NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 03, 2015, 03:21:33 AM
TNSE paid $170M for the Thrashers franchise plus a $60M relocation fee to the NHL. That still comes in at less than 1/3 what Penguins ownership is asking.

Talk about arrogant.

Plus they needed to show 11K season ticket holders cash. For 3 Years i think.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

D Cody Franson signs with the Sabres:

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-sign-franson-to-two-year-6-65m-deal-1.358197

Free-agent defenceman Cody Franson signed a two-year contract worth $6.65 million with the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.

Franson split last season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Nashville Predators, scoring seven goals and adding 29 assists in 78 games.  He also appeared in five playoff games with the Predators and tallied two assists.

The 28-year-old was selected in the third round, 79th overall by the Predators in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and spent parts of two seasons with them before being dealt to the Maple Leafs.

After parts of four seasons with the Leafs he was shipped back to Nashville where he appeared in 23 more games before becoming an unrestricted free-agent.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 10, 2015, 05:28:37 PM
D Cody Franson signs with the Sabres:

http://www.tsn.ca/sabres-sign-franson-to-two-year-6-65m-deal-1.358197

Free-agent defenceman Cody Franson signed a two-year contract worth $6.65 million with the Buffalo Sabres on Thursday.

Franson split last season between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Nashville Predators, scoring seven goals and adding 29 assists in 78 games.  He also appeared in five playoff games with the Predators and tallied two assists.

The 28-year-old was selected in the third round, 79th overall by the Predators in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and spent parts of two seasons with them before being dealt to the Maple Leafs.

After parts of four seasons with the Leafs he was shipped back to Nashville where he appeared in 23 more games before becoming an unrestricted free-agent.

Time to find a new agent.

blue_gold_84

Not hockey related but still a great story:

http://www.tsn.ca/subban-donating-10m-to-montreal-hospital-1.361204

Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban and his foundation have pledged at least $10 million to the Montreal Children's Hospital. The hospital is calling the money the largest philanthropic commitment ever made by a professional athlete in Canada.

The agreement will see Subban, 26, become a spokesperson for certain fundraising campaigns and flagship events organized by the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation.

In recognition of the donation, the Children's officially inaugurated Wednesday the "P.K. Subban Atrium," a 486-square-metre, three-storey public space located at the heart of the hospital's new facilities.

"It is really an amazing feeling to be here," Subban said. "I am proud to walk in the footsteps of my idol Jean Beliveau by giving back to the community and feel privileged to be able to help transform the lives of sick children and their families."

That is awesome. :)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 16, 2015, 07:50:43 PM
Not hockey related but still a great story:

http://www.tsn.ca/subban-donating-10m-to-montreal-hospital-1.361204

Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban and his foundation have pledged at least $10 million to the Montreal Children's Hospital. The hospital is calling the money the largest philanthropic commitment ever made by a professional athlete in Canada.

The agreement will see Subban, 26, become a spokesperson for certain fundraising campaigns and flagship events organized by the Montreal Children's Hospital Foundation.

In recognition of the donation, the Children's officially inaugurated Wednesday the "P.K. Subban Atrium," a 486-square-metre, three-storey public space located at the heart of the hospital's new facilities.

"It is really an amazing feeling to be here," Subban said. "I am proud to walk in the footsteps of my idol Jean Beliveau by giving back to the community and feel privileged to be able to help transform the lives of sick children and their families."

That is awesome. :)

PK is an absolute beauty. Haven't seen or heard a single thing about him off the ice to convey he is anything but an all around amazing human.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on September 16, 2015, 08:01:33 PM
PK is an absolute beauty. Haven't seen or heard a single thing about him off the ice to convey he is anything but an all around amazing human.

Agreed. People can criticize how he plays the game but nobody can deny the quality of human being he is.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

Devils sign Tlusty at a bargain and offer Stempniak a PTO
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Nic16

Quote from: AngryGreg on September 16, 2015, 11:53:08 PM
Devils sign Tlusty at a bargain and offer Stempniak a PTO

Shoulda been the other way around  :-\

blue_gold_84

Leafs trade five to acquire F Michael Grabner from the Islanders:

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-acquire-f-grabner-from-isles-for-five-players-1.362038

...the Toronto Maple Leafs got faster and more flexible by trading five players to the New York Islanders for winger Michael Grabner.

The Leafs sent minor-league forwards Taylor Beck and Carter Verhaeghe, defencemen Matt Finn and Tom Nilsson and goaltender Christopher Gibson to the Islanders.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Nic16 on September 17, 2015, 02:56:15 AM
Shoulda been the other way around  :-\

Maybe Stempnik didn't want an $800k contract, hoping he can earn a bigger payday with the PTO...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

True Blue

I can't believe we didn't try to keep Stepniak.  I thought he was good addition.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

Nic16

Quote from: theaardvark on September 17, 2015, 06:27:39 PM
Maybe Stempnik didn't want an $800k contract, hoping he can earn a bigger payday with the PTO...

So, instead of guaranteeing himself a job & $800k,  Stempniak is going to gamble and "maybe" earn himself an extra $200k. :o ::)

AngryGreg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 17, 2015, 05:24:34 PM
Leafs trade five to acquire F Michael Grabner from the Islanders:

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-acquire-f-grabner-from-isles-for-five-players-1.362038

...the Toronto Maple Leafs got faster and more flexible by trading five players to the New York Islanders for winger Michael Grabner.

The Leafs sent minor-league forwards Taylor Beck and Carter Verhaeghe, defencemen Matt Finn and Tom Nilsson and goaltender Christopher Gibson to the Islanders.

Lou is already trading away the Leafs future  :P

AngryGreg

Quote from: Nic16 on September 19, 2015, 03:50:53 PM
So, instead of guaranteeing himself a job & $800k,  Stempniak is going to gamble and "maybe" earn himself an extra $200k. :o ::)

well..all of that is speculation..who said they offered him a contract yet?

Nic16

Quote from: AngryGreg on September 20, 2015, 02:59:45 PM
well..all of that is speculation..who said they offered him a contract yet?
Nobody is saying Stemp got offered a contract. I suggest reading the trail of posts over that lead to my response.