Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

1.5 episodes into leaky blinders. I find it difficult to understand a lot of the dialogue with that English cockney. Meh it is ok so far. Nothing earth shattering.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Theme song, Red Right Hand on Peaky Blinders by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds ............ is played in Dumb & Dumber ........ where Carey gets robbed by the old woman on the handicapped scooter ...... just heard it yesterday.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Nic16

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 06, 2020, 09:21:06 PM
1.5 episodes into leaky blinders. I find it difficult to understand a lot of the dialogue with that English cockney. Meh it is ok so far. Nothing earth shattering.

Hang in there GM with Peaky Blinders. The acting, characters, storylines and music is absolutely fantastic!

The dialogue is certainly a challenge, but if you read an online recap of each episode you just watched it definitely makes watching the follow up episode far more understandable and enjoyable.

GCn19

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 06, 2020, 02:44:43 PM
Ozark S3 was bonkers. Such a fantastic series!

Ozark is really good. Got Amazon Prime and I am quite impressed with the quality of many of their original series as well.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GCn19 on April 17, 2020, 12:54:55 PM
Ozark is really good. Got Amazon Prime and I am quite impressed with the quality of many of their original series as well.

Amazon Prime is darned good. Jack Ryan, The Man In The High Castle, Treadstone, Sneaky Pete, The Expanse (which used to be on Space, IIRC), Goliath, Hunters... There is a ton of quality content on there. And the perks on Amazon shopping only help its case. I'm glad I have it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 17, 2020, 01:35:43 PM
Amazon Prime is darned good. Jack Ryan, The Man In The High Castle, Treadstone, Sneaky Pete, The Expanse (which used to be on Space, IIRC), Goliath, Hunters... There is a ton of quality content on there. And the perks on Amazon shopping only help its case. I'm glad I have it.

Interesting, I have sort of the opposite point of view. I've had Prime for years and love it, and see the TV component as a bonus complement. I actually went for years not thinking anything of Prime TV (it used to suck) but they've really upped their game to compete with Netflix. Since I'd be a sub anyway, Prime TV is literally a freebie to me, which is awesome.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Waco on Netflix was awesome. Sad but awesome.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 17, 2020, 06:28:32 PM
Interesting, I have sort of the opposite point of view. I've had Prime for years and love it, and see the TV component as a bonus complement. I actually went for years not thinking anything of Prime TV (it used to suck) but they've really upped their game to compete with Netflix. Since I'd be a sub anyway, Prime TV is literally a freebie to me, which is awesome.

I don't really follow. The entire package is awesome, IMO. I simply brought up the shipping perks as an aside because the topic was TV. ;)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 18, 2020, 12:21:02 AM
I don't really follow. The entire package is awesome, IMO. I simply brought up the shipping perks as an aside because the topic was TV. ;)

Yeah I know. I was just sharing that I came to it from the opposite side after years as a Prime sub before the TV component was good and came for free with it.
#Ride?

VictorRomano

Kingdom on Netflix.  Great Korean horror series.  Think medieval Asian Game of Thrones, with zombies.

blue_or_die

I finished all 3 seasons of Ozark. Man oh man is that one good. Probably in my top 3 shows of all time.
#Ride?

Jesse

I have one more episode of The Last Dance to go. Have really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to some copycat documentaries of other epic teams/franchises.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 25, 2020, 03:52:35 PM
I have one more episode of The Last Dance to go. Have really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to some copycat documentaries of other epic teams/franchises.

Maybe the best sports doc I've ever seen. It was absolutely amazing! So much old footage and interviews.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BlueInCgy

White Lines proved to be a pretty good series on Netflix.  Kinda hoping there's a second season, ending seemed to indicate not, but there are characters that could carry forward.

My wife loved Sweet Magnolias.  Not my preferred option, but given that new TV is getting harder to find, it was more than bearable.

Dark Side of the Ring has been excellent this season, and Chris Jericho narrating was perfect.  The Owen Hart episode should win some kind of award, though I know it won't.  It was sadly magnificent, and did a fantastic job in presenting the whole situation from the families point of view, not the industries.  It was intelligent and articulate, and seeing Jim Cornette actually choke up was something I didn't think was possible, and was a very powerful moment.  That, and this season was had a lot of Canadian content (Benoit, Bravo, Hart).  You don't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy it, though it certainly helps.

BlueInCgy

The Great on Amazon Prime/Hulu was brilliant.  Reminiscent of Monty Python/Mel Brooks material, only without the over the top stupidity of some of the parts of History of the World Part 1.  Some of the humour is very overt, while some is very subtle.  Loosely based on the life of Catherine the Great, apparently its intention is to run a multi season series, so here's hoping they do.

Huzzah!