NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 16, 2014, 03:56:38 AM
It dont matter.

Sure it does. He's disrespectful, immature and downright jerkish. That sort of douchebag behaviour and piss-poor attitude has no place in pro sports, especially during a handshake after a playoff game. Not to mention his "celebratory" bicep flexing and taking his stick to another player's genitals. He then utters threats like some kind of psycho after his team lost and then calls out Weise and Emelin for saying something about it, resorting to name-calling and some lame attempt at saying they should've left it on the ice. Give me a break.

Milan Lucic needs to grow up. Being a sore loser to the extent his has been only makes him look bad in all of this.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Ziggy66

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 16, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Sure it does. He's disrespectful, immature and downright jerkish. That sort of douchebag behaviour and piss-poor attitude has no place in pro sports, especially during a handshake after a playoff game. Not to mention his "celebratory" bicep flexing and taking his stick to another player's genitals. He then utters threats like some kind of psycho after his team lost and then calls out Weise and Emelin for saying something about it, resorting to name-calling and some lame attempt at saying they should've left it on the ice. Give me a break.

Milan Lucic needs to grow up. Being a sore loser to the extent his has been only makes him look bad in all of this.

I started reading then it all just turned to Blah Blah Blah  :p      In the end this sport is all about the entertainment factor and Lucic has entertained me :D

I for one do not find it a big deal. He told Emilin and Weise he was gunning for them next season. There is nothing wrong with that at all. He is a power forward that hits and he is going to hit them very hard when he has the opportunity. Multiple players went nut happy these playoffs, Markov and Perry amoung them.......Lucic is just a trend setter. 

Nic16

I'm a big fan of Lucic, however, the bag check from behind and the threats while shaking hands doesn't look all that good on the big guy. Take your loss like a man and keep your mouth shut if you have nothing good to say when shaking hands. Then when next year rolls around and you still have some anger and hatred towards a particular player just inform him of it on the ice.

And Weise should have taken the high road and not said a thing about it. Telling the media you were threatened doesn't look good on ya. Just deal with it next year. And if the time comes you have to drop the gloves with Lucic just get in close and hang on. Weise is big enough to at least protect himself. This is a mans game, don't look to the media & fans for empathy.

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: Nic16 on May 16, 2014, 07:51:13 PM
And Weise should have taken the high road and not said a thing about it. Telling the media you were threatened doesn't look good on ya. Just deal with it next year. And if the time comes you have to drop the gloves with Lucic just get in close and hang on. Weise is big enough to at least protect himself. This is a mans game, don't look to the media & fans for empathy.

Weise said he was threatened? The interviews I saw he said he wasn't going to say what was said.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 16, 2014, 10:34:57 PM
Weise said he was threatened? The interviews I saw he said he wasn't going to say what was said.
Ah Weise did take the high road. Can't blame him for nothing even afterwards. Lucic is a knob and it should have been known if it wasn't already. Don't' wrap whatever Weise did into this crap. IT'S ALL Lulu being the anything here.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Nic16

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on May 16, 2014, 10:34:57 PM

You're right. I have since read that a certain reporter admits to reading too much into Weise post game comments. Weise alluded to the fact comments were said and that Lucic could have shown more class like Thornton.

Nothing drastic there, but a "no comment" would have sufficed rather than a subtle last poke at a angry bear thru the media.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Nic16 on May 16, 2014, 11:26:43 PM
You're right. I have since read that a certain reporter admits to reading too much into Weise post game comments. Weise alluded to the fact comments were said and that Lucic could have shown more class like Thornton.

Nothing drastic there, but a "no comment" would have sufficed rather than a subtle last poke at a angry bear thru the media.
a bah humm bug
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Well, the Ducks forgot to show up tonight. Yikes. :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Weise should have not said anything about what a player told him on the ice.

Lucic is an idiot for opening his mouth.

Both these guys need to learn to not comment on things said on ice.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 17, 2014, 03:41:10 AM
Weise should have not said anything about what a player told him on the ice.

Lucic is an idiot for opening his mouth.

Both these guys need to learn to not comment on things said on ice.

Sorry, but "heat of battle" and "unwritten code of what is said on the ice" is dumb.  These are grown men playing a professional sport for millions of dollars. Wanna be a jerk and and take a chance at destroying your earning potential, knock yourself out.  But don't be upset when you get outed. 

His comments had no place on the ice or off.  The game was over, there was nothing at stake, he was just bitter about losing and lashed out at someone that was less of a "star" thinking he is better than Weiss, and its Weiss's job to take that kind of crap from him.  Sorry, it isn't anyone's job to take that abuse.  He needs to find a more appropriate outlet for his anger. 

As to the whole Cowbell incident earlier, sorry, but that defines Lucic for me.  Regardless any on ice heroics he may perform, my thought of him will be that whacking of an unsuspecting opponent in the genitals when his back is turned.  The epitome of both classlessness and cowardice. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

oops....montreal forget there was a game today

DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on May 17, 2014, 06:46:32 PM
Sorry, but "heat of battle" and "unwritten code of what is said on the ice" is dumb.  These are grown men playing a professional sport for millions of dollars. Wanna be a jerk and and take a chance at destroying your earning potential, knock yourself out.  But don't be upset when you get outed. 

His comments had no place on the ice or off.  The game was over, there was nothing at stake, he was just bitter about losing and lashed out at someone that was less of a "star" thinking he is better than Weiss, and its Weiss's job to take that kind of crap from him.  Sorry, it isn't anyone's job to take that abuse.  He needs to find a more appropriate outlet for his anger. 

As to the whole Cowbell incident earlier, sorry, but that defines Lucic for me.  Regardless any on ice heroics he may perform, my thought of him will be that whacking of an unsuspecting opponent in the genitals when his back is turned.  The epitome of both classlessness and cowardice. 

I never mentioned any heat of the battle.

Players say crap to each other all the time. Most are just smart enuff to not mention it.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Rhapsody in Blue

Quote from: theaardvark on May 17, 2014, 06:46:32 PM
Regardless any on ice heroics he may perform, my thought of him will be that whacking of an unsuspecting opponent in the genitals when his back is turned.  The epitome of both classlessness and cowardice. 

You sure seem concerned about that player's junk. I have to wonder if Lucic had high sticked the guy if you would be as upset. I'm certainly not defending Lucic but he wasn't the first to do that and he won't be the last but you're acting like he's the only one to ever do it.