Quote from: Jockitch on July 17, 2022, 11:59:52 AM
If PLD goes to Habs, do the Jets swing for Kadri at say $7.750M at 5-6 years

He says he?ll only go to a contender.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on July 17, 2022, 11:59:52 AM
If PLD goes to Habs, do the Jets swing for Kadri at say $7.750M at 5-6 years

Isn't Kadri 34?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on July 17, 2022, 01:24:46 PM
Isn't Kadri 34?

31.. but that's beside the point... does he fit?  Not sure he does... sure he has skill and grit... but team mindset?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

Kadri would never come here, he?s staying right where he is

theaardvark

With Calgary rumoured to have offered upwards of $10mil, I can see the list of teams Khadri can be afforded by as very, very small.  He's a 6-7mil player, tops, IMHO, and even then, he's a specific role player that a team has to need.  And extending him a 6 or 7 year deal is going to bite that team in the butt year 4, I think.

PLD has to declare if he intends to go to arbitration today, if he does, we have him for 1-2 years at a reasonable rate, if not, everything is back on the table.  If we can get him on a 1 year ARB or Bridge, and give him a great year as Captain (having moved Wheeler) with KC81 and CO91 on his wings, then there is a chance we can extend him before we lose him.  Especially is MTL sucks bad, and we make the playoffs.   

Not sure why MTL would not offer Suzuki back in a trade, he would be a luxury with PLD there, and they have depth at C.  I know, you always want to "win" a trade, so keeping both would be huge, but they are already cap heavy, trying to fit his $7,875,000 hit and PLD's $8mil+ under the cap is going to be tough, especially with Price eating up $10.5 mil.  That's 1/3 of your cap in 3 players...

Suzuki and a 2nd for PLD and Heinola.  Get back a top C with lots of term at a decent price... would love to see Suzuki, KC81 and CP91.. that would be fast as smooth
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

PL80, Tkachuk, and PL29, all decide against arbitration.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on July 17, 2022, 03:59:18 PM
Kadri would never come here, he?s staying right where he is

The Avs haven't offered him a contract since FA began. It remains to be seen where he winds up next season.

Quote from: Pigskin on July 18, 2022, 03:45:27 AM
PL80, Tkachuk, and PL29, all decide against arbitration.

What a strange off-season so far.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Flames block MT from offer sheet. We should do the same with PL80.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on July 19, 2022, 03:29:50 AM
Flames block MT from offer sheet. We should do the same with PL80.

Really?  Don't you want an offer sheet on him?  If its low enough and the right term, we match.  The higher it goes, the bigger the compensation if we let him go.

Over $6,302,230 to $8,402,975
First-round pick
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $8,402,975 to $10,503,720
2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,503,720
4 First-round picks

And the Canadians have all their picks in place to make any of those offers...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2022, 07:24:00 AM
Really?  Don't you want an offer sheet on him?  If its low enough and the right term, we match.  The higher it goes, the bigger the compensation if we let him go.

First-round pick
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,503,720
4 First-round picks

So, now you don't want to keep Dubois and rebuild the team around him as captain...?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2022, 07:24:00 AM

First-round pick
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,503,720
4 First-round picks

Draft picks take far to long to develop, unless there in the top 5. So no I would rather trade our future Captain for another top 2 center.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 19, 2022, 01:38:17 PM
So, now you don't want to keep Dubois and rebuild the team around him as captain...?

All for keeping the Dubois who said he wants to be a Jet for a long time.  Not sure if he still exists, and this is just his agent making waves and posturing, or if he is truly anxious to get out of town.

Just saying, an offer sheet sets the mark, we either match and use that time to make him feel at home, or take the assets... and yes DP's take time to develop, but in a rebuild, you have time, and if we move on from PLD, it sounds like it will be at least a partial rebuild...

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2022, 04:03:42 PM
All for keeping the Dubois who said he wants to be a Jet for a long time.  Not sure if he still exists, and this is just his agent making waves and posturing, or if he is truly anxious to get out of town.

Just saying, an offer sheet sets the mark, we either match and use that time to make him feel at home, or take the assets... and yes DP's take time to develop, but in a rebuild, you have time, and if we move on from PLD, it sounds like it will be at least a partial rebuild...

When did he even say that? When he was traded here last year, what I recall is he said he was happy to part of this organization and looked forward to playing with the team. Nothing tangible beyond that, though.

Recent events seem to point to a pattern with Dubois - and it isn't flattering. Considering he attended the draft in Montreal, ostensibly with the expectation he'd be traded, it certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be here anymore at all. Even his words from a couple of months ago about wanting to stay until 2024 ring hollow now. Integrity out the window.

I think it's fair to say he took this organization and its fans for fools. He only cares about himself.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

An offer sheet won?t happen for a lot of different reasons.

The only thing possible is a player for player(s) trade.

The best case scenario for the Jets is PLD comes in, plays the best year of his life, and we?re able to trade him at the deadline to a contender. Any other situation involves us giving him away to Montreal for used hockey pucks.
My wife is amazing!