NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Jersey on October 22, 2015, 09:58:21 PM
huh? What the heck does Scrivens even have to do with anything, lol? Because he had ONE good game vs the sharks? Your a sharks fan of coarse you wanna tell me McL sucks. No coach has won it in SJ, so I wont knock him there. But he has won gold, divisions, most wins as a head coach since he became a HC. He def has a lot to offer the young Oilers. Sharks are ageing, not worried about that team. Way more worried baout Jets then Sharks, truth be told. Yes Talbot is good!

Blue or Die, I been on here since start of pre season and ppl were jabbing the Oilers. I didnt just "come on here after 3 game win streak" I've handled plenty of LOSING trust me ;)

Aard. Omg have you played top level once or anytime in your life? Plus minus is a LINE stat, you dont look at that stat and squarely look at the player. But since you wanna go that rope, whats McDavid's plus minus in last 4 games? Wow and thx for clearing up 3-4 for the Oilers, gosh i didnt know. Listen I know this is Jets country, so why would anyone ever want to say anything good about the Oilers? Its not worth getting into a battle. Oilers are gonna lose, gonna win, (aard we are not like you that think bombers are gonna win cup every single year and somehow win every game. We understand its steps...) one thing that is for certain, we are getting and going to be better. And aard before you look even stupider, check out McDavid's scoring against and for when on the ice. I love how you got a -2 and keep that as your safe. Is that all you could come up with?

I have a lot of respect for the Jets team, I envy how big and strong they are. I want a team like that again. Our GM PC said he wants to get heavier but it will take time to weed in and out players to get there. He wants the core together and add PF on each line.

I was just pointing out, there are always stats that can prove wither side of anything.  But again, I applaud your stalwartness toa tem that has struggled.  I feel your pain ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on October 22, 2015, 09:58:21 PM
huh? What the heck does Scrivens even have to do with anything, lol? Because he had ONE good game vs the sharks? Your a sharks fan of coarse you wanna tell me McL sucks. No coach has won it in SJ, so I wont knock him there. But he has won gold, divisions, most wins as a head coach since he became a HC. He def has a lot to offer the young Oilers. Sharks are ageing, not worried about that team. Way more worried baout Jets then Sharks, truth be told. Yes Talbot is good!

Blue or Die, I been on here since start of pre season and ppl were jabbing the Oilers. I didnt just "come on here after 3 game win streak" I've handled plenty of LOSING trust me ;)

Aard. Omg have you played top level once or anytime in your life? Plus minus is a LINE stat, you dont look at that stat and squarely look at the player. But since you wanna go that rope, whats McDavid's plus minus in last 4 games? Wow and thx for clearing up 3-4 for the Oilers, gosh i didnt know. Listen I know this is Jets country, so why would anyone ever want to say anything good about the Oilers? Its not worth getting into a battle. Oilers are gonna lose, gonna win, (aard we are not like you that think bombers are gonna win cup every single year and somehow win every game. We understand its steps...) one thing that is for certain, we are getting and going to be better. And aard before you look even stupider, check out McDavid's scoring against and for when on the ice. I love how you got a -2 and keep that as your safe. Is that all you could come up with?

I have a lot of respect for the Jets team, I envy how big and strong they are. I want a team like that again. Our GM PC said he wants to get heavier but it will take time to weed in and out players to get there. He wants the core together and add PF on each line.

I'm just saying you seem quite high on Talbot after not really doing anything, and I thought you might have learned your lesson after I tried to warn you about Scrivens ;)

McLellan is a terrible coach, and is known for how terrible he is with young players. That and his absolute inability and refusal to make any sort of adjustment to his game plans, especially in the playoffs, are the staple of TMac hockey. I hope you enjoy watching complete duds with no skating or shooting ability to be found, that only exist in the league because they can fight, because Todd sure does.

Jersey

Yea but we got some players though. He has generational player.

How can u say he can't coach players he won the worlds which had been tough to do lately for Canada and he coached ebs and hall on that team amongst other Young young kids.

I'd say I'm thrilled to have him. He can't be that bad his resume is pretty good. I'd look at marleau and Thornton come playoff time, they dont do much.

Talbot had strong case last year in nyr, he kept them in it when Lundquist went down. Talbot has been good all season so far, what's not to like ?

Time will tell but as long as the oilers stay .500 in first ten it's perfect, because we're out with eberle still.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on October 23, 2015, 01:36:11 AM
Yea but we got some players though. He has generational player.

How can u say he can't coach players he won the worlds which had been tough to do lately for Canada and he coached ebs and hall on that team amongst other Young young kids.

I'd say I'm thrilled to have him. He can't be that bad his resume is pretty good. I'd look at marleau and Thornton come playoff time, they dont do much.

Talbot had strong case last year in nyr, he kept them in it when Lundquist went down. Talbot has been good all season so far, what's not to like ?

Time will tell but as long as the oilers stay .500 in first ten it's perfect, because we're out with eberle still.

One has 100 points in the playoffs, the other is tied for 9th all time in GWG in the playoffs. They do absolutely nothing ::)

How can I say that? Because I've watched almost every game he has coached for seven years. He made the playoffs 6 times and was eliminated in 4 straight games in 3 of those, one of which was a reverse sweep. Fun fact, they were almost (and probably should have been) reverse swept three years earlier too! Don't even get me started on all of the cancerous captaincy BS he pulled.

What do you know about TMac other than the positive news you read about him to make yourself feel good about the hiring?

I could tell you exactly what there isn't to like about Talbot, but you won't listen to any of it just like you didn't listen to the exact reasoning I gave to you about Scrivens.

theaardvark

http://puckernews.com/2015/10/19/report-evander-kane-misses-practice-with-severe-case-of-other-****-to-do/

Report: Evander Kane Misses Practice With Severe Case of ?Other **** To Do?

