Blue Bombers Forum
December 03, 2021, 07:08:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292569 times)
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #180 on: December 28, 2017, 01:23:47 PM »

If we can get Westerman back we will. It doesn't matter what other changes are made to the NAT lineup.

Exactly. He's a top DE in the league, a NAT, and a key veteran leader on top of it. You try and keep a player like that. I hope the Bombers do.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
theaardvark

« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »

Exactly. He's a top DE in the league, a NAT, and a key veteran leader on top of it. You try and keep a player like that. I hope the Bombers do.

He is a top DE, yes.  He's coming off a muscle injury.  He's 33.  He takes a LOT of penalties.  And he is going to eat up a huge chunk of SMS.

Yes, I'd love him back. 

But I can't see how we can afford him.  Reed will offer him the moon.  His brother has already told him, I'd bet. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2017, 12:04:46 PM »

December 28, 2017 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has re-signed International defensive tackle Drake Nevis to a one-year contract. Nevis was set to become a free agent in February.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/12/28/bombers-re-sign-defensive-tackle-drake-nevis/

GCn19

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:14 PM »

He is a top DE, yes.  He's coming off a muscle injury.  He's 33.  He takes a LOT of penalties.  And he is going to eat up a huge chunk of SMS.

Yes, I'd love him back. 

But I can't see how we can afford him.  Reed will offer him the moon.  His brother has already told him, I'd bet. 

He will eat up a large chunk of SMS....and is totally worth every penny for what he provides. Walters will pinch his pennies elsewhere, or at least he should. Trying to save SMS by jettisoning all star calibre NATs is how you become Taman's Riders circa 2015.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:16:49 PM by GCn17 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »

Yes, I'd love him back. 

Possibly. But Reed only listen to Mack. Tongue
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2017, 12:20:11 PM »

December 29, 2017 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International defensive backs Travis Howard and Sam Brown, and International defensive tackle Daniel Awoleke.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/12/29/bombers-add-three-roster-4/

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2018, 03:47:28 PM »

Hi Bombers, any re-signings yet?
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2018, 11:21:59 PM »

January 9, 2018 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has re-signed International linebacker Ian Wild to a one-year contract. Wild was set to become a free agent in February.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/01/08/bombers-re-sign-linebacker-ian-wild/

dd

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »

Yes, I'd love him back. 

You're right, my money says he signs with the Als as well. They don't have $400k tied up in their starting Qb, so have alot more room to offer Westerman a fat payday, and I think he gets it here. Hoping he stays with us, but as every day passes, I doubt it.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:16 AM »

Hi Bombers, any re-signings yet?

Ed Tait‏  @EdTaitWFC
The #Bombers have now signed 10 prospective free agents: Stanley Bryant, Weston Dressler, Manase Foketi, Justin Medlock, Drake Nevis, Derek Jones, Jermarcus Hardrick, Pat Neufeld, Timothy Flanders and Ian Wild.

Ed Tait‏  @EdTaitWFC
Remaining un-signed #Bombers free agents include: Travis Bond, Clarence Denmark, Julian Feoli-Gudino, Kevin Fogg, T.J. Heath, Sam Hurl, Kyle Knox, Dan LeFevour, Maurice Leggett, Chris Normand, Chris Randle, Jake Thomas and Jamaal Westerman.

Pigskin

« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »

Out of the list my wish is for: Westerman, Thomas, Randle, Leggett, Heath, Normand, Fogg.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #191 on: January 09, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »

Remaining un-signed #Bombers free agents include:

SMS/Ratio Casualties
Travis Bond,
Clarence Denmark,

Training camp competion
Julian Feoli-Gudino,
Kyle Knox,
Dan LeFevour,

ST, at ST/backup pay

Kevin Fogg,
Sam Hurl,
Chris Normand,

Must signs
T.J. Heath,
Maurice Leggett,
Chris Randle,
Jake Thomas

At the right price;
Jamaal Westerman.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2018, 03:50:25 PM »

I think it's funny to have Westerman as an at the right price and Thomas as a must sign.

Need back:

Randle
Heath
Westerman

Back at the right price:

Thomas
Leggett
Fogg
Hurl (As a special teamer/backup)

Rest:
Time to move on.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
booch

« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »

of our remaining free agents....a must is Leggett..Randle..Westerman

Be nice to have back would be Heath and lesser extent Fogg...Also Normand...tho if we don't intend to use him in any manner than we can get by with a cheaper option for what he has done for us

The rest are not a loss if we don't bring back..then prioritize 2 guys in free agency who will make us better...and work with what we want to do ratio wise and allow us to utilize our back-ups on the roster that we have already signed as injury and rotation guys
Tehedra

« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »

I think it's funny to have Westerman as an at the right price and Thomas as a must sign.

Need back:

Randle
Heath
Westerman

Back at the right price:

Thomas
Leggett
Fogg
Hurl (As a special teamer/backup)

Rest:
Time to move on.

This looks to agree with my settlement as well, I mean I would want Bond back but I don't see it in the cards.  I also like the work of Normand and would bring him back as well.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: