NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Oilers?  Sigh....

Any chance his parents can force them to trade him to Phily?  Get Carl and Bonnie on the phone...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2015, 12:22:10 AM
Oilers?  Sigh....

Any chance his parents can force them to trade him to Phily?  Get Carl and Bonnie on the phone...

HUH?

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jockitch

Good one Ards ..... kind of feel bad for Eichel though.
Most likely he will get picked by the Sabres & the butt head Tim Murray. Talk about a GM that dumps on his future 2nd pick.
Said he is here for the 2nd year & again goes home feeling like a loser. Not verbatim but that was the gist.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 19, 2015, 12:31:18 AM
HUH?

Carl and Bonnie Lindross...

Quote from: Jockitch on April 19, 2015, 01:54:31 AM
Good one Ards ..... kind of feel bad for Eichel though.
Most likely he will get picked by the Sabres & the butt head Tim Murray. Talk about a GM that dumps on his future 2nd pick.
Said he is here for the 2nd year & again goes home feeling like a loser. Not verbatim but that was the gist.

Can't blame Sabres for being disappointed... but Eichel will be a very good player too.

Kinda karmic though, Buff, Ari and Tor all sold off players and "tanked" Edm played hard to the end.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Congrats to Edmonton let the trading begin starting with Eberle
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on April 19, 2015, 04:03:53 AM
Oilers won the draft lottery.

LOL   ya i new that.

Was Aards attempt at a joke that makes absolutely zero sense at a all.

Maybe its just me. 

buckzumhoff

It looks like Edmonton is the last place he wanted to go.  Edmonton will do the same thing as this year, play all the draft choices , play a third string goalie , and go for another draft pick next year.

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 19, 2015, 03:47:26 PM
LOL   ya i new that.

Was Aards attempt at a joke that makes absolutely zero sense at a all.

Maybe its just me. 

Made sense to anyone alive at the time that Eric Lindross was drafted by Quebec.

What would you trade for McDavid?

Edmonton has a lot of talent, they need a "heart" transplant.

Ladd, Buff, Morrissey our two first rounders this year, our first next year and cash?  Would that be enough?  ;D ;)

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2015, 04:10:44 PM
Made sense to anyone alive at the time that Eric Lindross was drafted by Quebec.

What would you trade for McDavid?

Edmonton has a lot of talent, they need a "heart" transplant.

Ladd, Buff, Morrissey our two first rounders this year, our first next year and cash?  Would that be enough?  ;D ;)

LOL    I was alive.... still a stupid joke.

2 worst places he could go.... Leafs and Oilers. Poor kid could help a bad team but he cant fix stupid.

And why even talk about trading? No way they trade that pick.

Jesse

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 19, 2015, 04:35:08 PM
LOL    I was alive.... still a stupid joke.

2 worst places he could go.... Leafs and Oilers. Poor kid could help a bad team but he cant fix stupid.

And why even talk about trading? No way they trade that pick.

Their GM has already stated - without admitting to who they would draft - that there is a less than 0% chance they will trade the pick.
My wife is amazing!

trapper

This is a generational player we are talking about.  I see this in similar light as the Penguins getting Crosby.  They already had a young Malkin.  They did not have great goal tending.

With Connor...Eberle ... Hall....  I think they will do something in the next couple years...

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: trapper on April 19, 2015, 08:00:34 PM
This is a generational player we are talking about.  I see this in similar light as the Penguins getting Crosby.  They already had a young Malkin.  They did not have great goal tending.

With Connor...Eberle ... Hall....  I think they will do something in the next couple years...

The Pens had pretty good management and were smart enuff to build a good support system for Malkin and Sid.

The problem for the Oilers is going to be they will have to move atleast 2 guys to build that support system. The Oilers will have little chance of McDavid signing anything long term without him seeing that being built.

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 19, 2015, 08:34:26 PM
The Pens had pretty good management and were smart enuff to build a good support system for Malkin and Sid.

The problem for the Oilers is going to be they will have to move atleast 2 guys to build that support system. The Oilers will have little chance of McDavid signing anything long term without him seeing that being built.

Thanks to the CBA, they have him for quite a while before they have to worry about losing him.  If they build a competitive team, with him as the core, them why would he leave?  Edm will always have an advantage in signing him, both in money and term.

They have a lot of the pieces, some improvement on D, better coaching and a goalie and they could have something special.  They have the fanbase, they just need something for the fans to cheer.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2015, 09:05:33 PM
Thanks to the CBA, they have him for quite a while before they have to worry about losing him.  If they build a competitive team, with him as the core, them why would he leave?  Edm will always have an advantage in signing him, both in money and term.

They have a lot of the pieces, some improvement on D, better coaching and a goalie and they could have something special.  They have the fanbase, they just need something for the fans to cheer.

He can ask to be moved if he dont like what he sees. Not saying he will but you can bet hes going to want to see a real commitment from them to build around him. I dont know what it is about the Oilers but they seem to suck the life outta players.

They will need to move some guys and get some D and some guys with some kinda leadership. Huge skill wasted there with no focus or leadership. Just a bunch of highly skilled guys running around trying to score 5 goals because you know your going to get 4 scored on you.

And for sure that can be a really good team.