BUFFALO ? Multiple reporters have confirmed that Sabres newly acquired star, Evander Kane, was absent from practice Sunday morning. Sources say the team waited 25 minutes for Kane to arrive before they began running their routine drills. When asked about his absence, the star forward did not shy away from the media.

?Sunday morning is just such a bad time for me? says Evander. ?I had to go grocery shopping along with tons of other ****. Also, my girlfriend was being such a ***** that day so I had to go out and grab her a birthday present?.

So far Evander Kane has 2 points in his first 5 games with the struggling Buffalo Sabres. Despite the importance of practice for a team in the midst of a rebuild, Kane also stresses the importance of other ****. ?I don?t think people really understand my situation. It took me forever to find the aisle that sells cereal, and my girl locked my phone for 35 minutes trying to guess my password?.

There is no word from Sabres management on whether or not Kane will be in the lineup on Wednesday against Toronto. It does, however, seem unlikely considering Kane stated that his schedule this Wednesday is ?packed with ****?.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Jersey

Quote from: theaardvark on October 23, 2015, 03:39:25 AM
http://puckernews.com/2015/10/19/report-evander-kane-misses-practice-with-severe-case-of-other-****-to-do/

BUFFALO ? Multiple reporters have confirmed that Sabres newly acquired star, Evander Kane, was absent from practice Sunday morning. Sources say the team waited 25 minutes for Kane to arrive before they began running their routine drills. When asked about his absence, the star forward did not shy away from the media.

?Sunday morning is just such a bad time for me? says Evander. ?I had to go grocery shopping along with tons of other ****. Also, my girlfriend was being such a ***** that day so I had to go out and grab her a birthday present?.

So far Evander Kane has 2 points in his first 5 games with the struggling Buffalo Sabres. Despite the importance of practice for a team in the midst of a rebuild, Kane also stresses the importance of other ****. ?I don?t think people really understand my situation. It took me forever to find the aisle that sells cereal, and my girl locked my phone for 35 minutes trying to guess my password?.

There is no word from Sabres management on whether or not Kane will be in the lineup on Wednesday against Toronto. It does, however, seem unlikely considering Kane stated that his schedule this Wednesday is ?packed with ****?.
This is a joke....

Jersey

Quote from: Colton on October 23, 2015, 01:54:58 AM
One has 100 points in the playoffs, the other is tied for 9th all time in GWG in the playoffs. They do absolutely nothing ::)

How can I say that? Because I've watched almost every game he has coached for seven years. He made the playoffs 6 times and was eliminated in 4 straight games in 3 of those, one of which was a reverse sweep. Fun fact, they were almost (and probably should have been) reverse swept three years earlier too! Don't even get me started on all of the cancerous captaincy BS he pulled.

What do you know about TMac other than the positive news you read about him to make yourself feel good about the hiring?

I could tell you exactly what there isn't to like about Talbot, but you won't listen to any of it just like you didn't listen to the exact reasoning I gave to you about Scrivens.
Colton ur not gonna give anything good to say about oilers because ur old coach is there.
So what's the point LOL ? Yes it's all McL fault u guy's been eliminated, ok I understand.

I guess will see how he does in his first season. And ok...Talbot ain't that great, gotcha. Us Oilers fan's will also watch him play this year, so far he is doing exactly what he did with NYR. Talbot I'm sure will have bad goals let in,bad game here and there, like any goalie!

Sharks are #1 now that McL is out of there at least. Now they'll win divisions and win some cups at least, we did you a favor :)

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on October 23, 2015, 01:35:15 PM
Colton ur not gonna give anything good to say about oilers because ur old coach is there.
So what's the point LOL ? Yes it's all McL fault u guy's been eliminated, ok I understand.

I guess will see how he does in his first season. And ok...Talbot ain't that great, gotcha. Us Oilers fan's will also watch him play this year, so far he is doing exactly what he did with NYR. Talbot I'm sure will have bad goals let in,bad game here and there, like any goalie!

Sharks are #1 now that McL is out of there at least. Now they'll win divisions and win some cups at least, we did you a favor :)

I haven't said one word about the Oilers as a team, I've made comments about two people and those two people only.

GOLDMEMBER

Hey I'll step up to the plate! THE OILERS SUCK STILL!!

Ya they won 3 games in a row whoopie

Welcome to the "win a game or two in a row club!" LoL

They still will be a basement team and end up with a top 10 draft pick yet again.

As far as there coach hoes Colton seems to know this guys habits and they sure don't sound encouraging.

I for one am continuing to find there crappiness entertaining.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: theaardvark on October 23, 2015, 03:39:25 AM

must be a joke...but i believed it for a second or two until i read the part about the cereal aisle lol
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

AngryGreg

and its still early but man it looks like the Sabres got hosed on that Kane trade lol

GOLDMEMBER

Ok ok so it's not real.

Sure would have been golden had it been real.

Sounds like his life in a nut shell though.

Did he miss or late for practise though?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

The fact that anyone would think it is real speaks volumes about the guy.  Chevy absolutely robbed Buffalo, Myers, on a great contract, was more than enough for all we gave up.  The rest is awesome sauce...

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 23, 2015, 10:42:02 PM
Ok ok so it's not real.

Sure would have been golden had it been real.

Sounds like his life in a nut shell though.

Did he miss or late for practise though?

dont think so..he put 18:00 minutes of ice time in tonight,,,in a 7-2 thrashing by the Canadians...Kane will be traded to the Kings before christmas