NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Montreal played a good game, CP31 was outstanding, but you have to score to win. Montreal has some good young talent, good D, and CP31, but there PP really let them down. It was nice to see a Canadian team in the Cup again. 

The lighting are an excellent team, $20M over the cap or not. Good year for Tampa. Stanley Cup and a Super Bowl.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Glad that's over. Quite the boring SCF outside of game 4, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Montreal to expose Weber in expansion draft. This will protect Ben, Joel, and Jeff who they have to protect because he has a no move clause.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on July 15, 2021, 05:11:39 AM
Montreal to expose Weber in expansion draft. This will protect Ben, Joel, and Jeff who they have to protect because he has a no move clause.

Man, that would be the perfect grab for the Kraken, no issue about cap hit, and a solid leader, their first C...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

If you read the whole story, Weber may not play next year or ever again. Apparently is has a number of lingering injures that need time to heel. I can't see the Kraken touching him. It sound like there interested in Kulak. 

Jockitch

really a sad story for Weber & his potential season sideline journey
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Montreal does not protect Carey Price.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on July 18, 2021, 05:41:47 PM
Montreal does not protect Carey Price.

Seeing what VGK did in drafting MAF, I can't see the Krakers passing up on Price, regardless his price...  mkes them immediate contenders.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Believe there is no way Price gets picked. Denault me thinks is Seattle?s pick from Habs

Holtby or Bishop, with a strong chance, if rumours are correct, Driedger from Florida
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Vegas has to leave one of there goalies unprotected, neither is making 10M .

blue_gold_84

Lots of big names out there for Francis to choose for his roster. The Kraken should be pretty competitive right out of the gate.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on July 18, 2021, 08:23:49 PM
Vegas has to leave one of there goalies unprotected, neither is making 10M .

Money is not an issue right now, winning is.

Price gives you an instant chance at winning.

Ask the Jets if Price makes a difference...

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on July 19, 2021, 03:43:22 PM
Money is not an issue right now, winning is.

Price gives you an instant chance at winning.

Ask the Jets if Price makes a difference...

Money mite not mean anything right now, but Price has a ton of time left on his contract. Also it has been reported that Price may miss a significant portion of the season with an injury that may require surgery.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 19, 2021, 02:07:06 PM
Lots of big names out there for Francis to choose for his roster. The Kraken should be pretty competitive right out of the gate.

I agree, there are a lot of very good players unprotected. This is probably a better pool then the Knights had to choose from.

Pigskin

A number of trades last week. This one I found interesting. Patrick and Myer to Nashville for Ellis. Nashville trades Patrick to Vegas for Cody Glass, another Winnipeg boy.