NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Winnipeg to host outdoor NHL game at IGF

The wait for the Winnipeg Jets to host an NHL game outdoors is over, according to a report issued Saturday evening.

Sportsnet?s John Shannon first spilled the news over Twitter, announcing a game between the Jets and Edmonton Oilers to be played at Investors Group Field sometime in October of next season.

Outdoor game in Winnipeg will take place in late October. Looking like Oilers vs Jets.

? John Shannon (@JSportsnet) February 13, 2016
The idea of hosting an outdoor game in the prairie province isn?t a new one; the NHL and the Jets had been in talks with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the city?s CFL team and residents of the stadium, about plans to have the game this season but were stalled for a number of reasons, including the fact Winnipeg was hosting the Grey Cup.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman has not been shy about the idea, publicly admitting he felt the NHL owed Winnipeg an outdoor game, and Jets co-owner Mark Chipman hinted last month at a local sports dinner that an announcement of an outdoor game would be coming soon.

An official date has yet to be determined.

Jersey

I hope it's Oilers. Everyone been texting me. Us Oil fan's will be there! Already oilers msg board has ppl saying road trip. This will be huuuuge game n money maker for Winnipeg.

I'll be cheering Jets alumni though. Those are my Jets. Seeing selanne  Tkachuk essensa  Khabibulin  zhamnov Steen howerchuk etc... wouldn't that be pretty cool 
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jersey on February 14, 2016, 12:09:35 AM
I hope it's Oilers. Everyone been texting me. Us Oil fan's will be there! Already oilers msg board has ppl saying road trip. This will be huuuuge game n money maker for Winnipeg.

I'll be cheering Jets alumni though. Those are my Jets. Seeing selanne  Tkachuk essensa  Khabibulin  zhamnov Steen howerchuk etc... wouldn't that be pretty cool 
ya it'll be good to see McDavid outdoors at IGF
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 13, 2016, 11:45:19 PM
Wild fire Yeo, 1-11-2 in the last 14...

Something had to be done. The Wild have won all of three games since the new year and have accumulated just 9 points.

I think Fletcher should go with Yeo.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 14, 2016, 01:43:40 AM
Something had to be done. The Wild have won all of three games since the new year and have accumulated just 9 points.

I think Fletcher should go with Yeo.

I agree

From what ive heard they have nothing in their system either. Thats not good when you suck and you got nothing coming up.

Fletcher sould go to.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 15, 2016, 04:53:16 AM
I agree

From what ive heard they have nothing in their system either. Thats not good when you suck and you got nothing coming up.

Fletcher sould go to.

Mathew Dumba was their last solid draft pick of not. Nearly four years ago. :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Mike Harrington@BNHarrington

Kane out for Ottawa. Broke team rule and missed practice. Bylsma clearly annoyed. #Sabres

At least he didn't show up in a tracksuit....
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 15, 2016, 04:46:40 PM

Kane out for Ottawa. Broke team rule and missed practice. Bylsma clearly annoyed. #Sabres

I'm still so, so glad the Jets were able to get rid of this kid.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: theaardvark on February 15, 2016, 04:46:40 PM

LOL would really like to know what he did now?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 15, 2016, 05:42:53 PM

He went to the NBA allstar game.

Guys a complete moron.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 15, 2016, 05:42:53 PM

Apparently, he got absolutely smashed and partied like a maniac. And posted it on social media (it's been since removed).

The best part is seeing Sabres fanboys run to his defense and then proceed to take shots at Myers, Stafford, and the Jets.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 15, 2016, 06:10:21 PM
Apparently, he got absolutely smashed and partied like a maniac. And posted it on social media (it's been since removed).

The best part is seeing Sabres fanboys run to his defense and then proceed to take shots at Myers, Stafford, and the Jets.

Beauty of the internet, it never gets deleted...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Yikes. :-\

Anyway, back to hockey:

http://www.tsn.ca/lightning-won-t-trade-stamkos-this-season-1.438299

Steven Stamkos isn't going anywhere.

At least not until July 1, anyway.

Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman issued a strong statement on Monday saying that his captain will not be traded in the next two weeks, squashing any chatter or rumour to the contrary.

"As February 29th approaches, I am stating today that Steven Stamkos will not be traded before the NHL's trade deadline," Yzerman said via press release. "I have said repeatedly that it is our hope to reach an agreement with Steven on a new contract at some point, and with 27 games remaining in the season, our entire organization, Steven included, wants to focus on making the playoffs. I will keep the negotiating process strictly between the involved parties and have no further comment on the state of those negotiations."

This should be interesting. Watch Stamkos walk on July 1. :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Kane admitted for responsibility. Lol

Good Job Evander good job.

On to the next F up

He's like a tamer version of Johnny Manziel. Or is he?

JMT21

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 15, 2016, 07:35:17 PM
Yikes. :-\

Anyway, back to hockey:

http://www.tsn.ca/lightning-won-t-trade-stamkos-this-season-1.438299

This should be interesting. Watch Stamkos walk on July 1. :D

Empty statement for Yzerman to make.  If the right deal comes along the Lightning will trade him. Letting him go as UFA in July?  Can't imagine it. Have too believe Stevie Y. is smarter than that  ???