Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Brady 5 MVP's, 7 SB rings, and only 43. lol
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_or_die

SB = Super Boring. I was cheering for TOMpa Bay so I enjoyed the win but after a few minutes into the third quarter you could see KC's "adjustments" (if you could call them that) were going nowhere so it felt like we were just waiting for it to be over. That Buc D was the true MVP though. Mahomes was running for his life for 60 minutes.

SEVEN Super Bowl rings for TB12. Insane.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Best to ever do it. And he still wants to keep playing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Tom Brady will have minor knee surgery this off season.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on February 11, 2021, 09:55:11 PM
Tom Brady will have minor knee surgery this off season.

Looks like he is practicing his anesthesia
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Drew Brees retires. What an amazing career.

GOLDMEMBER

Tom Brady is unretiring already lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

ModAdmin

Brady sees Aaron Rodgers' 4 year/$200M contract and says 'Hmmmmmm'.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 13, 2022, 11:28:46 PM
Brady sees Aaron Rodgers' 4 year/$200M contract and says 'Hmmmmmm'.
Nah, money is money but I am sure it is not his prime motivation to return. Him and his wife are supremely loaded! He wants to win 1 more SB. I am positive is the number 1 motivation. I am sure he is well was aware of the top QB rates these days when he announced his retirement in the first place.

ModAdmin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 14, 2022, 01:40:25 AM
Nah, money is money but I am sure it is not his prime motivation to return. Him and his wife are supremely loaded! He wants to win 1 more SB. I am positive is the number 1 motivation. I am sure he is well was aware of the top QB rates these days when he announced his retirement in the first place.

Perhaps, but Brady has a history of signing team-friendly deals so his team would have money in the cap to sign other star players - even when he played for the Patriots. 

It has been reported his last three year salary agreements (assuming he would play in 2022) was:

Year     Contract value

2020    $25 million
2021    $41.075 million
2022    $8.925 million

So it is feasible that he saw the $50M per year Rodgers recently signed for and decided to try to re-negotiate his $8.925M in the coming season to something competitive with Rodgers.  Pure speculation on my part -I understand that.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

I just feel sorry for the dude that bought the "Last Brady TD" football the day before for $500k...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on March 14, 2022, 02:58:19 PM
I just feel sorry for the dude that bought the "Last Brady TD" football the day before for $500k...
LOL

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 14, 2022, 01:40:25 AM

Actually turns out his un-retirement is Bomber related!
Brady was watching the 2021 Grey Cup with his son.
His son saw Zach Collaros repeatedly march the ball down the field in the 4th and OT.
His son said to Tom "That guy sure is good, I wish he was my Dad!"
And then Brady decided to come back.   ;)

theaardvark

Saw a tweet showing Brady's results over the past decade, he alternates finishing his season by either losing a playoff game, or winning a Superbowl... last year, he lost a playoff game,  So, ring 8 this year?