NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 14, 2014, 12:51:25 AM
he ain't screwing with nothing other than his own reputation! We treat him fine. He's is just high maintenance but of a diva.

I see him as an extremely talented hockey player, but to each their own.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 14, 2014, 12:51:25 AM
he ain't screwing with nothing other than his own reputation! We treat him fine. He's is just high maintenance but of a diva.

Such nonsense, that. He's been targeted by this fanbase since he got here in 2011.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 14, 2014, 01:31:57 PM
Such nonsense, that. He's been targeted by this fanbase since he got here in 2011.

I'd argue it started well before he even got here. I remember him getting hate before the team was even named.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on July 14, 2014, 05:21:13 PM
I'd argue it started well before he even got here. I remember him getting hate before the team was even named.

Fair point. A lot of people seem to find it easy to hate this kid. And that's too bad.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Ya i agree with 84 and Colton. Its a bunch of nonsense.

If Kane was any kind of real problem in the room or anywhere Maurice would have asked Chevy to move him.

I also agree with what Colton said about him screwing with the media.. Kane no doubt likes to be talked about and he likes to feed the fire IMO.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

sweep the leg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on July 14, 2014, 06:05:14 PM
Ya i agree with 84 and Colton. Its a bunch of nonsense.

I also agree with what Colton said about him screwing with the media.. Kane no doubt likes to be talked about and he likes to feed the fire IMO.
It's not completely nonsense. He's a polarizing guy. "feeding the fire" as you put it is reason enough for some people to not like him. He's making things tougher for his team with some of the things he says/tweets. Favouriting that tweet about Philly may have been nothing but a joke for him, but Chevy probably doesn't find it funny having to answer for it.

A lot of the personal stuff is hard to comment on b/c I have no idea what's true and what isn't.

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on July 14, 2014, 06:05:14 PM

If Kane was any kind of real problem in the room or anywhere Maurice would have asked Chevy to move him.

Not necessarily. A coach will try much harder to work with somebody they think is a trouble maker if that guy has talent. For example, if Tyler Wright was doing the same things Kane was he wouldn't have lasted very long.

Kane's also been a healthy scratch twice. That has to make you think that he's been at least somewhat of a problem at times.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 14, 2014, 06:58:44 PM
It's not completely nonsense. He's a polarizing guy. "feeding the fire" as you put it is reason enough for some people to not like him. He's making things tougher for his team with some of the things he says/tweets. Favouriting that tweet about Philly may have been nothing but a joke for him, but Chevy probably doesn't find it funny having to answer for it.

A lot of the personal stuff is hard to comment on b/c I have no idea what's true and what isn't.
Not necessarily. A coach will try much harder to work with somebody they think is a trouble maker if that guy has talent. For example, if Tyler Wright was doing the same things Kane was he wouldn't have lasted very long.

Kane's also been a healthy scratch twice. That has to make you think that he's been at least somewhat of a problem at times.

All fair and valid points. Kane is a polarizing character and that off-ice stuff seems to get magnified when he or the team isn't doing well on the ice. But who is Tyler Wright...? Do you mean James Wright?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

sweep the leg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 14, 2014, 08:16:42 PM
All fair and valid points. Kane is a polarizing character and that off-ice stuff seems to get magnified when he or the team isn't doing well on the ice. But who is Tyler Wright...? Do you mean James Wright?
I did mean James Wright. Tyler Wright is a retired NHLer.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 14, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

Good points.... and your right he is a polarizing guy and hes prolly not to concerned about who likes him and who dont. I cant really say if things he says or tweets make thing tougher on the team but my thought would be if they are it would be dealt with in some manner. I dont think Chevy is to thrilled about things he says and tweets but im sure he knows what hes got with Kane and the things hes going to do and say he will be question about and understands it just something that come with the job sometimes.

I thought when he was a healthy scratch that was under Noel still?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 14, 2014, 08:20:21 PM
I did mean James Wright. Tyler Wright is a retired NHLer.

That's what I thought. And yes, he is. I have his Upper Deck "Young Gunz" card. LOL ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

sweep the leg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on July 14, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

I thought when he was a healthy scratch that was under Noel still?
Once under Noel & once under Maurice. Noel denied he was a healthy scratch though. It was Kane who said that.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 14, 2014, 08:53:36 PM
Once under Noel & once under Maurice. Noel denied he was a healthy scratch though. It was Kane who said that.

Thx... I remembered it under Noel and now i do remember it under Maurice.... Someone asked him what it would take it get him back on the ice and Maurice asnswer back something like ,,, He needs to show up.

AngryGreg

DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

blue_gold_84

And the Preds just got a little better...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457245

The Nashville Predators added veteran forwards Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy to one-year deals on Tuesday.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 15, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
And the Preds just got a little better...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457245

The Nashville Predators added veteran forwards Mike Ribeiro and Derek Roy to one-year deals on Tuesday.

Ya, the FA signings by our central opponents are just brutal. They went from all being really good to really, really good. I didn't expect to to blow our load in FA, but regardless of our 'plan', being competitive got so much harder.. :-\
#Ride?