Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on January 19, 2018, 02:07:41 PM
Wonder what's going on...emergency recall again??  That seems odd unless someone is hurt...

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today that they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson and forward Jack Roslovic from the Manitoba Moose.

Hutchinson, 27, has a 14-2-4 record with the Moose this season and he leads the AHL with a .942 save percentage, while his 1.94 goals-against average ranks third in the league. Hutchinson is tied for third among AHL goalies with 14 wins. Hutchinson was named AHL Goaltender of the Month for both November and December as he helped the Moose to a 16-game point streak (15-0-1) from Nov. 15-Dec. 22/17. Hutchinson and Roslovic were both named to the roster for the AHL All-Star Classic.

Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the third round (77th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft and was signed as a free agent by the Jets on July 19/13. The Barrie, Ontario native has not played for the Jets this year, but he has played 99 games for Winnipeg during the last four seasons and he has a 41-38-11 record with three shutouts, a 2.63 GAA, and a .910 SV%.

Roslovic, 20, played in four games for the Jets earlier this season, including his first home game for Winnipeg on Jan. 5 versus Buffalo. The product of Columbus, Ohio also has 35 points (15G, 20A) in 32 games with the Moose this season and is tied for seventh in the AHL for points. Roslovic was selected as the AHL's Player of the Month for November after he recorded 19 points (8G, 11A) in 14 games.

Roslovic was drafted by the Jets in the first round (25th overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft.

It must mean Mason is still not 100% and one of Lowry or Tanev remains out, too. I think it's the latter.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on January 19, 2018, 02:07:41 PM
Wonder what's going on...emergency recall again??  That seems odd unless someone is hurt...

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today that they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson and forward Jack Roslovic from the Manitoba Moose.

Hutchinson, 27, has a 14-2-4 record with the Moose this season and he leads the AHL with a .942 save percentage, while his 1.94 goals-against average ranks third in the league. Hutchinson is tied for third among AHL goalies with 14 wins. Hutchinson was named AHL Goaltender of the Month for both November and December as he helped the Moose to a 16-game point streak (15-0-1) from Nov. 15-Dec. 22/17. Hutchinson and Roslovic were both named to the roster for the AHL All-Star Classic.

Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the third round (77th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft and was signed as a free agent by the Jets on July 19/13. The Barrie, Ontario native has not played for the Jets this year, but he has played 99 games for Winnipeg during the last four seasons and he has a 41-38-11 record with three shutouts, a 2.63 GAA, and a .910 SV%.

Roslovic, 20, played in four games for the Jets earlier this season, including his first home game for Winnipeg on Jan. 5 versus Buffalo. The product of Columbus, Ohio also has 35 points (15G, 20A) in 32 games with the Moose this season and is tied for seventh in the AHL for points. Roslovic was selected as the AHL's Player of the Month for November after he recorded 19 points (8G, 11A) in 14 games.

Roslovic was drafted by the Jets in the first round (25th overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft.
Steve Mason is likely still suffering from concussion like symptoms after taking that Laine shot off he mask in practice.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 19, 2018, 02:17:29 PM
Steve Mason is likely still suffering from concussion like symptoms after taking that Laine shot off he mask in practice.

Last update Paul Maurice gave on Mason was almost a week ago and said that he still was not feeling well. 

Jockitch

Mathias also had sat out the previous game ....... so is it ...... Tanev, Lowry &/or Mathias that are still on the shelf ??  All 3, 2 of them or just 1 out for tomorrow ??
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Chris1982

Quote from: Jockitch on January 19, 2018, 05:19:49 PM
Mathias also had sat out the previous game ....... so is it ...... Tanev, Lowry &/or Mathias that are still on the shelf ??  All 3, 2 of them or just 1 out for tomorrow ??

Only injury updates that have been released so far is Maurice confirmed that Mason suffered another concussion, and that Lowry is OUT this weekend.

No word yet on Tanev or Mathias. 

