NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic16

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 02, 2015, 07:49:44 PM
Please tell us what is sad about it.

I think he is just referring to the fact the Yotes have no scorers and Buff may still finish below them and get McDavid.

That said, Eichel is certainly a very sweet consolation prize.

theaardvark

Quote from: Nic16 on April 02, 2015, 08:40:59 PM
I think he is just referring to the fact the Yotes have no scorers and Buff may still finish below them and get McDavid.

That said, Eichel is certainly a very sweet consolation prize.

If anyone but 29 or 30 win the lottery (65% chance of that happening), then 29th gets to pick third overall...  so ensuring Eichel/McDavid means finishing 30th clean.  Otherwise, you have a 2 in 3 chance of not getting either.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Nic16

Quote from: theaardvark on April 02, 2015, 08:49:13 PM
If anyone but 29 or 30 win the lottery (65% chance of that happening), then 29th gets to pick third overall...  so ensuring Eichel/McDavid means finishing 30th clean.  Otherwise, you have a 2 in 3 chance of not getting either.

I understand how the draft lottery works...I was just using an example IF it were to remain the same as it stands today.

theaardvark

Quote from: Nic16 on April 02, 2015, 09:23:16 PM
I understand how the draft lottery works...I was just using an example IF it were to remain the same as it stands today.

If it remains the same as it is today, Arizona only has a 35% chance of getting at least one of the two.  Buffalo would have 100% chance of getting one of them.   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Nic16

Big games tonite...

Let's see a clean sweep of wins...St.L, Hawks, NYR, Avs, Sens & Wings!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Nic16 on April 02, 2015, 10:52:38 PM
Big games tonite...

Yup
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Nic16

Quote from: Nic16 on April 02, 2015, 10:52:38 PM
Big games tonite...

not sure why I put the Avs down instead of the Oilers but it doesn't matter now as LA is on their way to a win.

However, all the other real important games for the Jets came in!!!

Cal now maxes out @ 99, but that's with wins over LA and the Jets. Clean wins by LA and the Jets would make the magic number 96.

Things just got a whole lot better for the Jets tonite!!

Jesse

Quote from: Nic16 on April 03, 2015, 03:58:25 AM
not sure why I put the Avs down instead of the Oilers but it doesn't matter now as LA is on their way to a win.

However, all the other real important games for the Jets came in!!!

Cal now maxes out @ 99, but that's with wins over LA and the Jets. Clean wins by LA and the Jets would make the magic number 96.

Things just got a whole lot better for the Jets tonite!!

As long as we take care of our own business.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

theaardvark

Gotta love the "news article" on Kane....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/evander-kane-problem-child/

Great excerpt...

Kane has been called a lot of things. Cocky. Selfish. A jerk. In hockey circles, ?distraction? is the popular term. But that?s not how teammates characterize him. In December, Scheifele was delivering straight-faced hockey talk until the ?#pushups? photo came up. ?He got a little ribbing for it,? Scheifele said, grinning. Thorburn brought up the time Kane ?carved? the acronym for ?Young Money Cash Money Billionaires,? into his hair. (Thorburn thought it said ?YMCA? at first.) And the guys in the room had recently given Kane a new nickname: ?Cocktails,? the origins of which Kane called a ?long, long story.? Thorburn got into it: ?We?ll say, ?Let?s go for drinks or for a beer,? and he?ll always use the term ?cocktails.? ?Let?s go out for a cocktail.? And it?s just like??Thorburn paused to laugh??you only hear that in movies, you know? He?s trying to be fancy and play along with his persona. We shut that down pretty quickly.?

Just a normal guy...

theaardvark

Love Wozny's takes on twitter:

Adam Wazny @wazoowazny 
Kane texts LOL and uses exclamation marks? NO WAY! He's just like real people!

"Kane will arrange his own interviews via text message (he?ll even write ?lol? and use exclamation marks)..."

Not sure what to make of that Evander Kane-endorsed PR piece on Evander Kane, other than Evander Kane said what Evander Kane wanted to say.

GOLDMEMBER

Hopefully we can get a Calgary loss tonight against the Yotes!

GOLDMEMBER

It would be nice to see the Sens get in.

New_Earth_Mud

#Leafs announce Nonis, Horachek, Spott, Dennis, St. Croix have been fired.