NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 03:49:04 PM
no...there have been a few mistakes for sure..its been difficult to replace 2 NHL stars in Kovalchuk and Parise...they've never been able to replace them

Ya

I find it hard to believe tho that that 300mil thing didnt somehow effect the team. Thats alot of cash to absorb without it having some effect.

Who knows.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 03:52:43 PM
Ya

I find it hard to believe tho that that 300mil thing didnt somehow effect the team. Thats alot of cash to absorb without it having some effect.

Who knows.

but they've spent right up to the Cap limit..so what could it have affected?
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 03:51:09 PM
but i guess we will see this off-season if Lou has anything left....hes already in the HOF and is creditied with building one of the most successful franchises in the NHL over the past 20 years, and that wasnt by fluke lol

Maybe its time to change it up.

Hes done well no doubt about it.

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 03:54:07 PM
Maybe its time to change it up.

Hes done well no doubt about it.

im thinking so ....it will be nice for the team to shred a bunch of salary at the end of this season ....start fresh

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 03:53:56 PM
but they've spent right up to the Cap limit..so what could it have affected?

Holy...  I just looked at the roster ... Thats messed up if thats what hes spent up to the cap on.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 03:55:20 PM
im thinking so ....it will be nice for the team to shred a bunch of salary at the end of this season ....start fresh

What the hell did he spend that money on?

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 03:56:34 PM
Holy...  I just looked at the roster ... Thats messed up if thats what hes spent up to the cap on.

oh..its not pretty....some of those guys...Clowe, Ryder were signed when the NHL as a whole spent a record amount of money during the FA period, so it wasnt just Lou being stupid, he took achance on a couple of players and had to pay top price because the market demanded that...they just didnt work....Ryder wont be resigned and Clowe is pretty much done

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 03:59:02 PM
What the hell did he spend that money on?

well..Jagr and Zidlicky make almost 9 million between the two of them, including bonuses....Clowe makes nearly 5mil, and Ryder is in at 3.5...Salvador wont be resinged and he makes around 3mil...so thats like 20 mil that will be gone after the season lol

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 04:00:19 PM
oh..its not pretty....some of those guys...Clowe, Ryder were signed when the NHL as a whole spent a record amount of money during the FA period, so it wasnt just Lou being stupid, he took achance on a couple of players and had to pay top price because the market demanded that...they just didnt work....Ryder wont be resigned and Clowe is pretty much done

Wont have to trade them?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 04:01:42 PM
well..Jagr and Zidlicky make almost 9 million between the two of them, including bonuses....Clowe makes nearly 5mil, and Ryder is in at 3.5...Salvador wont be resinged and he makes around 3mil...so thats like 20 mil that will be gone after the season lol

Thats a ton o cash for nuffin.

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 04:03:05 PM
Wont have to trade them?

you want them?  :D clowe is out with another concussion...like his 5 in the past couple of years...im thinking he needs to retire..someone might want Ryder for a 2nd or 3rd rounder  :-\

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 04:04:00 PM
Thats a ton o cash for nuffin.

well...Jagr is still a beast...and last season Zidlicky had a good year, but hes trailed off now

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 04:04:51 PM
you want them?  :D clowe is out with another concussion...like his 5 in the past couple of years...im thinking he needs to retire..someone might want Ryder for a 2nd or 3rd rounder  :-\

Good grief... No thanks.

Ill take our roster over that lot any day.

Even Kane must be lookin pretty good to you bout now.... :D ;D

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 14, 2014, 04:13:51 PM
Good grief... No thanks.

Ill take our roster over that lot any day.

Even Kane must be lookin pretty good to you bout now.... :D ;D

ha....no way!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on December 14, 2014, 04:22:33 PM
ha....no way!

LOL  You have to give up your top 2 guys and every 1st n 2nd round pick for him.