Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Seinfeld
Blue Bloods
Blue Bomber Football
CFL Football
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

JMT21

Saw an interesting commercial for the new season of Banshee.  The commercial certainly piqued my interest. 

Anyone heard of this show? 

hammerbutt

Quote from: JMT21 on March 30, 2016, 02:59:21 PM
Saw an interesting commercial for the new season of Banshee.  The commercial certainly piqued my interest. 

Anyone heard of this show? 

Its too over the top to call it a good show but it is entertaining

GCn19

Quote from: JMT21 on March 18, 2016, 06:35:36 PM
I'm probably in the minority but I haven't been able to watch The Walking Dead. Just can't get into it. Tried watching a couple episodes and didn't think much of it.  On the other hand,  I couldn't stop watching Fear the Walking Dead.. fabulous! 

Am also looking forward to season 2 of HUMANS on AMC. Was impressed with Season 1. 

No one has mentioned it but I think The Blacklist is one of the best shows on TV.  This being said......... James Spader makes the show what it is.  8)

No you're right. James Spader might be one of the best TV actors of all time. He is an incredibly gifted actor and The Blacklist writers fortunately know what they have in him and give him an excellent vehicle for his talents. I have been a huge fan of his since Boston Legal....another brilliant show that nobody watched.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GCn19

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 18, 2016, 07:03:24 PM
Same. I tried on two occasions to get through the first season and while it was alright I don't understand the hype. I never really understood the zombie thing. I heard it gets better later on but I think I've missed the boat.

It doesn't get better later on. Personally, I thought the first two seasons were the best of the series until it eventually became too bogged down.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GOLDMEMBER

Better call Saul just continues to be awesome. Every episode leaves you hanging wanting more. The acting is top notch!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 05, 2016, 03:39:31 AM
Better call Saul just continues to be awesome. Every episode leaves you hanging wanting more. The acting is top notch!

My favourite show on TV right now.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Just finished watching the OJ series last night,  I have to say the casting the acting was top notch (john travolta's strange face excluded).  I predict there will be Emmy's won for multiple people.  Sarah Paulson for Marcia Clarke was great, same for the guys playing Johnnie Cochran and Durden.  Even though I knew the outcome the verdict scene was great and having lived through the trial it was neat to see it unfold and remember what I was doing when it all happened.

JMT21

Quote from: The Zipp on April 06, 2016, 02:13:30 PM
Just finished watching the OJ series last night,  I have to say the casting the acting was top notch (john travolta's strange face excluded).  I predict there will be Emmy's won for multiple people.  Sarah Paulson for Marcia Clarke was great, same for the guys playing Johnnie Cochran and Durden.  Even though I knew the outcome the verdict scene was great and having lived through the trial it was neat to see it unfold and remember what I was doing when it all happened.

Agree completely. BTW - thanks for spoiling the ending for me  ;)

Season 2 -  Fear of the Walking Dead starts on Sunday  8)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: JMT21 on April 06, 2016, 03:08:20 PM

Can't wait! ;D

Has anyone heard any news regarding Hell on Wheels? I thought the second part of season five would air this summer but I've yet to come across any information.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: JMT21 on April 06, 2016, 03:08:20 PM
Agree completely. BTW - thanks for spoiling the ending for me  ;)

X3

Very enjoyable

Cochran and Durden were superb

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 06, 2016, 09:10:19 PM
X3

Very enjoyable

Cochran and Durden were superb

X4

Incredible series, and it got me interested in researching the case and watching all sorts of other OJ stuff. It's hard to get me hooked on a show but I loved it.
#Ride?

gobombersgo

Quote from: The Zipp on April 06, 2016, 02:13:30 PM

Lol, to me it just seems like Travolta was trying too hard. Good series non the less.

I agree with Goldmember with respect to Better Call Saul being top notch. That montage in last week's episode with the dancing inflatable tube man and Jimmy being Jimmy was outstanding.

One show that no one has mentioned yet is The Leftovers. I binged watched it this past week and was not disappointed. Its an HBO show from the created of Lost. There has been 2 seasons of 10 episodes and there is 3rd and final season yet to come. It sorta starts slow but believe me it gets better as the series develops.

GOLDMEMBER

Watched the first episode of "The Path" was good and well worth continuing for now. 2nd episode is tonight. For those conspiricy theorists will find it intriguing. Jesse from Breaking Bad and Will from Hanibal are in it so good acting as well.

It's on Showtime

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 07, 2016, 06:48:03 PM
Watched the first episode of "The Path" was good and well worth continuing for now. 2nd episode is tonight. For those conspiricy theorists will find it intriguing. Jesse from Breaking Bad and Will from Hanibal are in it so good acting as well.

It's on Showtime

Got The Path on my PVR to watch - hopefully this weekend...finished up 11.22.63 - really liked it, couple of episodes were a bit slow but the ending was interesting for sure..