NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

truly would want Dubois as a Jet for the rest of my Senior lifetime, however, if we got the Habs first picks in each of the 3 rounds ...... Hmmm ?

Perhaps the Jets could turn the 2nd Rd pick into a middle six center or wing
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jockitch on July 19, 2022, 07:56:32 PM
truly would want Dubois as a Jet for the rest of my Senior lifetime, however, if we got the Habs first picks in each of the 3 rounds ...... Hmmm ?

Crummy part is those draft picks don't address immediate need and those picks also have to develop, which takes time.

This is just a craptacular situation all-around. And it's just another on a pile of them so far with the Jets during this nightmarish off-season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on July 19, 2022, 07:56:32 PM

Montreal is a rebuilding team. They aren?t giving us any draft picks.

PLD has intentionally trashed his value. We are screwed.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Reports are that MT turned down a 9M qualifying offer.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on July 20, 2022, 05:47:25 PM
Reports are that MT turned down a 9M qualifying offer.
he will get 10 mil eventually. Tough to be a Flame fan now. They are getting scalped. And his team trade list gets leaked! Lol what a joke.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

So, Winnipeg is not the only team with an exodus...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 21, 2022, 03:28:05 AM
So, Winnipeg is not the only team with an exodus...

Exodus seems like quite the stretch here.

Besides Dubois, who else on the Jets has said they want out right now?

Gaudreau and Tkachuk are the only two who have left the Flames. Gaudreau was a UFA and had his reasons, which he penned in an article earlier this week explaining them. Tkachuk, OTOH, is doing the oh-so-typical American in Canada RFA thing. And it's not a good look at all.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Laine re-signs with CBJ, 4 years, $8.7M AAV.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on July 22, 2022, 07:25:39 PM

Not all rosy in Columbus, though. They just had to trade Bjorkstrand for a couple of picks in order to get closer to the cap ceiling.

https://www.tsn.ca/oliver-bjorkstrand-trade-seattle-kraken-columbus-blue-jackets-1.1828278
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Bjorkstrand?s contract dump was certainly due, in most part, to Laine?s new contract
It was a necessary move by their GM

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

Amazing return for Flames with dumping Tkachuk for Huberdeau & Weeger . The NHL GM?s all knew that Treliving had to move him and that?s what surprised me about the return.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on July 23, 2022, 03:52:08 AM
Amazing return for Flames with dumping Tkachuk for Huberdeau & Weeger . The NHL GM?s all knew that Treliving had to move him and that?s what surprised me about the return.

The trade sounds a lot better than it is. Both players have one year left on their deals and, even if Huberdeau resigns, you're paying for his back-9.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on July 23, 2022, 12:29:15 PM
The trade sounds a lot better than it is. Both players have one year left on their deals and, even if Huberdeau resigns, you're paying for his back-9.

This. It's important to look into the specifics when seeing how good a trade actually looks. The Flames get two solid players for a season but that's about it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 25, 2022, 03:57:29 PM
This. It's important to look into the specifics when seeing how good a trade actually looks. The Flames get two solid players for a season but that's about it.
I am not gonna speculate what either Weeger or Huberdeau does after next year as I know very little of them lately. Who knows what they do. They could resign. Huberdeau could not of been impressed with this move I speculate.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!