Hutchinson and Roslovic have been recalled from the Moose.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Chris1982 on January 19, 2018, 05:41:36 PM
Only injury updates that have been released so far is Maurice confirmed that Mason suffered another concussion, and that Lowry is OUT this weekend.

No word yet on Tanev or Mathias. 

Hutchinson and Roslovic have been recalled from the Moose.

Ugh Mason is damaged goods 2 concussions and he?s barely played!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

This is Mason's 2nd concussion in less than 2 months. The first one he suffered was Nov 25th vs SJS.

That was from Sara O...

This doesn't bode well for Mason IMO.  I think we will see Hutch between the pipes soon. 

Stretch

When Hutchinson got called up for the recent Chicago game it was on an emergency basis, which I believe meant he didn't need to clear waivers when being sent back down. Is this a regular call up meaning that he would need to go through waivers or does he somehow stay on the roster the rest of the year?

I ask because he was mentioned as potential trade bait earlier this year, and we wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Stretch on January 19, 2018, 07:07:55 PM
When Hutchinson got called up for the recent Chicago game it was on an emergency basis, which I believe meant he didn't need to clear waivers when being sent back down. Is this a regular call up meaning that he would need to go through waivers or does he somehow stay on the roster the rest of the year?

I ask because he was mentioned as potential trade bait earlier this year, and we wouldn't want to lose him for nothing.

Mason will be the one traded not Hutch.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

Hutch vs Canucks at home on Sunday??

He finally speaks to the media:

Paul Friesen

#NHLJets play 4 in 6, so Hutchinson will likely get his chance soon. "He's gone down and done everything he could do to get a chance to be the guy that got called up this time. And then very probably he's going to get himself into a game, and that's the chance again." P Maurice

More
Hutchinson, UFA this summer, on whether he's looking fwd to a change of scenery: "I'll cross that bridge in the summer when I come to it. Right now I'm just here to help any team I'm on, whether it's the Moose or the Jets or wherever.? #NHLJets

Another Hutchinson on his status: "All season you don't really know what's going on. You sometimes think you're on the Moose, you sometimes think you're staying. It's a complete roller-coaster ride.? #NHLJets

Hutchinson on now trying to help the people whom he's been trying to prove wrong all season:  ?Yeah, hockey's a funny game. It is different. Kind of an awkward atmosphere." #NHLJets.

Hutchinson: "There's still days when you come to the rink and you're pissed off you're down there. There's two ways you can go about it. You can just sulk and let your game turn to crap, or you can use it as motivation and to prove the people that put you there wrong." #NHLJets.

#NHLJets goalie Michael Hutchinson's first comments to reporters about his demotion this season:  ?If you get demoted in your job you're going to be pissed off. Being sent down is getting demoted. There's no way of sugar-coating it. It sucks. I was pissed off."

blue_or_die

Well, can't say he wasn't being honest.

I'm very happy for him that he was able to elevate his game and dominate the AHL, but the tone of his comments seem to indicate that he doesn't understand why it came to that.

How is "hockey a funny game"? You don't perform, you don't get to play in the world's top league. Seems pretty straightforward, and how most jobs work.
#Ride?

theaardvark

One way of dumping Mason's contract... IR it... let him collect the insurance.  Hellebuyck /  Hutch for this year, and COmrie up for next... no problem with that at all now... comimg into the season, not so much, but every goalie except Mason has been lights out...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
One way of dumping Mason's contract... IR it... let him collect the insurance.  Hellebuyck /  Hutch for this year, and COmrie up for next... no problem with that at all now... comimg into the season, not so much, but every goalie except Mason has been lights out...
i agree with Ards on this one
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on January 19, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
I highly doubt a doctor will certify that Mason?s career is over at this point.

TrueBlue75

I wish someone would have asked Hutchinson what he felt like he did last year to warrant a job on the Jets as opposed to the Moose. He was a weak link last year and didn?t show much promise in the preseason. I get his frustration and disappointment but I?m not liking his attitude about it. Prove yourself (which he?s done) and earn your spot (which he is) It?s the nature of the business in sports.