Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 14, 2018, 02:43:41 PM
That's not how it works.

I'm amazed at what I've read regarding Hutchinson since he was pulled. I really don't understand some of the harsh criticism directed at him. Did anyone watch the first 10 or so minutes of that game last night? He was absolutely shelled and kept the team in the game until that dreaded power play (12-0 SOG at that point). The entire team fell apart during that power play and there's plenty of blame to be spread around for those two shorties allowed only 34 seconds apart.

Thinking Comrie is the answer at backup at this point is crazy talk.
We need Mason back asap. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 14, 2018, 02:45:54 PM
We need Mason back asap. 

Won't be for a while. Comrie has been called up on an emergency basis.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 14, 2018, 05:25:28 PM
Won't be for a while. Comrie has been called up on an emergency basis.
I saw that.  Wasn't Mason only out for 2-3 weeks, and that was already a week ago. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 14, 2018, 05:44:32 PM
I saw that.  Wasn't Mason only out for 2-3 weeks, and that was already a week ago. 

Still at least a week out, though. And with today being an off day for the Jets, there will be no updates until tomorrow on Hutchinson. With how much Hellebuyck has played, it doesn't appear he'll be getting a rest any time soon. That's troubling, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 14, 2018, 06:01:04 PM
Still at least a week out, though. And with today being an off day for the Jets, there will be no updates until tomorrow on Hutchinson. With how much Hellebuyck has played, it doesn't appear he'll be getting a rest any time soon. That's troubling, IMO.

It's not ideal to be playing the living crap out of your starter, but I gotta say that Hellebuyck has constantly risen to the occasion when called upon to play a zillion games in a row, a back-to-back, etc. If there's anyone who can handle it and dare I say thrive in it, it's him.

We have to hope that it eventually doesn't take its toll on him at the exact wrong time of the year, though. Hope is kinda all we have in that regard.
#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 14, 2018, 07:08:26 PM
It's not ideal to be playing the living crap out of your starter, but I gotta say that Hellebuyck has constantly risen to the occasion when called upon to play a zillion games in a row, a back-to-back, etc. If there's anyone who can handle it and dare I say thrive in it, it's him.

We have to hope that it eventually doesn't take its toll on him at the exact wrong time of the year, though. Hope is kinda all we have in that regard.

I agree with this.

This aint ideal to have to play him this much. But hes also 24 and he needs to start taking on a work load and learning how to do it. If we expect to win a cup in the next few years hes going to need to be able to play alot. Its just the way it is. If we expect to make it thru any playoff run hes going to need to carry the load like any other teams starter does.

I hate our injury situation big time. But over all when i look at it its kinda good for the team as something to learn from.

Its not the best thing this year for sure....  but this will help our younger guys learn to expect these things and figure out ways to play thru them in years to come.

This team has growin up so much compaired to last year because not only have we drafted skilled players but they are also smart hockey players. Good hockey IQ.

All the skill in the world only gets you so far--- See the Oilers over the last 8 years or so.

Smart teams with smart hockey players win you Cups. Smart players learn what it takes to play 80+ games then have to play thru a super hard playoff run.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Stastny is playing tonight.  Trouba is an option.  Lowry and Scheifele still not ready but practiced in regular jerseys today. 

Hutch is out with another concussion.  Hendricks out 6-8 weeks. 

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 15, 2018, 03:23:20 PM
Stastny is playing tonight.  Trouba is an option.  Lowry and Scheifele still not ready but practiced in regular jerseys today. 

I heard Scheifele might be ready for the weekend, so that's good news. I've been worried about the lack of updates to this point.
My wife is amazing!

TrueBlue75

That's interesting, because Maurice said on Tuesday that it wasn't a concussion but was upper body. Oh well. Maybe symptoms have appeared later on...

Hopefully the Jets kick some butt tonight.

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 15, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
That's interesting, because Maurice said on Tuesday that it wasn't a concussion but was upper body. Oh well. Maybe symptoms have appeared later on...

Hopefully the Jets kick some butt tonight.
Yep I heard that too.  I guess the symptoms changed after the game.

The Zipp

Jeff Hamilton

@jeffkhamilton
14m14 minutes ago
More
#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice on his decision whether Jacob Trouba plays tonight: "Well if my car doesn't blow up when I start it, I'll take that as a positive. He's very interested in playing tonight." #wfp

gbill2004

Maurice also says he expects Comrie to start 3 games down the stretch with Mason and Hutch out. 

blue_gold_84

Good news regarding Stastny and it'd be great to get Trouba on the back end.

Unfortunate news regarding Hutchinson and Hendricks. I'm absolutely amazed (in a bad way) how many injuries this team has had to deal with recently.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 15, 2018, 04:04:51 PM
Maurice also says he expects Comrie to start 3 games down the stretch with Mason and Hutch out. 

Anaheim, Chicago and Montreal is my guess

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag