NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: Jockitch on March 04, 2015, 02:41:52 AM
No doubt that Price gets amazing press when he is having a very good year but ........... Schneider has been equally as good IMO

Schneider has had an excellent 2015 in particular. Not sold on him past the regular season though.

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 03:10:42 AM
I'm not sure Ladd is even in the top 20 players in this league if you narrow it down to only the 27 captains in this league.

hes easily in the top 20...his team is sitting 12th overall , in a tough division...hes 26th in the league in points, and like Gold said, hes playing with a wicked edge to him the past few games...hitting everything and being jonny on the spot too....easily top 20
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 03:14:03 AM
hes easily in the top 20...his team is sitting 12th overall , in a tough division...hes 26th in the league in points, and like Gold said, hes playing with a wicked edge to him the past few games...hitting everything and being jonny on the spot too....easily top 20

Getzlaf
Chara
Giordano
Toews
Landeskog
Benn
Zetterberg
Brown
Koivu
Weber
Tavares
McDonagh
Karlsson
Giroux
Crosby
Backes
Stamkos
Sedin
Ovechkin

Are all better than Ladd. That's 19. The other 7 are Doan, Staal, Gionta, Ference, Mitchell, Salvador, Phaneuf. You can argue Ladd slides into the last spot of the top 20 but it's close.

Rhapsody in Blue

Crazy game for the Panthers and Leafs. Luongo hurts his shoulder and comes out of game. Montoya comes in, later is hurt and comes out. Delay while players volunteer to play goal but Montoya then comes back but can hardly move. Goalie coach suits up but Montoya stays in before Luongo comes back in. Craziest part - Leafs won.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 03:33:06 AM
Getzlaf
Chara
Giordano
Toews
Landeskog
Benn
Zetterberg
Brown
Koivu
Weber
Tavares
McDonagh
Karlsson
Giroux
Crosby
Backes
Stamkos
Sedin
Ovechkin

Are all better than Ladd. That's 19. The other 7 are Doan, Staal, Gionta, Ference, Mitchell, Salvador, Phaneuf. You can argue Ladd slides into the last spot of the top 20 but it's close.
ah you're out to lunch! Considering the source I'm not surprised!😳
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 03:14:03 AM

I agree
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

sweep the leg

Dustin Brown isn't a better player than Ladd. That's the only name on that list that is clearly wrong imo. I'd put him ahead of Koivu and even Chara now too, but I could understand the argument the other way as well. Chara is so slow now and not the player he used to be, though he's certainly not a bum.

I really like Ladd, but any argument that he's better than Toews is nonsense.

sweep the leg

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 03, 2015, 10:20:48 PM
and Toews should go down in history as one of the very best....AHEAD of Crosby

This is also nonsense, but I'm sure you already know that.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
This is also nonsense, but I'm sure you already know that.

Personal preference but if i were starting a team id take Toews over Crosby every time.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Colton

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
Dustin Brown isn't a better player than Ladd. That's the only name on that list that is clearly wrong imo. I'd put him ahead of Koivu and even Chara now too, but I could understand the argument the other way as well. Chara is so slow now and not the player he used to be, though he's certainly not a bum.

I really like Ladd, but any argument that he's better than Toews is nonsense.

Perhaps I overvalue Brown after watching my team play against him 13 times a year the last couple of years. Ladd is definitely a more offensive player nowadays but I like what Brown brings to his team more than Ladd.

Using Mud's line of thinking, I would take Ladd over Koivu and Chara as well. Ladd definitely has more upside left in his career and will be playing and is younger than either of them. At the same time though I wouldn't call Filip Forsberg a better player than Jaromir Jagr even though I'd clearly take Filip any day of the week.

Regardless, even with those Ladd is ~16th only counting captains which is the greater point I was trying to make.

GOLDMEMBER

YOu guys are just muddying up everything I'm trying to say.

I'm saying Ladd ahas been better than Toews in the last few games.

Toews is better than Ladd by a long shot overall but I'm talking lately.

Brown lately sucks.

;D

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 04, 2015, 01:48:09 PM
Personal preference but if i were starting a team id take Toews over Crosby every time.

I've heard a lot of people say this. I don't think there is anything wrong with this line of view but in terms of players going down in history I don't see Toews ahead of Crosby. Crosby will go into history books as a generational talent along the lines of Gretzky and Lemieux. He saved an NHL franchise, he won a cup, his trophy room is packed, he's posted insane numbers (1.37P per game) over the span of his career while dealing with concussion issues among other injuries. He scored the OT goal to capture Olympic Gold on home ice, nobody who watched that game is going to forget that goal.

Toews is incredible, he's accomplished a few of the things above, he's accomplished some things Crosby hasn't, but I don't see history remembering him in the realm of players like Gretzky and Lemieux.

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 02:20:21 PM
YOu guys are just muddying up everything I'm trying to say.

I'm saying Ladd ahas been better than Toews in the last few games.

Toews is better than Ladd by a long shot overall but I'm talking lately.

Brown lately sucks.

;D

BG84 showed that even that is still wrong.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 02:21:41 PM
BG84 showed that even that is still wrong.
take those stats and shove it! Its about the play on the ice that counts. ;)