Blue Bombers Forum
November 30, 2021, 12:08:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 291834 times)
GCn19

« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2017, 12:25:46 PM »

Derek Dennis will be a very tough decision for Jones. He was awful last year and is paid a ton. Will Jones axe him? Likely, if they can get Campbell back. There is no way that any CFL team pays in the 200k range of an IMP OG.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »

I bet Campbell bolts back out east...he never originally wanted to be there anyway...they are going to be even weaker on the O-line in 2018 I bet..And if sticking with a Glenn/bridge combo that could get ugly....fast
bluebeard

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2017, 01:56:39 PM »

Derek Dennis will be a very tough decision for Jones. He was awful last year and is paid a ton. Will Jones axe him? Likely, if they can get Campbell back. There is no way that any CFL team pays in the 200k range of an IMP OG.

They will keep Dennis if Campbell will not re up.  Word out of Regina is that Dennis got hurt in exhibition time and played hurt most of the year.  He is still not Campbell.
booch

« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »

PFFT...Fake news lol...just trying to justify a bust if you ask me
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2017, 12:26:08 PM »

December 19, 2017 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with international slotback Weston Dressler on a one-year contract. Dressler was set to become a free agent in February.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/12/19/bombers-agree-terms-receiver-weston-dressler/

GCn19

« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »

They will keep Dennis if Campbell will not re up.  Word out of Regina is that Dennis got hurt in exhibition time and played hurt most of the year.  He is still not Campbell.

Word out of Riderfans you mean. He was a straight up bust. If he was injured and incapable of playing they would have 6 gamed him until he was ready. They have waaaay too much SMS tied up in him to roll him out injured and ineffective.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2017, 01:58:58 AM »

OK,

Mr. Walters.  We need to get at least one D guy signed.  We have some heart and soul guys sitting out there waving in the wind, we need them signed. 

Is the hold up in whether we are sticking with coach Hall?  Is Lapo lobbying for his guys?  Its just odd that none of the D guys are under contract yet. 

Feb 14 is a long way away, but it is going to get here real fast.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »

December 26, 2017 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has re-signed International offensive lineman Manase Foketi. Foketi was scheduled to be a free agent in February after spending the past two seasons with Winnipeg.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/12/26/bombers-re-sign-offensive-lineman-manase-foketi/

Darrin Bauming‏ @DarrinBauming 
Manase Foketi's new contract with the #Bombers is for two years.
https://twitter.com/DarrinBauming/status/945780144794456065

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2017, 08:15:54 AM »

Remaining Bomber pending free-agents:

Dan LeFevour           QB   I         
Chris Normand          FB   N     
Clarence Denmark     WR   I     
Julian Feoli-Gudino    WR   N   
Travis Bond             OL    I               
Drake  Nevis            DT    I     
Jake  Thomas           DT  N         
Jamaal Westerman    DL   N             
Ian Wild                  LB    I           
Kyle Knox                LB    I             
Sam Hurl                 LB   N       
Maurice Leggett       DB   I         
TJ Heath                 DB   I         
Chris Randle             DB   I       
Kevin Fogg              DB   I           

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2017, 08:48:19 AM »

I count 41 Bombers under contract for next year. This seems to be a manageable number as it allows for the team to still target key free agents without the need to cut anyone from their roster.

The Bombers' roster page lists Ian Marouf but I didn't see that the club re-signed him. Last transaction on the CFL page has him being released from the practice roster on Nov 13th.

The Riders for comparison have 61 players with contracts and 18 pending free-agents. I think Jones will release a bunch of players in January like he did last year.

theaardvark

« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »

Remaining Bomber pending free-agents:

Dan LeFevour           QB   I         
Chris Normand          FB   N     

Clarence Denmark     WR   I     
Julian Feoli-Gudino    WR   N   
Travis Bond             OL    I               
Drake  Nevis            DT    I     
Jake  Thomas           DT  N         
Jamaal Westerman    DL   N             
Ian Wild                  LB    I           
Kyle Knox                LB    I             
Sam Hurl                 LB   N       
Maurice Leggett       DB   I         
TJ Heath                 DB   I         
Chris Randle             DB   I       
Kevin Fogg              DB   I           

Guys I definately want back

Guys I wouldn't mind seeing signed

The rest, at the right price, no guarantees, to compete in TC to actually win a job, not just "not lose" a job...  I can't see Nevis, Bond, Westerman or Denmark fitting, not with other options available. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
TBURGESS

« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

My Take:

Dan LeFevour           QB   I      - Good short yardage RB, but we need more from out backup QB's.
Chris Normand          FB   N     - Not a huge need, but would be an OK signing
Clarence Denmark     WR   I     - Didn't do enough last year to get another contract.
Julian Feoli-Gudino    WR   N    - Coates basically took his spot last year. Time to draft another receiver.
Travis Bond             OL    I       - Already gone, just hasn't been announced yet.     
Drake  Nevis            DT    I      - Too much money for what he brought to the table last year.
Jake  Thomas           DT  N       - Good to sign at the right price.
Jamaal Westerman    DL   N     - Love to have him back. He's an NI who plays like an import.
Ian Wild                  LB    I      - Great when he's healthy, but he isn't healthy often enough. Time to move on.
Kyle Knox                LB    I      - Would be a good signing at the right dollars.
Sam Hurl                 LB   N      - Don't want him back, but the Bomber likely do.
Maurice Leggett       DB   I       - See how the injury heals before making any offers and I know that might mean we lose him.
TJ Heath                 DB   I       - Number 2 guy left that we need to sign.
Chris Randle             DB   I      - Number 1 guy left that we need to sign.
Kevin Fogg              DB   I        - Like to have him back, but not on a big salary. 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

JFG is still good enough to be on the roster as a rotation / back up depending on his salary level. Not sure yet what Wolitarsky will bring to the table.

Westerman and Thomas are important ratio players. Westerman is a NI starter and we can't afford to lose him unless we make a big signing in free agency. SMS is an issue but so is any Canadian starter.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2017, 04:46:47 PM »

JFG is still good enough to be on the roster as a rotation / back up depending on his salary level. Not sure yet what Wolitarsky will bring to the table.

Westerman and Thomas are important ratio players. Westerman is a NI starter and we can't afford to lose him unless we make a big signing in free agency. SMS is an issue but so is any Canadian starter.

Moving from Bond to Neufeld/Spooner/Couture means we can move from Westerman to Okpaluago.  So the hefty price tag that comes with a 33 yr old Westerman coming off an injury can be moved to another area of need...

gbill2004

« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2017, 04:55:13 PM »

Moving from Bond to Neufeld/Spooner/Couture means we can move from Westerman to Okpaluago.  So the hefty price tag that comes with a 33 yr old Westerman coming off an injury can be moved to another area of need...
Can we?  Hurl will be replaced by an American MLB too...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: