Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

No Toby Lowry Trouba

I think they will be refreshed to be back out on the road.

Deadly PP continues

Fefe has another good game I predict.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Darn - preds win again - another close one but they pull them out...first place is going to be tough for the jets unless they go on a tear and Nashville slumps a bit.

The Zipp

2 road points...decent game...got lucky on the rebound off the ref - it happens though

Don?t like how the Jets play with a 2 goal lead but they won..

blue_gold_84

Nice scrappy road win tonight. Whatever it takes to get two points.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 05, 2018, 01:29:07 AM
Nice scrappy road win tonight. Whatever it takes to get two points.

I like they can get these wins.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 05, 2018, 05:52:37 AM

Yep, that's how they will need to win in the playoffs.  Playoff hockey is a different beast. 

theaardvark

Talk about the puck bouncing your way...

Off the post, off the ref's face, to a guy you just traded for who bangs it into the net for the game winner...

I think this will be a different playoff team than we saw last time.  This team has led/been tied for most of its playoff history (4 games), just not the final few minutes of every game...  the current roster isn't likely to give those late goals up.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 05, 2018, 05:52:37 AM

Gotta be able to protect a lead come the post-season. And they're presently doing it without two key defensemen and two key forwards. Just wait until they're back on the ice. ;D

Laine is on a tear lately. In his last 8GP, he has 10G, 16P, and is +10 with a whopping 45.5% shooting percentage. With his second straight two-goal game (his third in last 5GP), he passed Steve Yzerman and is now sixth all-time in goals scored by a teenager (71G). Who's ahead of him? Sidney Crosby (75G), Brian Bellows (76G), Wayne Gretzky (76G), Dale Hawerchuk (85G), Jimmy Carson (92G). With 17 games to go, finishing third all-time is certainly doable.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

With 4G and 3A in his last three games, Laine was named the NHL's Second Star of the Week.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Looks like it could be Mason in net tonight.

@WiebeSunSports
25m25 minutes ago
More
It?s an optional skate for #NHLJets and Steve Mason is taking the early shot routine normally assigned to the starting goalie. Expecting him to get the call vs #NYR tonight. Would be his first #NHL start since Jan. 5

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 06, 2018, 04:31:49 PM
Good for him, hope he has a great game.

The Jets need him to find his form. And sooner than later. Hellebuyck could use the rest.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on March 06, 2018, 03:52:50 PM
Looks like it could be Mason in net tonight.

@WiebeSunSports
25m25 minutes ago
More
It?s an optional skate for #NHLJets and Steve Mason is taking the early shot routine normally assigned to the starting goalie. Expecting him to get the call vs #NYR tonight. Would be his first #NHL start since Jan. 5

Eeeek!

4 goals in the AHL = what.... 6.5 goals in the NHL?

Guess we will need at least 7 tonight. That is possible the Rangers have allowed 50+ shots in their last few games.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gbill2004

Bryan Little's contract concerns me; his production has really take a dip this season and we have him under contract for 6 years after this season.  Can we retroactively give his contract to Stastny?   ;)

blue_gold_84

Laine opens the scoring and his matches his goal total from his rookie campaign. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.