NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 15, 2022, 02:51:57 PM
2 games wasn't enough. But about what was expected.

Definitely expected for a first time offender.

My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on March 15, 2022, 03:02:40 PM
Definitely expected for a first time offender.

Its why first time murderers don't get the death penalty...

"First time offender" should not be an explanation/excuse for this light of a penalty for this egregious of a foul.  Had Dahlin suffered neck trauma and was paralyzed, would they have upped the penalty to 3 games? 

There is no excuse or reason for Matthews to have committed this act.  Period.  And whether it was Matthews or Reaves committing this foul, the book should have been thrown at him. 

You cannot bring your stick up past your waist and strike a player with it.  There is no reason to, this is not a hockey play, this is plain old aggravated assault with a weapon.  No less horrible than a two hander over the head. 

Yes, I am being melodramatic.  But this is blatantly a case of a star player getting preferential treatment.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on March 15, 2022, 03:12:01 PM
Its why first time murderers don't get the death penalty...

"First time offender" should not be an explanation/excuse for this light of a penalty for this egregious of a foul.  Had Dahlin suffered neck trauma and was paralyzed, would they have upped the penalty to 3 games? 

There is no excuse or reason for Matthews to have committed this act.  Period.  And whether it was Matthews or Reaves committing this foul, the book should have been thrown at him. 

You cannot bring your stick up past your waist and strike a player with it.  There is no reason to, this is not a hockey play, this is plain old aggravated assault with a weapon.  No less horrible than a two hander over the head. 

Yes, I am being melodramatic.  But this is blatantly a case of a star player getting preferential treatment.   

Yes, you are being melodramatic.

I personally agree with you, but this seemed like a pretty obvious number of games for a first time offence, and I don't believe his star power played into this one.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on March 15, 2022, 03:37:08 PM
Yes, you are being melodramatic.

I personally agree with you, but this seemed like a pretty obvious number of games for a first time offence, and I don't believe his star power played into this one.

Its like ES71 drawing a 10 min misconduct for something MS55 would have gotten a harsh look for.  Had EV71 made this crosscheck, he's getting 5 games minimum...

His cachet certainly reduced his suspension, first offence or not...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Big Ben goes to the Panthers. For Ty Smilanic, a first round and a fourth round pick.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on March 17, 2022, 01:43:46 PM
Big Ben goes to the Panthers. For Ty Smilanic, a first round and a fourth round pick.

Nice trade that benefits both teams. Must be a nice feeling for Chiarot, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

MP85 waived by Montreal. Perreault has had a tough year in Montreal.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on March 17, 2022, 09:48:31 PM
MP85 waived by Montreal. Perreault has had a tough year in Montreal.

Who hasn't? LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Watched the Flames/Oilers game last night. 9-5 Flames. Oilers really need a goalie. D isn't very good either. Flames look very good right now.

Pigskin

Pigskin

Who will win the Stanley Cup. I would love to see the Flames or the Rangers.  But I think Colorado is just to good of a team not to win.

Pigskin

Wow, Carey Price played tonight.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on April 14, 2022, 07:39:40 PM
Who will win the Stanley Cup. I would love to see the Flames or the Rangers.  But I think Colorado is just to good of a team not to win.

Ew, Rangers.

I want to see them make the final 4 to up the Copp pick to a first rounder and then have them fall on their faces.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on April 20, 2022, 02:57:14 PM
Ew, Rangers.

I want to see them make the final 4 to up the Copp pick to a first rounder and then have them fall on their faces.

Agreed. Whatever helps the Jets with that trade is all that matters to me. I can't stand the Rangers - or any NY sports team now that I think of it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Guy Lefleur passes away at the age of 70. What an incredible player.

Mike Bossy who passed last weekend was another incredible scoring machine. Both died far to young.