NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 18, 2016, 08:01:53 PM
LOL :D

Wow, Aardsy. Wow. :D

I'll be sure to ignore anything you have to say on the subject of hockey anymore. That bolded portion is hands down one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

What are you laughing at. MPI would agree with Wideman. MPI!!!!!!!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 18, 2016, 08:01:53 PM
LOL :D

Wow, Aardsy. Wow. :D

I'll be sure to ignore anything you have to say on the subject of hockey anymore. That bolded portion is hands down one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Gotta say im thinking the same thing.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on February 18, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
He looked very concussed to me, he seemed caught off guard by the linesman backing into his line to the bench, last second raised his arms to fend off the encroaching body.  The linesman ran into him as much as he ran into the linesman.  And, if this were an MPI claim, the linesman gets assessed 100% responsibility.  Why wasn't he watching where he was going?  Wideman had an established lane to the bench.

And yes, the NHL is supposed to have concussion spotters that call for a quiet room visit.  When told to do so, I'm not sure if a conscious NHL player would willingly go. 

I grant the 10 game might be warranted, no intent.  But I can understand Wideman and the NHLPA's contention that this was an accident, warranting no disciplinary action.  Which is why they did not appeal for a reduction in the number of games, but the action in its entirety.

Holy Moly... The play is still going. Why wasent the ref watching where he was going? Really? Hes skating backwards in his lane doing his job watching the play. The second the player raised his stick to signal hes coming off its his job to get off the ice and avoid the play.

The player at no point has or is any position to " established a lane ". He at no time trys to avoid the play. He actually steps aside and levels the ref.

It is a bit of a freak play because hes got nowhere to go at that time but i will say he seen the play changing direction and coming back at him but he does nothing to avoid it. Now if he didnt raise his stick to signal hes coming off and just made a B line for the bench i might have a different view of the situation. But it looks pretty clear he new what he was doing. He skated right into it and i agree with blue_gold_84.... Hes lucky that ref wasent hurt.

I think its a good 20 games.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on February 18, 2016, 07:55:35 PM
He looked very concussed to me, he seemed caught off guard by the linesman backing into his line to the bench, last second raised his arms to fend off the encroaching body.  The linesman ran into him as much as he ran into the linesman.  And, if this were an MPI claim, the linesman gets assessed 100% responsibility.  Why wasn't he watching where he was going?  Wideman had an established lane to the bench.

And yes, the NHL is supposed to have concussion spotters that call for a quiet room visit.  When told to do so, I'm not sure if a conscious NHL player would willingly go. 

I grant the 10 game might be warranted, no intent.  But I can understand Wideman and the NHLPA's contention that this was an accident, warranting no disciplinary action.  Which is why they did not appeal for a reduction in the number of games, but the action in its entirety.
sorry dude there is seriously something wrong with you. You just don't seem to have a grasp on reality.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 18, 2016, 09:29:32 PM
Holy Moly... The play is still going. Why wasent the ref watching where he was going? Really? Hes skating backwards in his lane doing his job watching the play. The second the player raised his stick to signal hes coming off its his job to get off the ice and avoid the play.

The player at no point has or is any position to " established a lane ". He at no time trys to avoid the play. He actually steps aside and levels the ref.

It is a bit of a freak play because hes got nowhere to go at that time but i will say he seen the play changing direction and coming back at him but he does nothing to avoid it. Now if he didnt raise his stick to signal hes coming off and just made a B line for the bench i might have a different view of the situation. But it looks pretty clear he new what he was doing. He skated right into it and i agree with blue_gold_84.... Hes lucky that ref wasent hurt.

I think its a good 20 games.

He was injured. He suffered a concussion and hasn't worked since the incident.

True Blue

I believe Wideman was concussed as well but he never brings that up as a reason for why he made that cross check.

And apparently the NHLPA wanted there to be NO suspension and nothing on his record.  Wow.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on February 19, 2016, 03:22:01 AM
He was injured. He suffered a concussion and hasn't worked since the incident.

That sucks.

Wish him well

Old Rusty

I watched this one over and over.  I usually never agree with much that Bettman purports, however this one is clearcut.  The player is guilty.  Brutal behaviour and EXTRA stupid.  These shenanigans are exactly why the NHL will never, ever hit the popularity enjoyed by the NBA and NFL with our neighbours to the south.  My 0.02.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

buckzumhoff

The Jets should send a tape on the hit on Little against Tampa.   The league spends millions and millions on lawyers fighting concussion issues and they don't even give a penalty for a player in a vulnerable position and the Tampa Player goes for a head shot on Little. The refs don't have a clue and there is 4 of them on the ice..

Old Rusty

Little was off balance, had his head down, then was clobbered by Stralman.  The ref's (Joe Cooper's) response was that "Stralhman's not a dirty player."  Which has nothing to do with the incident, and in fact reveals his prejudgement of the situation. 

This is an incompetent ref.

prej?u?dice

ˈprejədəs/
noun

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

synonyms:   preconceived idea, preconception, prejudgment

dislike, hostility, or unjust behavior deriving from unfounded opinions.
"accusations of racial prejudice"

synonyms:   bigotry, bias, partisanship, partiality, intolerance, discrimination, unfairness, inequality; More
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

theaardvark

Knee on knee on Ehlers, and then decapitation on Little, and no penalty.  If he gets a pass as it being accidental because he's not a dirty player, that just confirms that the league has an officiating problem and double standards. 

Both tapes should go in, as well as the tape of the laughing zebra.  o way he should stare down Maurice, skate away.  This isn't baseball.  And you, sir, just endorsed the injury of two Jets with your non call.    You should have been embarrassed to face Maurice.   You can bet the refs saw the replays between periods, he should have gone over to Maurice and said, "Hey, sorry, I missed that one".  Instead, he arrogantly baited Maurice.  This game is not about the refs, its about the game.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

galeforce

The Islanders' relationship with Barclays Center has been on such thin ice during the club's first season in Brooklyn that both sides are secretly exploring ways to cut ties or modify the existing terms of their lease, The Post has learned.

The Islanders were losing roughly $20 million annually playing at the antiquated Nassau Coliseum - their home for 43 years - when owner Charles Wang in 2012 cut a 25-year lease deal with Barclays Center to have the team move there beginning this season. The lease includes a little-known out clause that kicks in after the fourth season that both sides could take advantage of, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/19/islanders-barclays-eye-escape-clause-to-get-team-out-of-brooklyn/

blue_gold_84

What a debacle for the Brooklyn Islanders.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Islanders just are a debacle franchise. Really no one really wants them. New York really only needs 2 teams. Not 3 for crying out loud.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

buckzumhoff

They have been losing money along time.   the attendance at most teams in the states look way down.  There must have been only a few thousand at the Carolina game.  More empty seats , usually the cameras don't show the upper decks where there is nobody but when the lower bowls are empty.  :'for some reason fans aren't showing up .