Blue Bombers Forum
December 08, 2021, 05:58:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Blue Bombers roster - 2017-2018  (Read 294541 times)
kkc60

« Reply #900 on: August 18, 2018, 05:02:27 AM »

Spoke to Gaitor and Washington and both said will play next week, what do others think?

Also any change of Flanders coming in.  Lankford was ok  but also not a good as required.
Take that with a grain of salt. One is on the 6 game and the other the PR. How do they know if and when they are playing
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #901 on: August 18, 2018, 05:07:31 AM »

Take that with a grain of salt. One is on the 6 game and the other the PR. How do they know if and when they are playing

I agree, both were hoping I'm sure

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gbill2004

« Reply #902 on: August 18, 2018, 08:32:11 AM »

Spoke to Gaitor and Washington and both said will play next week, what do others think?

Also any change of Flanders coming in.  Lankford was ok  but also not a good as required.
Fogg and Sayles looked bad this week. Maybe they're going to get a week off. I'd like to see Fenner back on D too.
Blue In BC

« Reply #903 on: August 18, 2018, 05:16:14 PM »

If Washington gets to start next week would that mean the Lankford experiment is over" IE: What would the point be in moving him back to the PR? While he may know the system his productivity was essentially zero.

Time to move on with next man up.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blueraid

« Reply #904 on: August 18, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »

If Washington gets to start next week would that mean the Lankford experiment is over" IE: What would the point be in moving him back to the PR? While he may know the system his productivity was essentially zero.

Time to move on with next man up.

Everyone and his dog felt that Washington should have been in the line-up and not Lankford...BUT not this coach...Sticking with players who can't get it done, and expecting a miracle, are part and parcel of this coach...(see Roc Carmichael of last year)..O'Shea doesn't know what 'time to move on' means and I would expect he'll return Lankford to the pr...Ineptness add it's finest
Nic16

« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »

Fogg and Sayles looked bad this week. Maybe they're going to get a week off. I'd like to see Fenner back on D too.

The RB's have a very good group of receivers, and can be even more dangerous when Harris plays at the level he has played at the last few games. They were very effective in fully exposing the weakness in our secondary.

Changes are needed before next game, because Dickenson & BLM will be more than happy to show Osh & Hall again if they are not fully convinced.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #906 on: August 18, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »

If Washington plays, no room for Flanders.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #907 on: August 22, 2018, 02:41:27 PM »

Transactions Aug 21st:  WPG REM UNS  NAT Tylor HENRY  (WR)    Alberta  - removed from practice roster

kkc60

« Reply #908 on: August 22, 2018, 03:33:15 PM »

Transactions Aug 21st:  WPG REM UNS  NAT Tylor HENRY  (WR)    Alberta  - removed from practice roster
Huh. I liked Henry
Blue In BC

« Reply #909 on: August 22, 2018, 03:51:40 PM »

Huh. I liked Henry

I guess Pierre was deemed a better long term prospect. He was a higher draft pick in 2018 than Henry was in 2017.

Note: I see that means we're down to 9 players on the PR. Could be the signal of someone new being added shortly. Either coming off the 6 game IR or just a new face in town?

Depending on where Hardrick ends up this week ( 1 game IR or 2 man reserve ) we may be shuffling a player onto the 46 AR.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:56:57 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gbill2004

« Reply #910 on: August 22, 2018, 04:05:43 PM »

I guess Pierre was deemed a better long term prospect. He was a higher draft pick in 2018 than Henry was in 2017.

Note: I see that means we're down to 9 players on the PR. Could be the signal of someone new being added shortly. Either coming off the 6 game IR or just a new face in town?

Depending on where Hardrick ends up this week ( 1 game IR or 2 man reserve ) we may be shuffling a player onto the 46 AR.
Depending on how long Hardrick is out, we may want to bring in another American OL who can play tackle. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #911 on: August 22, 2018, 05:05:16 PM »

Depending on how long Hardrick is out, we may want to bring in another American OL who can play tackle. 

I said that during TC we should have one on the PR. It's almost inevitable that we have an OL injury during the season. Foketi may be the next man up but there should be another OL on the PR as next next man up.

It takes a long time for OL to get up and running so that was a PR ommision IMO.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue72

« Reply #912 on: August 22, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »

I was just looking at our team roster and it looks like we have 3 IMP receivers on the AR, Dressler on the 6 game and only Washington on the PR. Well if they plan to go into the cold weather with just 5 IMP receivers we might be using more Nats later on. I don't wish our guys any bad luck but usually Adams and Dressler go down when the season is 3/4 done and the weather changes. Some teams have 5 guys on the AR or even some better guys on there PR than we have starting (Lankford).
gbill2004

« Reply #913 on: August 22, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »

I said that during TC we should have one on the PR. It's almost inevitable that we have an OL injury during the season. Foketi may be the next man up but there should be another OL on the PR as next next man up.

It takes a long time for OL to get up and running so that was a PR ommision IMO.
In a pinch, Neufeld can play RT and Couture play at guard. 
Blue In BC

« Reply #914 on: August 22, 2018, 05:42:54 PM »

In a pinch, Neufeld can play RT and Couture play at guard. 

Maybe but it wasn't the option taken last week when Hardrick went down. Besides " in a pinch " is not a long term plan when you start 2 import OL measured against long term development time for new OL.

Neufeld is playing well at LG. For an in game injury sure but if we lost either import OT's we're thin. We don't have as good a Canadian OT as we do with the imports. Hence IMO we should have had one on the PR over and above Foketi on the DR.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: