Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 30, 2018, 05:10:27 PM
I get giving your workhorse goalie some rest, but does it have to be tonight? Why not Thursday or Saturday?

And Comrie isn't ready. We saw that last time he started. Hutchinson is the better option between the two, but I still don't get this decision.

My guess would be Mason is done for the season
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on January 30, 2018, 05:18:56 PM
Coach is adamant it's about Hellybuck travelling lots in the last couple of weeks, multiple time zones, plane trips etc.  Does make you wonder if he tweaked something but that is just pure speculation...all the best to Hutchy tonight - go out there and win one for the team and yourself.

Mason must be in rough shape..
If Helle is nursing a minor injury, then I definitely agree with the rest tonight.  Otherwise it makes no sense.  

The Zipp

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 30, 2018, 05:24:34 PM

You might be right Mud...First concussion of this season was Nov 25...then again about 2 or 3 weeks ago...not looking good

theaardvark

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 30, 2018, 04:44:06 PM
So Hutchinson is arriving in Winnipeg around noon today, from the AHL all-star game last night, and Maurice says he's starting in goal tonight versus Tampa Bay.  I don't have a good feeling about this game.  Maurice says they want to get Helle some rest.  I guess the don't have much confidence in Comrie. 

Hutch was given the start long before the Allstar game came up.  This was his spot in teh rotation, after Mason went down.  He was given the choice fo going to the Allstar game, and decided he could do it, and play tonight.

Its not an issue with confidence in Comrie, just scheduling and HUtch's belief that he can do the job...  and especially with a goalie, you don't question it...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 30, 2018, 05:24:34 PM

What does that have to do with starting Hutchinson over Comrie? ???

I don't get the decision to rest Hellebuyck tonight, but I get why Hutchinson gets the call over Comrie.

And the more I think about it, this isn't as crucial a game points-wise as Thursday (conference rival) or Saturday (division rival). So, perhaps that's why Hellebuyck rests tonight against a non-conference opponent.

And FWIW, the Lightning are starting Domingue in net. Maybe Cooper has the same logic in mind wanting to rest his starter who's also been pretty busy.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 30, 2018, 06:19:22 PM

I don't get the decision to rest Hellebuyck tonight, but I get why Hutchinson gets the call over Comrie.

And the more I think about it, this isn't as crucial a game points-wise as Thursday (conference rival) or Saturday (division rival). So, perhaps that's why Hellebuyck rests tonight against a non-conference opponent.

And FWIW, the Lightning are starting Domingue in net. Maybe Cooper has the same logic in mind wanting to rest his starter who's also been pretty busy.
I sometimes wonder if opposing head coaches talk before a game and both agree to start their backup goaltenders.  I see that fairly often. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 30, 2018, 06:22:00 PM
I sometimes wonder if opposing head coaches talk before a game and both agree to start their backup goaltenders.  I see that fairly often. 

LOL....  They dont do that.

Stretch

Maybe he'll rest Stamkos, Point, and Kucherov too. Wouldn't that be nice?  ;)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

New_Earth_Mud

I think like i said.... Mason is done for the year and Helle will have to carry much of the load.

The Zipp

i think he was responding to my comment earlier that Mason must be in rough shape...none of this Hitch stuff happens if he isn't hurt

The Zipp

Ugh.  Hate those late period goals...can't really blame Hutch on that goal.

gbill2004

Well that went well!  Nice game for Hutchinson!

The Zipp

Great win for the Jets!! Hutch was solid in net !!

Rest up the Knights are rolling into town...take them out too!

blue_gold_84

Great game! Hutchinson got better as the game progressed, so getting that win is a huge monkey off his back.

Two big points against the league's best! ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Both Helle and Hutch have something to prove and u can see it from how they play.

This is what we want