NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

now that the preseason is over...fans of both the Oilers and the Sabres have come back to reality to realize there teams still suck ...the Oilers went 6-0 when there kids played against everyone elses kids, and finally just got there first win...and Kane is 5 games deep and no goals...shocked!
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 18, 2015, 10:06:08 PM
now that the preseason is over...fans of both the Oilers and the Sabres have come back to reality to realize there teams still suck ...the Oilers went 6-0 when there kids played against everyone elses kids, and finally just got there first win...and Kane is 5 games deep and no goals...shocked!

Oilers would be smart to make some move for some D imo.

They have enough talent that they could trade someone and make there team better i think.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on October 18, 2015, 11:10:35 PM
Oilers would be smart to make some move for some D imo.

They have enough talent that they could trade someone and make there team better i think.

they have stupid amounts of talent..Hall, Eberle, Nugent Hopkins, Yakapov, McDavid...its crazy when you actually see all these names together...I would trade some young Dmen for Yakapov...i have a feeling thats the only guy they would be willing to part with right now

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 18, 2015, 11:17:22 PM
they have stupid amounts of talent..Hall, Eberle, Nugent Hopkins, Yakapov, McDavid...its crazy when you actually see all these names together...I would trade some young Dmen for Yakapov...i have a feeling thats the only guy they would be willing to part with right now

If i were us i wouldnt trade for Yak...  He dont fit here in anyway.

If anyone i might want Nugent Hopkins.  Hall would fit here well but they would want to much

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on October 18, 2015, 11:30:16 PM
If i were us i wouldnt trade for Yak...  He dont fit here in anyway.

If anyone i might want Nugent Hopkins.  Hall would fit here well but they would want to much

i wouldnt really mess much with the Jets at this point..chemistry seems good and the guys are buying in to the system and it works well for them...the Devils need some speed and scoring up front...which is quite obvious lol

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 18, 2015, 11:32:20 PM
i wouldnt really mess much with the Jets at this point..chemistry seems good and the guys are buying in to the system and it works well for them...the Devils need some speed and scoring up front...which is quite obvious lol

Agree about the Jets

I havent watched the Devils yet...  Follow them on my phone tho

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on October 18, 2015, 11:40:41 PM
Agree about the Jets

I havent watched the Devils yet...  Follow them on my phone tho

still need skill up front lol...that being said this is year one of the rebuild  :'(

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 18, 2015, 11:55:20 PM
still need skill up front lol...that being said this is year one of the rebuild  :'(

4 more ta go

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on October 18, 2015, 11:58:24 PM
4 more ta go

im hoping for one more year next season if they can land a top 5 pick...then by 2017/2018 season be back in the mix ...defense and goalies are pretty solid, just need a bit more skill up front

Jersey

Quote from: AngryGreg on October 18, 2015, 10:06:08 PM

Wow,you guys would make this statement lol esp. After 4 games. you might want to understand oilers have goaltending this year, a experienced coach, who said to give them ten games. We are flying and have 3rd best PK so far! Over 91%

3 straight wins, CYA!

Gosh that McJesus is a FLOP. Catch him on highlight reels ;)
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Jersey

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 15, 2015, 10:28:31 PM
was it? Who cares. oil sucks!

see tomorrow at the pony.

Bro,oops ? A lil fast on first 4 games :p

Are u watching our goaltending cuz it's pretty **** ******* greatness

Let's Go Oilers!!!

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on October 22, 2015, 03:13:29 PM
Wow,you guys would make this statement lol esp. After 4 games. you might want to understand oilers have goaltending this year, a experienced coach, who said to give them ten games. We are flying and have 3rd best PK so far! Over 91%

3 straight wins, CYA!

You have a terrible coach. Have fun being frustrated with that train wreck until someone figures out McLellan blows.

And Cam Talbot is having goaltending? Are you not a little gun shy yet after Scribbles?

blue_or_die

lol Jesse, coming on here after your first three win streak since, like, Gretzky is just as bad as people writing off the Oilers after losing their first four!
#Ride?

theaardvark

Quote from: Jersey on October 22, 2015, 03:13:29 PM

3 straight wins, CYA!

I applaud your steadfastness... from this post, you'd think the team is leading the league, not still sub .500 3-4...  but they are also tied for 3rd in a category... losses. ;)

In case you missed this stat, McDavid is -2...  doesn't matter how many points you put up if the other team scores more when you are on the ice... but then again, only 4 Oil have a positive +/- 

But good on ya.  3 wins in a row after 4 losses in a row... they have a potential 78 win season going...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jersey

Quote from: Colton on October 22, 2015, 03:37:31 PM
You have a terrible coach. Have fun being frustrated with that train wreck until someone figures out McLellan blows.

And Cam Talbot is having goaltending? Are you not a little gun shy yet after Scribbles?
huh? What the heck does Scrivens even have to do with anything, lol? Because he had ONE good game vs the sharks? Your a sharks fan of coarse you wanna tell me McL sucks. No coach has won it in SJ, so I wont knock him there. But he has won gold, divisions, most wins as a head coach since he became a HC. He def has a lot to offer the young Oilers. Sharks are ageing, not worried about that team. Way more worried baout Jets then Sharks, truth be told. Yes Talbot is good!

Blue or Die, I been on here since start of pre season and ppl were jabbing the Oilers. I didnt just "come on here after 3 game win streak" I've handled plenty of LOSING trust me ;)

Aard. Omg have you played top level once or anytime in your life? Plus minus is a LINE stat, you dont look at that stat and squarely look at the player. But since you wanna go that rope, whats McDavid's plus minus in last 4 games? Wow and thx for clearing up 3-4 for the Oilers, gosh i didnt know. Listen I know this is Jets country, so why would anyone ever want to say anything good about the Oilers? Its not worth getting into a battle. Oilers are gonna lose, gonna win, (aard we are not like you that think bombers are gonna win cup every single year and somehow win every game. We understand its steps...) one thing that is for certain, we are getting and going to be better. And aard before you look even stupider, check out McDavid's scoring against and for when on the ice. I love how you got a -2 and keep that as your safe. Is that all you could come up with?

I have a lot of respect for the Jets team, I envy how big and strong they are. I want a team like that again. Our GM PC said he wants to get heavier but it will take time to weed in and out players to get there. He wants the core together and add PF on each line.