NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 17, 2014, 09:32:21 PM
I never mentioned any heat of the battle.

Players say crap to each other all the time. Most are just smart enuff to not mention it.

During the game. Not after the game during a handshake.

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 18, 2014, 01:26:47 AM
You sure seem concerned about that player's junk. I have to wonder if Lucic had high sticked the guy if you would be as upset. I'm certainly not defending Lucic but he wasn't the first to do that and he won't be the last but you're acting like he's the only one to ever do it.

This is a great point. Crosby did it to Girardi (IIRC) during the last round. Only he never got punished for it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 18, 2014, 09:34:31 PM
During the game. Not after the game during a handshake.

This is a great point. Crosby did it to Girardi (IIRC) during the last round. Only he never got punished for it.

True enough... but i still say it should stay on the ice. Tell your mates and coaches but not the media.

Its really stupid to say anything at that point but i dont think it needs to be brought out, it wont fix or prove anything.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 18, 2014, 09:44:16 PM
True enough... but i still say it should stay on the ice. Tell your mates and coaches but not the media.

Its really stupid to say anything at that point but i dont think it needs to be brought out, it wont fix or prove anything.

Well, it proves how classless Lucic is. Look at his history in the NHL. He's a goon through and through. Win or lose, he has no respect and it seems like the only way he'll ever change his attitude is if he gets his lights knocked out.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 18, 2014, 09:48:05 PM
Well, it proves how classless Lucic is. Look at his history in the NHL. He's a goon through and through. Win or lose, he has no respect and it seems like the only way he'll ever change his attitude is if he gets his lights knocked out.

Thats my point tho... Hes a jerkoff and everyone knows it. Tell your mates and take care of biz the next time you see him.

Whats said and done on the ice should be delt with on the ice.  IMO

GOLDMEMBER

after seeing some of todays I don't care about anybody else, Chicago's winning the cup again.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 18, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

I think it would have stayed on the ice if the media hadn't brought it up. Neither player said what Lucic said - that came from the lip reading skills of the media.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 19, 2014, 01:55:23 AM
I think it would have stayed on the ice if the media hadn't brought it up. Neither player said what Lucic said - that came from the lip reading skills of the media.

True... and it should have been just shot down.

Put away for another day.

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 18, 2014, 10:41:21 PM
after seeing some of todays I don't care about anybody else, Chicago's winning the cup again.

agreed....Toews is hands down the best player in the world
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

theaardvark

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 19, 2014, 01:55:23 AM

Only an idiot would think that after a game like that, there would not be cameras all over them, recording every syllable out of their mouths.  Heck, Lucic got caught days earlier Cowbell'ing a player behind the play, didn't he learn from that? 

Sure, in the beer league, what happens on the ice stays on the ice.  But when you get paid millions to play, and you have 27 cameras on you, its worse than any other celebrity and paparazzi.  There is no expectation of privacy on the ice.  Especially during the Stanley freaking Cup playoffs.

Again, he physically assaults a guy outside the realm of play (the player did not have the puck, and was not involved in the play when he tried to castrate him), and then he utters a death threat to another player.  Do either of these in a bar, and you are open to criminal charges.  Put on a hockey helemt and it just "part of the game". 

The sooner they remove these shenanigans from the game, the better.  Or, quit putting up the pretense, and bring us Rollerball on Ice.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Sounds like Miller will be on the move... Blues signed Elliott to 3 years 7mil.

And Price is out for remainder of the series.

AngryGreg

athletes have been saying stuff like that to each other since the beginning of organized sports...hes not literally going to kill him....should he have said that during the handshake? probably not the best place for it, but enough with the dramatics already....you think guys dont say stuff like this to each other in football?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 03:39:50 PM
athletes have been saying stuff like that to each other since the beginning of organized sports...hes not literally going to kill him....should he have said that during the handshake? probably not the best place for it, but enough with the dramatics already....you think guys dont say stuff like this to each other in football?

Someone should get a lawyer.   :o

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 19, 2014, 03:23:59 PM
Sounds like Miller will be on the move... Blues signed Elliott to 3 years 7mil.

And Price is out for remainder of the series.

betcha the Leafs go hard over Miller....but i am betting he goes for a payday in the sun and signs with the sharks or ducks ...probably sharks

AngryGreg

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on May 19, 2014, 01:57:26 PM
agreed....Toews is hands down the best player in the world

Ya i agree.