Blue Bombers Forum
December 01, 2021, 08:46:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 292177 times)
GCn19

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2017, 05:19:27 PM »

Moving from Bond to Neufeld/Spooner/Couture means we can move from Westerman to Okpaluago.  So the hefty price tag that comes with a 33 yr old Westerman coming off an injury can be moved to another area of need...

If we can get Westerman back we will. It doesn't matter what other changes are made to the NAT lineup.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »

If we can get Westerman back we will. It doesn't matter what other changes are made to the NAT lineup.

Neufeld < Bond and Couture < Neufeld. Aside from Neufeld's injury history / potential we're taking a hit with our depth. The one advantage is the ratio change but depending on injuries during the season this may turn out to be a problem.

OTOH, I suppose it's time for Couture to step up but his sample of play is small so no idea what to expect. Ditto with Spooner.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2017, 05:57:34 PM »

Neufeld < Bond and Couture < Neufeld. Aside from Neufeld's injury history / potential we're taking a hit with our depth. The one advantage is the ratio change but depending on injuries during the season this may turn out to be a problem.

OTOH, I suppose it's time for Couture to step up but his sample of play is small so no idea what to expect. Ditto with Spooner.

It's definitely a risk, but obviously 3 IMP on the line was not the goal of our drafting strategy. Hopefully we drafted well.

Blue In BC

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »

It's definitely a risk, but obviously 3 IMP on the line was not the goal of our drafting strategy. Hopefully we drafted well.

Of course, plus Bond was probably not expecting to be back with NFL hopes. So we have what we have. Neufeld played fairly well when Bond was out but our run game did seem to suffer. Not sure but that could have been due to getting game conditioning and working with 1st team OL.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »

Chungh played his first year, and Goossen was our starter in his second... we don't know where Spooner and Couture are in their development, if either beats Neufeld our for the LG (or RG spot with Chungh moving to LG), that is great for the depth on the Oline.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »

Of course, plus Bond was probably not expecting to be back with NFL hopes. So we have what we have. Neufeld played fairly well when Bond was out but our run game did seem to suffer. Not sure but that could have been due to getting game conditioning and working with 1st team OL.

Could be because we had zero receiver depth and teams just started to load the box on us as well.

Blue In BC

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2017, 07:36:04 PM »

Chungh played his first year, and Goossen was our starter in his second... we don't know where Spooner and Couture are in their development, if either beats Neufeld our for the LG (or RG spot with Chungh moving to LG), that is great for the depth on the Oline.

I stated it as a question while you look at it optimistically as a positive. Go figure.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
RebusRankin

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2017, 09:59:32 PM »

Let's say 3 on the OL, RB, WR, Safety, who's the 7th NI starter if you don't bring back Westerman?
gbill2004

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2017, 10:02:17 PM »

Let's say 3 on the OL, RB, WR, Safety, who's the 7th NI starter if you don't bring back Westerman?
Probably Thomas/Ekakitie.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »

How about it a nice Cdn receiver! A surprise entry if you will.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2017, 10:50:42 PM »

Probably Thomas/Ekakitie.

Might work if we have a significant upgrade at MLB that is actually making plays. It's not great when our safety is the leading tackler. That indicates opposition players well beyond the LOS.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:45 PM »

You will be rotating in at least one of Ekakitie, Thomas and Corney...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2017, 04:38:00 AM »

You will be rotating in at least one of Ekakitie, Thomas and Corney...

That's not a good thing considering the talent of the players that won't be on the field. That said it's probably a better option than a dud at MLB.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2017, 12:22:43 PM »

That's not a good thing considering the talent of the players that won't be on the field. That said it's probably a better option than a dud at MLB.

Thomas was a solid Dlineman last year.  Ekakitie is a first overall with upside.  Corney is a physical freak who is getting better all the time, no telling how good he will be.  No issues with any of them, in my books.  Especially in a unit that has to rotate on a regular basis.  From a talent + ratio consideration,  I think its pretty solid, with upside.

Not sure who is going to be the other Int DT next year, Poop will be one for sure, but I don't see Nevis back (from either team or players perspective), 2 years ago we signed Cummings, last year we signed Nevis, so I'm sure Walters will find someone, or the scouts will find another Johnson or Jeffcoat...

GCn19

« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »

Thomas was a solid Dlineman last year.  Ekakitie is a first overall with upside.  Corney is a physical freak who is getting better all the time, no telling how good he will be.  No issues with any of them, in my books.  Especially in a unit that has to rotate on a regular basis.  From a talent + ratio consideration,  I think its pretty solid, with upside.

Not sure who is going to be the other Int DT next year, Poop will be one for sure, but I don't see Nevis back (from either team or players perspective), 2 years ago we signed Cummings, last year we signed Nevis, so I'm sure Walters will find someone, or the scouts will find another Johnson or Jeffcoat...

They don't need to find another Johnson or Jeffcoat, they need to find LBers and secondary that can play the game. Thomas can play but does not have the stamina to be more than a rotational player, Corney is a pass rush freak but is very weak against the run which is why he is only used situationally, and Ekakitie struggled last year. Westerman is an elite pass rusher and his tackle totals over his career are outstanding. He is not as easy to replace and you would like people to believe. He is one of a handful of NATs in this league that are amongst the very best at their positions in the league other than OL.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: