good in Blue and Gold.

He'd be a monumental addition on defense.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: