Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Nic16 on February 22, 2018, 10:54:05 PM
Like you said not easy to figure out. I think anyone who has lived in Winnipeg their entire life knows about yhe stigma.

But like I said, NMC?s & NTC?s especially at this time of year give certain teams an advantage. Which is something I simply don?t agree with.

It comes with the career you chose. You should be happy to play in the NHL no matter the location.

Actually, it is easy to figure out: Winnipeg is a small market, its NHL franchise is the primary sports focus, and winter here is pretty brutal. Combine that with the fact the Jets haven't established consistent success and it should come as no surprise Winnipeg is high on players' lists of places they'd prefer not to play.

NTCs and NMCs are something the NHLPA and the NHL agreed on, though. It doesn't necessarily give any one team an advantage over another.

And I'm pretty sure the vast majority of NHLers are happy to play in any of the 31 locations currently operating a franchise. Giving players the option to have preferred locations doesn't change that.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

understand that Hutch & Mason have been cleared to play however Hutch apparently may be more game ready than Mason
Jaimie Phillips has been very good for the Moose while Hutch was out & then Comrie up with the Jets ........ is Chevy perhaps trying to move Hutch or Mason ??  I would !
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Nic16

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 23, 2018, 01:15:43 PM
Actually, it is easy to figure out: Winnipeg is a small market, its NHL franchise is the primary sports focus, and winter here is pretty brutal. Combine that with the fact the Jets haven't established consistent success and it should come as no surprise Winnipeg is high on players' lists of places they'd prefer not to play.

NTCs and NMCs are something the NHLPA and the NHL agreed on, though. It doesn't necessarily give any one team an advantage over another.

And I'm pretty sure the vast majority of NHLers are happy to play in any of the 31 locations currently operating a franchise. Giving players the option to have preferred locations doesn't change that.

Lol...meant to say not ?hard? to figure out.

Either way, I have a full grasp on NTC?s & MTC?s and why they exist and how they were derived, and why Wpg is on them...yadayadaya. Doesn?t mean I have to agree, like or accept them though.

Ie,

If Chevy wants Rick Nash for the playoff run and is willing to meet the Rangers demand, he could be told before even making the offer...don?t bother with the phone call your on Nash?s NTC list.

A couple of hrs later you find out Vegas (a team with zero playoff history) gets him...and possibly for less.

That?s an advantage!

Colton

Quote from: Nic16 on February 23, 2018, 05:03:49 PM
Lol...meant to say not ?hard? to figure out.

Either way, I have a full grasp on NTC?s & MTC?s and why they exist and how they were derived, and why Wpg is on them...yadayadaya. Doesn?t mean I have to agree, like or accept them though.

Ie,

If Chevy wants Rick Nash for the playoff run and is willing to meet the Rangers demand, he could be told before even making the offer...don?t bother with the phone call your on Nash?s NTC list.

A couple of hrs later you find out Vegas (a team with zero playoff history) gets him...and possibly for less.

That?s an advantage!

It's an advantage in the same way winning games increases your chances at winning the Stanley Cup is an advantage.

gbill2004

Interesting article in The Athletic where Hutchinson says he asked for a trade from the Jets when Mason was signed, because he feels that he is an NHL calibre goaltender. 

gbill2004

According to Craig Custance, the Jets made a big push to acquire Brassard. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 23, 2018, 09:25:14 PM
Interesting article in The Athletic where Hutchinson says he asked for a trade from the Jets when Mason was signed, because he feels that he is an NHL calibre goaltender

He was placed on waivers during the pre-season (the day after a pretty lousy performance) and cleared them, so that could be debatable. In his defense, he was pretty good in his lone outing vs. the Bolts back in January.

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 23, 2018, 09:34:57 PM
According to Craig Custance, the Jets made a big push to acquire Brassard. 

I wonder what the Jets were offering. I can't say I'm surprised the Penguins got him, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

TrueBlue75

The shenanigans of the Golden Knights is maddening. Not only do the Jets have to contend with being on many no trade lists, now they have to deal with other teams blocking them from acquiring players. Chevy must be fuming! I hope the Golden Knights get swept in their first playoff series >:(

But, that aside, what a huge win for the team tonight! Putting some distance from the last wildcard spot!

Chris1982

gbill2004

Chris1982

blue_or_die

Awesome shutout win last night! No stress for this guy :)
#Ride?

The Zipp

Does hutch get the start tonight ?

Helly maybe needs a rest?