NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jersey

I find it fun just getting heat about my team's. being the bad guy is way funner. Like going to enemy's territory cheering on your team :) except for when you lose, ok its lil embarrassing :@
But im all for it, we do it a lot. but I wont try it with Bombers again until were better, wow everytime we go on the road they get fing BLASTED.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

theaardvark

Buck buck in net...  55 gets the first shift, deservedly.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

galeforce

Citing the fact the Penguins have "underachieved," and are equally as close to the bottom of the Metropolitan division as the top, GM Jim
Rutherford admitted he'd been pondering a coaching change since mid-November.

Rutherford pulled the trigger on Saturday, firing head coach Mike Johnston and promoting coach Mike Sullivan from the AHL. Sullivan is a former Boston Bruins head coach and long-time NHL assistant.

"We've underachieved," Rutherford told reporters. "This team has more to give."

http://www.tsn.ca/penguins-fire-head-coach-johnston-sullivan-named-replacement-1.408168

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 10:39:56 PM
2006 WE WERE ONE GAME AWAY FROM THE CUP!

And the Oilers still lost in 2006. "We almost won!" You sound like a Canucks fan. ::)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on December 11, 2015, 10:42:52 PM
I find it fun just getting heat about my team's. being the bad guy is way funner. Like going to enemy's territory cheering on your team :) except for when you lose, ok its lil embarrassing :@
But im all for it, we do it a lot. but I wont try it with Bombers again until were better, wow everytime we go on the road they get fing BLASTED.

You probably wouldn't lose so much if you had a competent goalie in net ;)

bomber4life85

huh? 6 in a row I believe. Talbot wins vs Bruins tonight

Jersey

Quote from: Colton on December 14, 2015, 09:19:49 PM
You probably wouldn't lose so much if you had a competent goalie in net ;)
ahh that goal tending beat ur sharks ;) 8-3-1 in last 12 and 6 in a row. and now in a playoff spot! Nilsson 2 weeks ago was nhl stars of week too ;)

With all injuries latest being Klefbom, we keep finding ways to win :) Its been a long time to be so excited in E town and we finally can start enjoying our team.

Colton

Quote from: bomber4life85 on December 15, 2015, 02:08:43 AM
huh? 6 in a row I believe. Talbot wins vs Bruins tonight

I was teasing that Talbot isn't any good whatsoever, there was some banter about him a month or two ago.

blue_gold_84

Kane's point streak ends at 26 games:

http://www.tsn.ca/kane-s-streak-ends-as-avs-blank-blackhawks-1.409942

Semyon Varlamov and the Colorado Avalanche found a perfect way to snap Blackhawks star Patrick Kane's franchise record points streak.

Varlamov stopped 29 shots for his first shutout of the season, leading the Colorado Avalanche to a 3-0 victory over Chicago on Tuesday night and ending Kane's streak at 26 games.

Against the Avs, no less. Well, they're not last in the Central anymore.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 16, 2015, 01:41:26 PM
Kane's point streak ends at 26 games:

http://www.tsn.ca/kane-s-streak-ends-as-avs-blank-blackhawks-1.409942

Against the Avs, no less. Well, they're not last in the Central anymore.
must be nice to get the odd shutout!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

blue_gold_84

I saw this nonsense yesterday on my FB feed and thought I'd share:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/pk-subban-montreal-canadiens-pronounciation-1.3367573

A Quebec language group is raising a stink over how to pronounce the name of Montreal Canadiens star defenceman P.K. Subban, arguing French broadcasters should say it the French way.

L'Association pour l'usage et le soutien de la langue francaise argues French-language broadcasters should use the French pronunciation of his abbreviated first name, "Pay-Ka," rather than the English, "Pea-Kay."

Robert Auclair, founder of the group, said the name should be pronounced in the language of the intended audience.

In a statement obtained by Montreal's La Presse, Auclair said the suggestion should be viewed as "constructive" criticism rather than an admonishment.

Auclair points out that, in the past, English broadcasters referred to former Hab Jean-Claude Tremblay by the English "Jay-See" rather than the French "Gee-Say."

Pretty ridiculous.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 17, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
I saw this nonsense yesterday on my FB feed and thought I'd share:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/pk-subban-montreal-canadiens-pronounciation-1.3367573

Pretty ridiculous.
those francophones are nuts!! Completely insecure and nuts!

Jersey

Congrats to Calgary for great win streak. I really respect that organization. There young guns are awesome to watch. Pure respect.

Edmonton, um man.... You guys been really close last 2 games. Way they playing, jets will run right thru Edmonton. Just out hit **** outta oilers. They better figure out life, quick. Or Jets will eat us for din din.