Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Face off wins does not equal points on paper.  And I'm sure Tavares would kill our face off percentage too  ::) .  If the Jets coaching can get our current corps to 3rd in the league (some coaching, some using the new rules to our advantage (I guess that's coaching too)), I'm sure Tavares would be first in line to learn how to be even better... (he's at 49.6% right now)

We dominated the face offs last night.  Not really the result we were looking for at the end of the game, though.

You make your team better by having better players.  Which player is better to have in the lineup, Hendricks or Tavares?  Don't get me wrong, I love what Hendricks has brought and brings every night.  But can you imagine Laine/Ehlers/Tavares as you SECOND line?  And Brian Little centreing your fourth line?

C'mon, you have to admit that we are a better team with Tavares on it.  But if you don't think we need to get better, then I guess trading pieces that may never be used by the team for him doesn't make sense. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

drahgon

What a stinker last night, wasted a babysitting night on that?

Hopefully its only a blip and they get back to the way they have been playing.

blue_or_die

Quote from: drahgon on December 15, 2017, 03:15:35 PM
What a stinker last night, wasted a babysitting night on that?

Hopefully its only a blip and they get back to the way they have been playing.

Yeah, this week and last has been quite the fall back down to earth. I could deal with losing the way we did to Detroit, only because they had a fire lit underneath them with a 10 goal embarrassment earlier. Losing to Florida sucked because not only are we a better team, but it was a close game and we should have maintained our lead or at least got a point. Loss to Tampa I could deal with in overtime. Winning convincingly against Van was awesome and I thought we were back on track, and then to be obliterated like that last night was the worst. Central division opponent whom we gave clean points to.

Winning both against STL would solve all of that this weekend. Winning one of them is more realistic, and losing both would feel like the sky is falling.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 15, 2017, 03:32:35 PM
Yeah, this week and last has been quite the fall back down to earth. I could deal with losing the way we did to Detroit, only because they had a fire lit underneath them with a 10 goal embarrassment earlier. Losing to Florida sucked because not only are we a better team, but it was a close game and we should have maintained our lead or at least got a point. Loss to Tampa I could deal with in overtime. Winning convincingly against Van was awesome and I thought we were back on track, and then to be obliterated like that last night was the worst. Central division opponent whom we gave clean points to.

Winning both against STL would solve all of that this weekend. Winning one of them is more realistic, and losing both would feel like the sky is falling.

I also thought the win vs. VAN on Monday indicated the team got back on track. But then last night happened.

Three points in the home-and-home with the Blues would be nice - and necessary, IMO. The Jets need to get back on track and can't afford to lose ground in either the division or the conference.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

PM shook up the lines a bit in the latter half ......... does he start Ehlers, Scheif & Wheeler together next game.
He slotted Perrault up with Little & Laine while dropping Conners to play with Hendricks & Armia.
Go for it coach Maurice ........ anyone hear if they are skating today & if so, are these changes together prior to the Blues back to back.

St. Louis are more vulnerable with Schwartz & Pietrangelo out with injuries & Bouwmeester just placed on the IR as well.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

#NHLJets HC Paul Maurice say G Steve Mason will start one of two games vs #Blues this weekend. Wouldn't say whether it would be sat or Sunday. Mason hasn't played since suffering concussion on nov 25. #WFP

Jockitch

Corsi seems to be a popular topic in the NHL circles & I will not profess to understand it yet, as I've rarely looked at the basic rules.

However, in light of that, I simply looked at Giveaway vs Takeaway stats & sheesh ........ the Jets are net Minus 78.   Vast improvement needed going forward
Noted: Armia has stolen the puck 15 times off the opponent while only giving it up carelessly a Single time ----- Terrific.
Little is at a Plus 12, Lowry at Plus 11, Tanev at Plus 10 & Scheif at a respectable Plus 7.
Wheeler is our worse forward at Minus 9, followed by Laine at a Minus 8         Dmen, as on most teams, have bad stats here.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on December 15, 2017, 03:13:04 PM
Face off wins does not equal points on paper.  And I'm sure Tavares would kill our face off percentage too  ::) .  If the Jets coaching can get our current corps to 3rd in the league (some coaching, some using the new rules to our advantage (I guess that's coaching too)), I'm sure Tavares would be first in line to learn how to be even better... (he's at 49.6% right now)

We dominated the face offs last night.  Not really the result we were looking for at the end of the game, though.

You make your team better by having better players.  Which player is better to have in the lineup, Hendricks or Tavares?  Don't get me wrong, I love what Hendricks has brought and brings every night.  But can you imagine Laine/Ehlers/Tavares as you SECOND line?  And Brian Little centreing your fourth line?

C'mon, you have to admit that we are a better team with Tavares on it.  But if you don't think we need to get better, then I guess trading pieces that may never be used by the team for him doesn't make sense. 

What your missing is you dont want Little on your 4th line. Hes not the type of player you want there. He not a grinder and defencive type you want and need on your 4th line.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 15, 2017, 07:00:38 PM

What your missing is you dont want Little on your 4th line. Hes not the type of player you want there. He not a grinder and defencive type you want and need on your 4th line.

Then put him on 3, and Lowry on 4...  or make line 3 line 4, and line 4 line 3 with Little centring it...  Little, Perrault, Tanev for line 3 is pretty nice, no?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on December 15, 2017, 08:03:50 PM
Then put him on 3, and Lowry on 4...  or make line 3 line 4, and line 4 line 3 with Little centring it...  Little, Perrault, Tanev for line 3 is pretty nice, no?

No

Hes not the guy you want doing that job.

Nothing is broken.... so you let it play out as its built.

Let them be and grow. Its working.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 16, 2017, 02:10:10 AM
No

Hes not the guy you want doing that job.

Nothing is broken.... so you let it play out as its built.

Let them be and grow. Its working.

Doing what job?  Scoring?

Lowry Copp Armia is a pretty strong checking line, no?

Jockitch

Can't believe I watched a Jet loss & actually found satisfaction with the full effort.
Jets hustled, passed well, made plenty of shot attempts, won faceoffs, cleared rebounds, got above average goaltending ...... yet didn't win.
Hutton was the reason, IMO, that the ending was not worth 2 points for our Jets.    Same effort today & a better result should occur.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on December 17, 2017, 05:25:45 PM
Can't believe I watched a Jet loss & actually found satisfaction with the full effort.
Jets hustled, passed well, made plenty of shot attempts, won faceoffs, cleared rebounds, got above average goaltending ...... yet didn't win.
Hutton was the reason, IMO, that the ending was not worth 2 points for our Jets.    Same effort today & a better result should occur.

I was pretty unsatisfied. Hopefully, it turns out better tonight.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

What a nice game last night.  After outplaying St Louis the night before and getting a loss, this was sweet.  Beating their #1 goalie soundly.  With Petrangelo back in the lineup. 

So, just making sure, the Stanley Cup parade is a go for Portage and Main area?

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on December 18, 2017, 01:56:34 PM
What a nice game last night.  After outplaying St Louis the night before and getting a loss, this was sweet.  Beating their #1 goalie soundly.  With Petrangelo back in the lineup. 

So, just making sure, the Stanley Cup parade is a go for Portage and Main area?

Yes that's correct.
#Ride?