Blue Bombers Forum
October 25, 2021, 02:59:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 282003 times)
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2017, 01:52:09 AM »

Okay. And LeFevour almost killed our stud runningback because of a bad throw, has been mediocre at best in his career while getting replaced by Drew Willy last season. Is Glenn the most ideal backup QB? No. The most ideal backup would be a James Franklin or Brandon Bridge-esque guy. But to suggest LeFevour over Glenn just shows your unreasonable bias against Glenn.

Sucks that Franklin will probably end up in Montreal and Bridge should have done enough to take the #1 spot for the Riders next year.....I wonder what Rakeem Cato is up to?

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2017, 02:23:26 AM »

I didn?t say you did. I was replying to Aards.

It was a comment for anybody. Sorry, jus in case anybody was including me.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2017, 04:27:07 AM »

Sucks that Franklin will probably end up in Montreal and Bridge should have done enough to take the #1 spot for the Riders next year.....I wonder what Rakeem Cato is up to?

I'm not sure you'd want Franklin to come to Winnipeg, unless you're open minded as to who #1 could be... I'd love to see him come but I don't think he would unless he was assured that he'd be a starter, but he's a baller....

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2017, 04:44:00 AM »

I'm not sure you'd want Franklin to come to Winnipeg, unless you're open minded as to who #1 could be... I'd love to see him come but I don't think he would unless he was assured that he'd be a starter, but he's a baller....

I am open minded to who #1 would be.....competition all around......at every position.
dd

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2017, 05:19:09 AM »

Who cares what he's up,to, he was on the worst team in pro football last year and they didn't pursue him, that pretty much says it all. I never saw what all the hype about this guy was about, and apparently Montreal figured it out too, as well did every other CFL team as nobody chased him down.
TBURGESS

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2017, 02:21:52 PM »

Who cares what he's up,to, he was on the worst team in pro football last year and they didn't pursue him, that pretty much says it all. I never saw what all the hype about this guy was about, and apparently Montreal figured it out too, as well did every other CFL team as nobody chased him down.
I wouldn't take Montreal's take on QB's. Glenn and Bridge were both there last year. Regina did just fine with them. Montreal... not so much.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2017, 03:31:43 PM »

I suspect that Franklin may land in Hamilton. The Eskimos and Tiger Cats have previously done a quiet futures deal for a running back only to see a roster player move in the offseason. This could be the same with CJ Gable. Could a deal to send Franklin's rights to Hamilton in the offseason be a part of that?

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Jesse

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »

I suspect that Franklin may land in Hamilton. The Eskimos and Tiger Cats have previously done a quiet futures deal for a running back only to see a roster player move in the offseason. This could be the same with CJ Gable. Could a deal to send Franklin's rights to Hamilton in the offseason be a part of that?

Franklin is a FA. I don't think his rights are worth anything right now.

My wife is amazing!
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2017, 04:27:08 PM »

Reilly was a FA. Edmonton traded picks to BC for his rights prior to him being a FA. They negotiated a contract. Same could happen with Franklin.

Posting Live From Home

theaardvark

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »

Reilly was a FA. Edmonton traded picks to BC for his rights prior to him being a FA. They negotiated a contract. Same could will happen with Franklin.

Fixed it for you. 

Franklin will be traded prior to FA.  Whether that is for picks or a Jade Etienne, you can bet someone will give Edm something for his rights.  That's if they haven't signed him and traded Reilly or some other foolishness.  I expect he might not sign with the eastern team he is traded to, and wait for Jones to throw bags of money at him as a FA. Guaranteed Reed will trade something for him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »

Reilly was a FA. Edmonton traded picks to BC for his rights prior to him being a FA. They negotiated a contract. Same could happen with Franklin.

I'm sure Mike had agreed to a new contract with Edmonton prior to being traded. Is Franklin going to do that?

If not, Edmonton may still trade him, but it wont be for anything more than a bag of footballs.

My wife is amazing!
gbill2004

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »

I read somewhere that Hamilton will likely have a competition between Masoli and Manziel next season at QB. 
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2017, 06:12:50 PM »

If Edmonton trades him to Hamilton, they already received the benefit of that trade: CJ Gable.

Posting Live From Home

Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2017, 06:13:21 PM »

I read somewhere that Hamilton will likely have a competition between Masoli and Manziel next season at QB. 

Manziel is definitely the Hamilton X-factor.

Posting Live From Home

theaardvark

« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »

I'm sure Mike had agreed to a new contract with Edmonton prior to being traded. Is Franklin going to do that?

If not, Edmonton may still trade him, but it wont be for anything more than a bag of footballs.

IIRC Buono wanted DP's before letting a GM talk to Reilly.  Was there a backchannel expression of his desire to go to Edm?  Most likely.  But no deal was signed until after the trade.  Its the reason Mack didn't make the deal.

Similarly, Willy wasn't signed before SSK traded him to us, but he wanted to start and this was the most likely spot for that.  And we only gave up Jade, who we were not signing anyway.

EDM will get at least a second rounder from Reed for Franklin.  Maybe even a roster player, not that they need any...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: