Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 07, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Lundqvist is Swedish.

Patrik is just unreal right now. I?m at a point where I?m a bit surprised when he doesn?t score when he shoots ;D Just absolutely loving this team right now!

A couple of beers and they all sound alike ;) .  Boort boort boort...

Fellow Scandanavian...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on March 07, 2018, 02:09:05 PM
A couple of beers and they all sound alike ;) .  Boort boort boort...

Fellow Scandanavian...

Actually, Finns are technically not Scandinavian.
#Ride?

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 07, 2018, 02:16:40 PM

Ha, true! You'd technically have to use 'Nordic'.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 07, 2018, 02:16:40 PM

Debateable.. I'm of the group that considers Finland and Iceland part of Scandanavia.  I grew up in Thunder Bay, the city with the second largest Finnish population in the world...

Oxford Dictionary:

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/Scandinavia

Scandinavia
proper noun

1    A large peninsula in north-western Europe, occupied by Norway and Sweden. It is bounded by the Arctic Ocean on the north, the Atlantic Ocean on the west, and the Baltic Sea on the south and the east.
    1.1 A cultural region consisting of the countries of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark and sometimes also of Iceland, Finland, and the Faroe Islands.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

I was mostly busting your balls with that one, lol. I consider them "Scandinavian" as well but I've heard the point made that it's mostly about language, which you yourself brought up ("boort boort boort"). Finnish looks way different than Swedish, Danish, Norwegian and Icelandic.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

The fact remains: Laine and Lundqvist are not fellow countrymen.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Agree that Little's contract is one that probably will haunt Chevy or he moves it ........ as there needs to be some big $$ available for the .....
likes of Laine, Morrissey, Trouba to name a few.     Kulikov, though he has helped solidify the blueline, is overpaid in my view & may need to be moved.

If Scheif is out a few weeks ........ why not try Roslovic at center. Wheels is quite decent at center but Rosi was thought to be the center to bump Little down in the near future.
It's not like he doesn't dig hard for the puck as Scheif did & there is no denying he is a good playmaker.
Suggestion: Connor  Roslovic & Wheels ..... Stats line remains together, Little & Perrault get Armia while the 4th is whatever to be juggled when Lowry & Tanev return.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

According to the NHL's social media dept., no other player has scored more goals over the last two seasons than Patrik Laine.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

From Dreger: Expect official update on Mark Scheifele tomorrow. Doubtful vs Devils, but early indication is the injury isn't serious.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 07, 2018, 10:53:56 PM
From Dreger: Expect official update on Mark Scheifele tomorrow. Doubtful vs Devils, but early indication is the injury isn't serious.

That was yesterday too, so we will hopefully be getting an update soon.

blue_gold_84

Updates from Ken Wiebe:

- Enstrom and Tanev should be back in the lineup tonight
- Myers and Perreault both sat out of morning skate
- Trouba and Matthias back in regular jerseys, Lowry in non-contact jersey
- Scheifele listed as day-to-day, no structural damage, injury not related to previous one where he missed 16 games
- Mason injured (lower body), Hutchinson recalled
- Hellebuyck gets the start vs. the Devils
- Line combinations TBD
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 08, 2018, 04:55:52 PM
What a nightmare season for Mason. 

Just one issue after the other.

At least Helle got a game off.
My wife is amazing!

BomberPride

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 08, 2018, 04:49:23 PM
Updates from Ken Wiebe:

- Mason injured (lower body), Hutchinson recalled

You've got to be kidding me.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?