NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

and i think claiming that the Winnipeg Jets fanbase is racist is a pretty strong charge to make....i would say, like in any other place in the entire world, there are racist people...but to call the entire fan base is absolutely ridiculous....ive seen plenty of Kane jerseys over the years...ive discussed the Kane subject with many fans over the years as well and have never heard one of them refer to his skin color...so it must be the cirlcles you hang with i guess  8)
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on October 26, 2015, 10:09:19 PM
When he shaved YMCMB into his hair, when he posted photos of himself holding stacks of money, when his track suit debacle occurred, when he was traded, today, likely a lot of days in between that end in Y.

i never seen or heard anyone calling him that, not to say that a few idiots didnt use that term, but lets not make it out like majority of people in this city used that term

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 26, 2015, 10:10:58 PM
and i think claiming that the Winnipeg Jets fanbase is racist is a pretty strong charge to make....i would say, like in any other place in the entire world, there are racist people...but to call the entire fan base is absolutely ridiculous....ive seen plenty of Kane jerseys over the years...ive discussed the Kane subject with many fans over the years as well and have never heard one of them refer to his skin color...so it must be the cirlcles you hang with i guess  8)

That's a cop out. It's a serious issue in this city. There are other cities (Boston) that have a similar severity of the issue, does that excuse Winnipeg of it somehow?

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 26, 2015, 10:12:07 PM
i never seen or heard anyone calling him that, not to say that a few idiots didnt use that term, but lets not make it out like majority of people in this city used that term

It's not even just using the word, there is also just the assumptions made about him because of the harmless things he does. He's not allowed to associate with anything that makes Winnipeggers uncomfortable without being labeled this or that, despite showing absolutely no signs of actually being/acting what he gets accused of. That is racism.

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on October 26, 2015, 10:16:59 PM
That's a cop out. It's a serious issue in this city. There are other cities (Boston) that have a similar severity of the issue, does that excuse Winnipeg of it somehow?

it isnt a cop out...im not denying it doesnt exist...but i dont believe white people chased Kane out of here wearing white sheets and torches

AngryGreg

meh...people didnt like him because he was arrogant, with nothing to back it up....and your right, Winnipeggers dont like arrogant people, and I personally dont see anything wrong with that...but lets not turn it into a black/white thing.....people like Wheeler, Little, Ladd because they are quiet guys and let there play on the ice speak for them...not because there white lol

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 26, 2015, 10:37:48 PM
meh...people didnt like him because he was arrogant, with nothing to back it up....and your right, Winnipeggers dont like arrogant people, and I personally dont see anything wrong with that...but lets not turn it into a black/white thing.....people like Wheeler, Little, Ladd because they are quiet guys and let there play on the ice speak for them...not because there white lol

And a lot of the people who didn't like him for a lot of other ignorant reasons, but we just ignore those.

ModAdmin

Posts discussing or accusing posters of racism have been removed.  Please do not go there in future.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on October 26, 2015, 10:01:02 PM
All the people calling him a nigger for shaving ymcmb into his head aren't racist? Alright then.

Winnipeggers can tolerate black athletes playing for their teams, they flip their **** when said athlete doesn't "act white". See quite a few athletes on the 2011 Bomber squad.

You have made racist comments on this very forum that had to be removed. Or have you forgotten that?
you're completely out to lunch. Your reasoning has no proof or base.

Your posts are beyond ridiculous. And if you can't see that you're in the same boat as Kane himself.

Cheers!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 27, 2015, 08:23:55 PM
you're completely out to lunch. Your reasoning has no proof or base.

Kane himself made the claim, how is there no proof or base? Did you not even read the article?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on October 27, 2015, 08:26:51 PM
Kane himself made the claim, how is there no proof or base? Did you not even read the article?
lol taking his word for it? Really? Wow you put up a great argument considering the idiotic source!

Bravo :D

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 27, 2015, 08:34:37 PM
lol taking his word for it? Really? Wow you put up a great argument considering the idiotic source!

Bravo :D

I'm not taking his word for it, I've seen and heard it.

You told me I had no proof or base, I showed you that was an incorrect statement.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on October 27, 2015, 08:40:44 PM
I'm not taking his word for it, I've seen and heard it.

You told me I had no proof or base, I showed you that was an incorrect statement.
you're not worth the energy.

theaardvark

Just because he claimed something was said... yeesh.  He also claimed that  no one in the Jets locker room had his back, and that the coach did not appreciate him playing hurt.  So, right there... you get where his head is at.

Just heard his latest gem... a leading question no doubt, but a telling answer.  When asked "Who in teh NHL right now would yo most like to drop the gloves with", his response?  "Andrew Ladd or Blake Wheeler".  Funny he didn't mention Buff, who was the one who purportedly tossed his track suit in the shower.  Who would wipe up the floor with him.

Does Peluso dress for the return of the Natural?  I hope so...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

AngryGreg

so on an upcoming episode of Barstool Sports..they asked Kane who he would most like to "drop the gloves"...his response was Ladd or Wheeler....this guy continues to be a class act

that being said i only heard the one comment, so i have no idea if he followed it up with a joke or if he was serious